HBO's Leaving Neverland - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I'd believe he meant the Peter Pan thing really seriously rather than he was like NAMBLA. It's also possible he could get relaxed and be himself only among children and he may have slept in the same bed with children because he had serious sleep problems (that caused his death) otherwise. If you take a look at the first half of the picture Ter posted, you may see MJ's inner child too. It's still possible though he sexually abused children, but Wade Robson's "testimony" certainly doesn't make it any more likely to be true.
Heisenberg wrote:I prefer "innocent until proven guilty", personally, but your principle is definitely the way society is going.

My principle is not a principle at all FYI. It is a saying. And it doesn't belong to me or the public either. :roll:

As for the public speculating on correlation, sure. But doesn't that define the existence of PoFo in that very sentence on pretty much every subject with polar opposite views? Opinions are just that and shouldn't be suppressed ever.

Nonetheless I do agree with everything else you say about not taking a biased documentary as judge and jury for the guilt of Michael Jackson. Without providing any form of defence means that it will be nothing more than a conspiracy documentary that may or may not be true - and the lady from CBS should have been more partial when talking to the alleged victims and the Jackson family as this should have been taken into account. Although my personal opinion is that he is guilty. Why? This isn't a solo account. His behaviour warrants questioning. I would expect such behaviour from someone who grooms. But that is an opinion. I am not asking for legal action. I am happy for people to defend the guy as there isn't sufficient evidence to convict.
B0ycey wrote:His behaviour warrants questioning. I would expect such behaviour from someone who grooms.

What behaviour exactly? His behaviour may warrant questioning, but my problem with that accusations always was that he never seemed predatory and always appeared more credible than his accusers did, like Wade Robson is not credible at all. Real paedophiles don't love children, don't play with children, don't have children around themselves with no apparent reason, don't feel like children, don't act like children, they don't make friends with children (luring and manipulating doesn't count), they just have sex with children, hence my reference to NAMBLA. He may have done some inappropriate things, which we would find inappropriate too perhaps even if children did it to each other, but I don't think he really was a paedophile.
Beren wrote:What behaviour exactly?

Befriending children and asking them to sleep over perhaps. :roll:

As I have said Beren, I have no issue with you or like minded people thinking Jackson was reclaiming his lost youth but suffering from naivety. That may be true. But I am not blinded by his fame. I look at the facts we know to be true and reach a conclusion from that. It is an opinion. And my opinion is his behaviour is similar to that I expect to see from someone who grooms.
Sure, but Jackson was not a child.

As I said, this is purely subjective. What one person sees as innocent another sees as sinister. But one thing that is not subjective is that Pedophiles do befriend children when grooming. And that was behaviour we seen with Jackson.
Beren wrote:Biologically perhaps, but he invested a whole lot in Neverland. Maybe he just spent too much on grooming children.

Maybe. Or maybe he was just too comfortable with children. I doubt he was intending emotional harm with anyone. But he was biologically male and as such would have had sexual desire. It is really inconceivable to think he would have had sexual relations with people who he trusted and also was willing to partake in such activity as they loved him?

Nonetheless I will say one thing that I do agree with you on and that is the credibility of Robson. He has either convincingly lied in court or in this documentary. We know he has lied by using logic so I will not by the argument that anything they say has to accepted or believable.
Heisenberg wrote:Michael Jackson was a strange and troubled man, but I don't believe he was a paedophile. The fact he was cleared despite a full frontal assault from international media before and during his trial is quite telling.

I think it was his politics in display in his music, including going hard at the media at one point that were the main reasons behind the accusations.

That one kid Jordan whats-his-name admitted at some point that his parents made him make the accusations for money.

That Home Alone actor was friends with MJ since he was a kid and said the accusations of sexual abuse etc. were complete nonsense.
B0ycey wrote:It is really inconceivable to think he would have had sexual relations with people who he trusted and also was willing to partake in such activity as they loved him?

He could have had sex with children in a much less complicated and cheaper way and he also wouldn't have done it so publicly. I'm sure he was aware that having sex with children is unpopular, illegal, and inappropriate, so maybe he just wouldn't have built a wonder park for that which cost him tens of millions of dollars.
But you are assuming I think the construction of the park was for grooming. I am not. The park would have been built because he was comfortable with children on an emotional level. His behaviour in terms of grooming would have been mostly associated with people he asked to sleep over and the techniques he used to befriend them originally.
skinster wrote:That Home Alone actor was friends with MJ since he was a kid and said the accusations of sexual abuse etc. were complete nonsense.

His name is Macaulay Culkin and he is one of my childhood heroes. Seriously. :lol:

One thing that should be noted though is that child abusers (sexual or physical abuse) will often target only specific children. For example, it's common for an abusive father/uncle whatever, to only abuse one of the kids in a family, and leave the others alone.

Thus, it may very well be true he never touched Macaulay, but still touched other kids.
Last edited by Rancid on 03 Mar 2019 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
B0ycey wrote:My principle is not a principle at all FYI. It is a saying. And it doesn't belong to me or the public either. :roll:

I'm well aware of the saying "there's no smoke without fire". I was half-joking saying it's becoming a legal principle.

Let me guess, this is going to be one of THOSE thr[…]

Yours is not history, just tinfoil-hat nonsense[…]

That was weird

I was watching the evening news, and they were cov[…]

I define my terms very clearly and very simply. S[…]