Yellow Vests Call For Bank Run! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I'll admit I didn't watch the videos because I'm at work, so I'm only responding the the thread title.

I'm not sure this would work. Unless it happened across nearly all banks across the world.

Banks and governments look out for each other. If there's a forced bank run in say France. Other banks, governments, and central banks will step in and help them out until the capital is restored. More over, the vast majority of capital held, is held by institutions anyway. They are not going to demand their capital. I don't buy this would work, sounds like a bad move, and i would advise against it.

As a protester, taking all your money out of the bank is straight dangerous too. Get ready to be robbed!

Are the above concerns addressed by the video? Do the point out how the above might be wrong?
Although the French seem to have enormous respect for sans-culotte traditions, they are not self-destructive enough to join or follow them. Even Vladimir Vladimirovich Kremlin of Russia is careful with assessing the French government's actions and he rather appears to be concerned with law and order.

Sputnik News wrote:Speaking about the Yellow Vest protests in France, Putin said it was wrong to assess the French government's actions, adding that it was necessary to ensure the French people’s rights to express their views, but within the framework of the law.
Beren wrote:Although the French seem to have enormous respect for sans-culotte traditions, they are not self-destructive enough to join or follow them. Even Vladimir Vladimirovich Kremlin of Russia is careful with assessing the French government's actions and he rather appears to be concerned with law and order.

of course he is careful because his popularity is the lowest in 15 years
many people in Russia are sick of him but he has so much power and the opposition in Russia is being shut down on all fronts even on the internet so replacing him is only possible only by a mass protest like the yellow west he knows and this this is why he is being careful
chrisw wrote:Euro banks have such strong capital controls it's unlike this would ever make a difference. That and, all the yellow vests are broke anyway. :eh:

Exactly. I feel like these people just learned about what a bank run is, thought they were clever an came up with this dumb idea that will leave the mall poorer if they tried it.

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]

He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]