President George H.W. Bush has passed at 94...... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:His personal relationships with his family are irrelevant to the net good or harm he did on the world.

Abd it was obvious from his actions that he loved his investments in oil and defence more than he loved his fellow human.

You don’t have a clue who he really was just like the others here who love to hate. Anyone that disagrees with your politics gets a hateful label. You whine about understanding others and display zero understanding of your own. It’s really difficult to tolerate such hypocrisy. He was a human being.
One Degree wrote:You don’t have a clue who he really was just like the others here who love to hate. Anyone that disagrees with your politics gets a hateful label. You whine about understanding others and display zero understanding of your own. It’s really difficult to tolerate such hypocrisy. He was a human being.

You often resort to these judgements when people diagree with you. Anyway, even if I were an awful person, I would still be right in my description of his career.

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/01/the ... f-justice/
Pants-of-dog wrote:You often resort to these judgements when people diagree with you. Anyway, even if I were an awful person, I would still be right in my description of his career.

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/01/the ... f-justice/

So what? I disagree just as much with the damage liberalism is doing to the world, but I sure wouldn’t celebrate any of their deaths.
One Degree wrote:You don’t have a clue who he really was just like the others here who love to hate. Anyone that disagrees with your politics gets a hateful label. You whine about understanding others and display zero understanding of your own. It’s really difficult to tolerate such hypocrisy. He was a human being.

Yes and so we're the people he was so ready to snuff out. People like the Bush's and the Clintons and the Royals might as well be a different species to the middle or working classes. They don't have the same worries or reasoning as we do. I only view them with the same contempt as they treat us.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:Yes and so we're the people he was so ready to snuff out. People like the Bush's and the Clintons and the Royals might as well be a different species to the middle or working classes. They don't have the same worries or reasoning as we do. I only view them with the same contempt as they treat us.

I can hate the idea of what you suggest, but I need to know a lot about how an individual thinks before I can hate them individually. There is a difference between who we are and the roles we play. I hated some of the roles I played, because they weren’t really me.
One Degree wrote:So what? I disagree just as much with the damage liberalism is doing to the world, but I sure wouldn’t celebrate any of their deaths.

I have no idea why you are telling me about what you would or would not do.

Back on topic, his death removes a potent player for dictatorships and war.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Back on topic, his death removes a potent player for dictatorships and war.

he hasn't been a potent anything for over a decade. There are plenty of shitbricks like him around to pick up the slack, the establishment ain't running out of shitheads any time soon. I'm just glad he's dead because he was an asshole and fuck him. I hope he's in hell.
I hope he is resting easier now. I heard that he had been sick for awhile.

Even though he was one of the reasons that I moved from my hometown and I missed out on growing up around my young friends, I don't hate him and his administration. How can you blame a misguided Republican who was raised to be backwards thinking? I blame the poor state of the education system for the ignorance that is pervasive through much of conservative America.
anarchist23 wrote:Jesus Christ.

[center-img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2vruz3a.jpg[/center-img]

That statement can have more than one meaning. There has never been an openly atheist president. Only two claimed no religion, Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Johnson. Lincoln was accused of it during the campaign. You better believe in prayer if you want to be president and you better pray to the right God. :)
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Obama was either a Muslim or an Atheist
definitely not a Christian

I'm an atheist.

Obama is a Christian. He went to church for a long time before he became president.

I'd respect him more if he was an atheist, but still respect him.

Trump is an atheist. That doesn't mean I respect him--Trump is a piece of shit.

Edit: Oh yeah, and in terms of ethnic background, I'm probably as Jewish as you are. Doesn't make me want to move to Outremer, but I suppose your kinfolk saw an opportunity to colonize Palestine, as a way to get away from backward ass Ukraine.

You are clearly an atheist, too. Again, that doesn't mean that I respect you, because I don't. You are pretty fucking vile.
From Wikipedia...
Trump is a Presbyterian.[57][58][59] His ancestors were Lutheran on his paternal grandfather's side in Germany[60] and Presbyterian on his mother's side in Scotland.[61] His parents married in a Manhattan Presbyterian church in 1936.[62] As a child, he attended the First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens, where he had his confirmation.[42] In the 1970s, his parents joined the Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan,[63] part of the Reformed Church.[64] The pastor at Marble, Norman Vincent Peale, ministered to Trump's family and mentored him until Peale's death in 1993.[65][63] Trump has cited Peale and his works during interviews when asked about the role of religion in his personal life.[63] In August 2015 Trump told reporters, "I am Presbyterian Protestant. I go to Marble Collegiate Church," adding that he attends many different churches because he travels a lot.[66] The Marble Collegiate Church then issued a statement noting that Trump and his family have a "longstanding history" with the church, but that he "is not an active member".[64]

Trump said he was "not sure" whether he ever asked God for forgiveness, stating "If I do something wrong, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture." He said he tries to take Holy Communion as often as possible because it makes him "feel cleansed".[57] While campaigning, Trump referred to The Art of the Deal as his second favorite book after the Bible, saying, "Nothing beats the Bible."[67] The New York Times reported that evangelical Christians nationwide thought "that his heart was in the right place, that his intentions for the country were pure."[68]

Trump has associations with a number of Christian spiritual leaders, including Florida pastor Paula White, who has been called his "closest spiritual confidant."[69] In 2015, he released a list of religious advisers, including James Dobson, Jerry Falwell Jr., Ralph Reed, Michele Bachmann, Robert Jeffress, and others.[70][71]

What exactly is wrong? We know how many rockets w[…]

Leslie woman gets to the point. Lol. https:[…]

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]