Rightwing Hero James Fields To Be Sentenced Monday Thread - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hindsite wrote:You got that right. And the so-called Neo-Nazis are a small minority in this country that few people care about because of their bias. I bet even his court appointed lawyer didn't care what happened to him. That lawyer is certainly not going to appeal the verdict.

The defense's strategy of self defense was shit. The strategy should have been temporary insanity from being in shithole communist warzone chased by terrorists.

Short of that, he should have come out as a transgender Muslim and a descendant of holocaust survivor or something just to troll them.
maz wrote:The defense's strategy of self defense was shit. The strategy should have been temporary insanity from being in shithole communist warzone chased by terrorists.

Short of that, he should have come out as a transgender Muslim and a descendant of holocaust survivor or something just to troll them.

Funny, but that might even work with a left-wing jury. :lol:
One Degree wrote:There is nothing unique about genocide. The Nazis didn’t invent it. I would think the number of people wanting to genocide all white males is just as bad as anything they advocated. I don’t see you calling for their imprisonments.

How dare you downplay the nazi's contribution to genocide by bringing modern industrial practices to the craft.. You just tried to erase their history.

Why must you continue to undermine their accomplishments?
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 15 Dec 2018 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
Verv wrote:is not justice

It is in the US.

In practice, the virtual elimination of executions, and the dramatic reduction in the portion of persons under a life sentence for murder who actually receive parole (to far fewer than one percent of the eligible pool annually) means that first-degree murder with special circumstances, first-degree murder, and second-degree murder, are all punished with life imprisonment with little or no chance of release.

:)
@ingliz It is funny to see all the right wing Americans terrified of the life in prison they cherish being applied to one of their own! God forbid a nazi receive the punishment a bunch of innocents have already received. I wonder what they think of execution...

Life in prison used to be too weak for murderers among this type of people. Now it's far too strong. I wonder why this is...
Red_Army wrote:@ingliz It is funny to see all the right wing Americans terrified of the life in prison they cherish being applied to one of their own! God forbid a nazi receive the punishment a bunch of innocents have already received. I wonder what they think of execution...

Life in prison used to be too weak for murderers among this type of people. Now it's far too strong. I wonder why this is...

It cost a lot of taxpayer money.
Red_Army wrote:@ingliz It is funny to see all the right wing Americans terrified of the life in prison they cherish being applied to one of their own! God forbid a nazi receive the punishment a bunch of innocents have already received. I wonder what they think of execution...

That's an interesting perspective.

Usually it is true that the right-wing is, indeed, more hard on crime. However, I've never really heard people say they are hard on people who end up committing Murder In the Heat of the Moment. Indeed, it's rare to even think of it as murder in the classic sense of the word.

It is also true that we can sometimes seem particularly hard on a certain class of criminal, namely, repeat offenders. We also are very hard on people who commit other types of crimes that we believe are repetitive by nature, such as sex crimes.

I think because of the reasons we explained it is clear that we don't think of him as a premeditated murderer, a potential repeat offender, or some great Menace to Society.

However, as there is some question of whether or not he is remorseful, and as there is some question of his General mental health, it definitely does make sense to argue that he might need long-term sentences are oversight of some kind.

I don't know.

The real big Focus here has been showing that a highly politicized first-degree murder charge is not a good charge at all, and all of this cheerleading that goes into this is just silly. It covers up the fact that the case is so surprisingly weak. Not in the sense of having proven that perhaps he was acting in the wrong, that seems to be a bit more clear, but in the sense that he is some premeditated murder.

If you guys can't handle nuance and complexity, why are you even discussing politics?
Verv wrote:If you guys can't handle nuance and complexity, why are you even discussing politics?
:roll: Why does your opinion and ideology have to supersede the facts?

You want us to believe that Fields panicked and ran into 40+ people(killing one) and then later expressed no remorse for doing so, even going so far as call the person he killed an enemy. Who can't handle nuance and complexity? Who can't handle facts?
maz wrote:The defense's strategy of self defense was shit. The strategy should have been temporary insanity from being in shithole communist warzone chased by terrorists.

It was difficult for this guy who attacked people with his car to claim defence after sending texts like this before attending the protests:

Besides, there were far more alt-right people in Charlottesville - including cops - than there was liberals or the left that day.

You are quite stupid for referring to those who were attacked as 'terrorists' but I suppose this particular event brings out extreme-retardation out of many.
If it wasn’t for the ‘militias’ defending Antifa, they would have suffered a lot more. Good thing all conservatives aren’t the Nazis you pretend they are. The liberal government tells the police to let Antifa attack the altright, and conservatives have to save their asses when they fail. Lol.
@One Degree

Actually, it is evidence that the speaker is a racist.

Proof and evidence are not the same thing. http://wiki.c2.com/?EvidenceVersusProof

His words about the victim’s mother are a single point of evidence that he is a racist murderer. By itself, it is weak evidence, but there are many other pieces of evidence that he is racist, including his open support of racism.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Find Someone Who Loves You Like Israel Loves Att[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]