End of maduro - hopefully. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Patrickov wrote:I have to say, some countries are so messed up that they have effectively given up their sovereignty already, so it makes no difference if the West intervenes. As I said, at least the pro-West politicians are more competent or have more integrity.

And in worse cases, some group of people simply don't deserve soverignty themselves, at least for the time being.

Your opinin on whether or not a country is messed up is not an argument for denying sovereignty.

And yes, it does make a difference if the USA intervenes, since each time they do that in Latin America, they end up supporting dictators and human rights abuses.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your opinin on whether or not a country is messed up is not an argument for denying sovereignty.

And yes, it does make a difference if the USA intervenes, since each time they do that in Latin America, they end up supporting dictators and human rights abuses.

I don't see countries like Cuba are any better, and in some aspects they are worse. However, I don't deny that Cuba is a relatively successful example for you argument, if not rare.

Maduro, on the other hand, failed undoubtedly royally. Even your argument won't save his ass.

Anybody fighting without checking his own weight and picking the correct strategy accordingly deserves no sympathy from me.
SolarCross wrote:I think it is about time chinese emperors stopped wearing boring overalls and bourgouis suits while taking titles for themselves which are so dismally plebian like "Chairman" or "General Secretary" and instead resume ruling over billions of crawling ant people like they mean it by doing it in style, like in the old days.

correct :up:

------------

FAIL - he looks like a petty shoe salesman; who wants to be bossed around by some random crappy shoe salesman? It's just embarrassing. :roll:

Manchu suit is not Chinese suit. I think you want to show this instead:
Honestly rulers don't need to be smart, the really smart ones do as little as possible, they just need to look the part. Maduro's biggest problem is not that he is a retard but that he actually just looks like a nobody. It is insulting to have your life ruined by some random nobody but it is a privilege to have your life ruined by a real king who looks like a king.

^ obvious loser who if he wasn't el presidente could easily be mistaken for a deputy area manager for KFC.

Whereas if you want to be a spanish emperor who ruins peoples lives and actually gets them to thank you for it then you should at a minimum look as badass as this....

Anything less is just an insult...
Patrickov wrote:I don't see countries like Cuba are any better, and in some aspects they are worse. However, I don't deny that Cuba is a relatively successful example for you argument, if not rare.

Maduro, on the other hand, failed undoubtedly royally. Even your argument won't save his ass.

Anybody fighting without checking his own weight and picking the correct strategy accordingly deserves no sympathy from me.

I have no idea how this is a reply to my point.
Massive lol @SolarCross and his feudal wet dream. The suit is the garment of the Capitalist. It is the modern day equivalent of a crown. If you think a person of power will get any respect from the peasantry by wearing something that he would find in a fancy dress shop you are mistaken. :lol:

Beren wrote:It's the Venezuelan military that will intervene sooner or later. I'm sure they're intensively considering whether how the country should be rebooted.

The military back the government as far as I'm aware. Whatever you're sure of, can you share sources that support your position? Can others too? That would be nice. :)

Beren wrote:Poor Maduro only inherited Chavez's shit who just died in time it seems. However, he only has a license for driving buses, not running countries. He can only ruin them.

Do you ever consider the U.S. sanctions when considering the state of Venezeula's economy? Why aren't they ever a factor to people like you?

Here is a thread about them. You should read it.

JohnRawls wrote:Wow the arrogance in this one. If i remember correctly you are Pakistani. What is the reason you or your relatives live in our "Empires" of the US or EU?

:lol:

Somehow I missed this amusing post.

But to answer your question, the country that colonized my parent's country brought a bunch of people back from there to work here, giving them Brit citizenship, and that's why I and lots of South Asians are here, and Jamaicans, and people from certain African countries and...well, you get the picture. Thanks for asking. Not sure why you put "Empire" in quotes as if it isn't that, but ok.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/Angry_Voice/status/1088535878287454209

The military back the government as far as I'm aware. Whatever you're sure of, can you share sources that support your position? Can others too? That would be nice. :)

Do you ever consider the U.S. sanctions when considering the state of Venezeula's economy? Why aren't they ever a factor to people like you?

Here is a thread about them. You should read it.

:lol:

Somehow I missed this amusing post.

But to answer your question, the country that colonized my parent's country brought a bunch of people back from there to work here, giving them Brit citizenship, and that's why I and lots of South Asians are here, and Jamaicans, and people from certain African countries and...well, you get the picture. Thanks for asking. Not sure why you put "Empire" in quotes as if it isn't that, but ok.

Slavery was abolished in the UK more or less in the start of the 19th century. I doubt you or your parents were brought to the UK by those means. On the other hand, if it is not related to slavery then it was a voluntary act for 1 reason or the other. So what were those reasons that your parents/grandparents/etc came to the UK?
@skinster

Twitter warrior skinsterina :lol: (Violence is going to happen in this kind of conditions from both sides but thank you for posting anti-Guiado tweets)

Now back to the important stuff. UK just confiscated Venezuelan gold reserves and will only give it to Guiado. :excited: The metaphorical noose is getting tighter around Maduros neck. Soon enough he will loose the support of the army when he won't be able to pay them. He already lost the support of the parliament and majority of the people in my book. Call it class warfare or whatever but people got screwed in the recent years by him. It wasn't this bad during Chavez.
Jose Mujica never liked him. If Mujica doesn't like him? It is a bad sign.

But the UK and USA wanting to confiscate money and gold and oil and fake concerns about democracy is not the answer to that mess!
Tainari, the US, UK and others have been holding onto Venezuela's riches for years. You can read about it in the thread about sanctions on Venezuela that I posted above. Of course, these countries extortion of what belongs to the Venezuelan people is because they care so much about them.

Tainari88 wrote:But the UK and USA wanting to confiscate money and gold and oil and fake concerns about democracy is not the answer to that mess!

Yes it is. Maduro doesn't really have many to blame as he made space for such to happen.
Patrickov wrote:I don't find it work, although one can argue that Xi Jingping is working his way away from it.

I was just being sarcastic.

It's interesting, because Xi Jingping stated that basically he see's the Chinese "system" as the way forward for the globe. Basically, implying that other governments should organize like the Chinese government. Wouldn't that just present more competition to China? If all other governments were as authoritarian and top down as the Chinese government. It would be much easier for these other governments to compete against China. No pesky civilians getting in the way of hte affairs of the government, and so on...
Rancid wrote:I was just being sarcastic.

It's interesting, because Xi Jingping stated that basically he see's the Chinese "system" as the way forward for the globe. Basically, implying that other governments should organize like the Chinese government. Wouldn't that just present more competition to China? If all other governments were as authoritarian and top down as the Chinese government. It would be much easier for these other governments to compete against China. No pesky civilians getting in the way of the affairs of the government, and so on...

I actually think Trump is something like that in the US, and see what havoc he had made to China.
Patrickov wrote:I actually think Trump is something like that in the US, and see what havoc he had made to China.

Oh my, you are absolutely right! :lol:

So yea, I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that they really don't want that for the rest of the world. It's actually in China's long term interest that the rest of the world remain largely democratic. Democracies create a lot of infighting, which slow down the progress and decision making of nations. Thus, making it easier for China can just gallivant across the globe. This is basically the reason I'm saying that western influence in Latin America is probably less worse than Chinese influence.

At least in western countries, the citizenry and trip up and present road blocks to the neocolonialist. Westner nation citizenry is also more multicultural. Especially since western nations allow more immigration than China does. All of this reduces the damage the west can do to Latin America.
Patrickov wrote:Yes it is. Maduro doesn't really have many to blame as he made space for such to happen.

What has Maduro done to have his gold and money confiscated that other US oil allies don't also do exactly?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

:roll: If the reason why you have no evidence is b[…]

The protest encampments are now spreading to other[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain […]

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]