Gender Non-binary is a Scam says Pioneer - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I Was America’s First ‘Nonbinary’ Person. It Was All a Sham.
Nobody needed to tell me this. I knew it all along. I'm just amazed at how many people will go along with anything they think the crowd is doing, not matter how self-destructive.

Four years ago, I wrote about my decision to live as a woman in The New York Times, writing that I had wanted to live “authentically as the woman that I have always been,” and had “effectively traded my white male privilege to become one of America’s most hated minorities.”

Hah. No wonder it appeals to the left.

Now, I want to live again as the man that I am.

He'll get slammed for this.

I looked at my insurance policy today. I can get gender reassigment therapy with a $15 co-pay, but if I want pre-treatment counseling, the deductible is $1000. Crazy world.

I should have been stopped, but out-of-control, transgender activism had made the nurse practitioner too scared to say no.

That's the thing: they are not driven by science anymore, but rather politics. You can't turn a man into a woman. It's not possible.

All I needed to do was switch over my hormone operating fuel and get my penis turned into a vagina. Then I’d be the same as any other woman. That’s the fantasy the transgender community sold me. It’s the lie I bought into and believed.

Yeah, the transgender people are pretty freaking twisted to be selling these ideas to anyone. Any other profession would have regulations and probably criminal consequences for the crap that these people are peddling.

The best thing that could have happened would have been for someone to order intensive therapy. That would have protected me from my inclination to cross-dress and my risky sexual transgressions, of which there were many.

Instead, quacks in the medical community hid me in the women’s bathroom with people’s wives and daughters. “Your gender identity is female,” these alleged professionals said.

Exactly. As I said, I can sign up for transgender treatment with a small co-pay, but the mental health part of it has a pretty big deductible.

Freaking mad house this world is these days.
Every word of it true.

The so-called experts in gender assignment are making it up as they go along. There is little really good science. We have parents determining that their little girl is really a boy when she is three. Based on what? She likes to play with toy soldiers and wear her hair short. Then the entire medical establishment jumps on the bandwagon and the next thing you know she is growing facial hair at age 6.

Are there some people who benefit from gender reassignment? I suppose so. I know one who claims it but s(he) is bat-sit crazy even without "his" penchant for wearing cowboy boots and driving a Hummer to his flower shop.

Binery is a scam. It is not a thing. It is a game. We should not recognize it at all. After all. The Monopoly piece that looks like a cat is not really the wheelbarrow. No matter how much shit it can carry.
Scam may be a poor choice of words. Seems likely it is indulging people’s fantasies and delusions though.

Also, if the traditionalist feminist theory is true, gender doesn’t really exist - or shouldn’t exist - anyway. Hense the progressive civil war on the matter.

Waste of energy to me.
The great irony of all of this is that they are gaslighting masculine men and feminine women into thinking that there might be something more to it.

The whole thing is based on recognizing dozens of traits as inherently masculine and inherently feminine, and based off of people's disposition towards these things, you're supposed to entertain a variety of extreme conclusions...

This might not affect a lot of people because their minds naturally come back to sanity and reality, but imagine you are a kid growing up in a single parent home without much of a sense of identity... and let's say you are of average or worst appearance, average or worst intelligence, and average or worst athleticism, and the only recognition that you can possibly receive to get some positive reinforcement from someone besides a mentally frayed single mom that works 52 hours a week is by getting the attention of the 28-year-old social studies teacher who seems hip, young, and affirming, and the small circle of his admirers with buttons & pins talking about gender.

... In the old days, these people got stupid haircuts, wore black clothes, and listened to edgy music. They grew up to be well adjusted adults whose only distinguishing feature was their distinguishing taste in music...

But now you got people mutilating their bodies and taking hormones or otherwise doing extreme play acting.

It's really a recipe for disaster.
It's a scam for the people making money off of it, or even for those gaining transient social capital off of it. It's basically being legitimized by the APA, which will result in even more money being made off of it. I think scam is a fair choice of words.

Regret by people who've done it is so common that it basically reveals the SJW-left's hysteria for what it is. Sad that we are arguing about something that's completely indefensible.
layman wrote:Scam may be a poor choice of words. Seems likely it is indulging people’s fantasies and delusions though.

Not that I can tell. Can you provide evidence that this is all fantasy and delusion?

Also, if the traditionalist feminist theory is true, gender doesn’t really exist - or shouldn’t exist - anyway.

I have no idea what theory you are discussing.

Hence the progressive civil war on the matter.

Waste of energy to me.

Nor do I know of this progressive war you are discussing.

These theories and wars seem like fantasy and delusion.

—————————-

Verv wrote:The great irony of all of this is that they are gaslighting masculine men and feminine women into thinking that there might be something more to it.

This sounds more like a victim narrative than an actual fact. How has anyone gaslit anyone?

The whole thing is based on recognizing dozens of traits as inherently masculine and inherently feminine, and based off of people's disposition towards these things, you're supposed to entertain a variety of extreme conclusions...

This is not true, and even if it were, then it would be the same as traditinal gender roles. Are traditional gender roles also gaslighting then?

This might not affect a lot of people because their minds naturally come back to sanity and reality, but imagine you are a kid growing up in a single parent home without much of a sense of identity... and let's say you are of average or worst appearance, average or worst intelligence, and average or worst athleticism, and the only recognition that you can possibly receive to get some positive reinforcement from someone besides a mentally frayed single mom that works 52 hours a week is by getting the attention of the 28-year-old social studies teacher who seems hip, young, and affirming, and the small circle of his admirers with buttons & pins talking about gender.

... In the old days, these people got stupid haircuts, wore black clothes, and listened to edgy music. They grew up to be well adjusted adults whose only distinguishing feature was their distinguishing taste in music...

But now you got people mutilating their bodies and taking hormones or otherwise doing extreme play acting.

It's really a recipe for disaster.

More unverifable and probably wrong hogwash.

—————————-

Hong Wu wrote:It's a scam for the people making money off of it, or even for those gaining transient social capital off of it.

Like who? Do trans peoole make money off it?

It's basically being legitimized by the APA, which will result in even more money being made off of it. I think scam is a fair choice of words.

Since no one is making money off it, your claim makes no sense.

Regret by people who've done it is so common that it basically reveals the SJW-left's hysteria for what it is. Sad that we are arguing about something that's completely indefensible.

How common is it?

Provide a percent and a source to back it up.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Like who? Do trans peoole make money off it?

Since no one is making money off it, your claim makes no sense.

The therapists, counselors and people making/selling hormones are all making money off of the trans-hysteria.
Not that I can tell. Can you provide evidence that this is all fantasy and delusion?

Evidence? You do realize that you are accepting as "evidence" remarks made by just about anyone conforming to just about any assertion they wish to make.

Non-binery is a made up "condition" based solely on self-description. There is no science on this other than the observation that some people have decided they like the term and want to adopt it. It is a rabbit-hole.

Pants-of-dog wrote:
Like who? Do trans peoole make money off it?

Hold fast. We are not talking about trans people here. We are talking about a distinct "other". Please do not attempt to move the goal posts out of convenience.
Hong Wu wrote:It's a scam for the people making money off of it, or even for those gaining transient social capital off of it. It's basically being legitimized by the APA, which will result in even more money being made off of it. I think scam is a fair choice of words.

One of my good buddies claims that these are programs designed to make the population more malleable and controllable, and to make them hopelessly divided in addition to creating consumer categories.

In his mind, it is prepping everyone for "Brazilification" -- the process by which we will shift from Northern model economies, based on having a strong middle class with democratic turnover of government where a poor boy from Kansas or Hawaii can one day be President, to a society where the model is

85% = Poor/super-poor, moronic, divided, violent, cheap labor & irresponsible consumers
13% = Sub-elites
2% = Elites.

I do not know if it is that planned out... But we can certainly be heading to this sort of future without it being planned.
Hong Wu wrote:The therapists, counselors and people making/selling hormones are all making money off of the trans-hysteria.

So, no. Trans people do not make money off of it.

And if you think providing goods and services to those who wish to pay for them is a scam, then maybe you are a Marxist.

You also have not provided any evidence for your claim that this regret is very common. Care to try it again?

———————————

Drlee wrote:Evidence? You do realize that you are accepting as "evidence" remarks made by just about anyone conforming to just about any assertion they wish to make.

Non-binery is a made up "condition" based solely on self-description. There is no science on this other than the observation that some people have decided they like the term and want to adopt it. It is a rabbit-hole.

If your only support for @layman‘s claim (i.e, that it is a fantasy and a delusion) is a lack of evidence, then please note there is evidence it is more than just a fantasy or delusion.

For example, many non-western cultures recognise more than one gender. This implies that the gender binary is merely cultural rather than objective fact,

Another thread of evidence is the great lengths many trans people go to in order to live their new identity. Considering the frequent loss of family, friends, employment, etc., and the accompanying bigotry targeted at trans people, it makes sense to assume it is more than mere self description.

There is also neurological evidence that the brains of trans people resemble the brains of their desired gender instead of the sex with which they were born.

Finally, a fantasy or delusion is something that can be shown to be counter factual. This is not the case with non binary gender expression.

Hold fast. We are not talking about trans people here. We are talking about a distinct "other". Please do not attempt to move the goal posts out of convenience.

Does it matter? I am asking about who is supposedly scamming the rest of us.

—————————

layman wrote:@Pants-of-dog I think you know fine well About the arguments between traditional feminism which rejects gender - and therefore trans people’s agenda - and trans people.

They call this sea lioning now I think ...

If you cannot even describe what your actual argument is, I see no need to address it.

Have a good one.
Does it matter? I am asking about who is supposedly scamming the rest of us.

You can't give up your misdirection of referring to so called non-binery people as "Trans".

This is wrong. Fix that and I may engage with you on the topic. You and I are not discussing the same thing.
Since that question was never directed at you, we were never discussing "the same thing" to begin with.

Again, if being trans or non binary is a scam, someone must be profiting through intentional deceit.

So, who?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since that question was never directed at you, we were never discussing "the same thing" to begin with.

Again, if being trans or non binary is a scam, someone must be profiting through intentional deceit.

So, who?

Satan and the enemies of Christianity and western civilization who simply like to see tradition falter...

But seriously... why even such a question?

Do you honestly think people's stock doesn't rise/fall with things like this?
Verv wrote:Satan and the enemies of Christianity and western civilization who simply like to see tradition falter...

If the only people profiting are imaginary, the claim can be dismissed.

But seriously... why even such a question?

Because that is the central claim of the thread and I am questioning it.

Do you honestly think people's stock doesn't rise/fall with things like this?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, or how it relates to the lack of support for the central claim of this thread.
Scam can be used in two ways, right?

A scam can be a money grab.

A scam can also be just a general term for a collection of lies -- perhaps with the implication that people get some other sort of profit out of it, such as votes.

This definition from the Cambridge dictionary makes that clear:

a dishonest or illegal plan or activity, esp. one for making money:

This can be melted down so someone can say that the non-binary movmeent is a dishonest activity. The further implication would be that it's this dishonest activity that people engage in to prop up some broader social movement, right.

I think that, by narrowing the definition so ridiculously, you are avoiding an important discussion about gender.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You do not even have an example of deceit, so if you wish to switch the goalposts from "deceit for profit" to sinple "deceit", you still need to show it.

This is all kind of interesting because now we are bouncing around between whether or not we are meeting the dictionary definitions of words.

But let's say that someone is thinking of scam in the Merriam-Webster way:

Definition of scam (Entry 1 of 2)
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

Let's say that we are saying that it is deceptive because gender (male & female) is such a basic truth that anyone who is not accepting it is deceiving themselves. This isn't a beautiful usage of "deceive," but it is still a usage that is seen.

You could also say that plenty of people within the LGBTQ movement are superficially invested in the narrative that gender is purely a construct and thus uncritically accept the claims of non-binary people because they are more excited about the prospect of 'dismantling the patriarchy,' by hook or by crook. So, in a sense, it could be seen as somehow fraudulent because it is a collection of sloppy, DECEITFUL, TRICKY means (thank you, Merriam-Wesbter)...

... This is also kind of interesting because the article itself uses the word sham and not scam. Yet, of course, users here have been using the word scam as well.

But I would say this, POD:

For a guy who really hated people talking about intent and the in's and out's of what categories of crime were committed by James Fields, you sure are interested in extremely precise & exacting use of words in this thread. :lol:

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]