Boeing 737 max MCAS system only connected to ONE sensor - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rugoz wrote:High-speed rail is kind of pointless when you do not have good commuter rail to feed it.

You have to get to the airport (without tranit) and rail stations are typically much more central.

And the reason taht we don't have decent mass transit in most of North America is because car and oil rentiers destroyed this option in the mid 20th Century.

Wasn't that smart of them. (and dumb of the rest of us)

Today, the average suburbanite spends a much greater percent of his disposable income on transporation than previous generations did. And he spends a lot more time sitting motionless in his car or SUV.

This is what a transporation system based on enriching rentiers looks like. Too many planes (some falling from the sky) and too many cars. Nothing green (or moral) here at all.
Here are another few reasons why travelling by train is to be preferred to flying.

- There is a certain romanticism associated with train travel.
- You can meet people
- You can take more luggage
- you can see the landscape at eye level
- your body has time to accommodate to a different climate if you travel far.
- You can read comfortably, eat and drink comfortably
- Most trains in Europe allow you to take your bicycle with you in the luggage wagon.

Those advantages just came to mind.
Actually the pilots havent been "unexperienced", the pilots have been untrained.

Before the first plane crashed, pilots didnt even know that the MCAS existed. It was hidden deep in the documentation, and the pilots received no training about it.
The doomed Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max that crashed and killed 157 people last month reportedly had its angle-of-attack sensor damaged on takeoff from a foreign object or bird.

The damaged sensor went on to trigger inaccurate data and resulted in the pilots turning the anti-stall software - known as MCAS - off, but it re-engaged and pushed the jet downwards, sources told ABC News.

The pilots are said to have tried to manually bring the nose of the plane back up before restoring power but they were unable to regain control - ultimately resulting in the plane crashing to the ground.

They cautioned the data was still being reviewed and that the findings were preliminary.

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board declined to comment.
Hindsite wrote:I don't think I will be going on any airplane again unless it is an absolute emergency. I am going to play it safe for my last, maybe 10 years.
Praise the Lord.

I would do exactly the opposite, fly as much as possible.
If you die in a crash, they will pay like a million dollars to your spouse/kids.
And it is a quick way to go, since we all must, sooner or later.\
Just saying.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]