Julian Assange arrested in London - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

People's opinion can change over time, and sometimes there are instantaneous thoughts that simply shouldn't be treated seriously. Leaders are also people, and I don't deny that they have rights to express their own views more privately if these views goes against what they are tasked (by the people, or in a not-so-pleasant sense, elites) to do. WikiLeaks seems, at best, not understanding this, and IMHO they might have as well exploited this and caused unnecessary upheaval. IMHO this alone merits espionage or even crimes against humanity charges. (Okay I exaggerated on C.A.H. but still)

Trust does not necessarily need to be built on total openness. For example, Trump and his advocates are very open in creating conflicts around the world and profiting from them, and look how you guys think of them. (Totalitarian regimes who don't like admitting it, like CCP or KWP, are somewhat the other extreme)

I also think advocates of WikiLeaks somewhat have voyeur tendencies and shouldn't be encouraged.

While Assange can still be a scapegoat under this thought, admittedly I don't quite feel for this guy.
Patrickov wrote:People's opinion can change over time, and sometimes there are instantaneous thoughts that simply shouldn't be treated seriously. Leaders are also people, and I don't deny that they have rights to express their own views more privately if these views goes against what they are tasked (by the people, or in a not-so-pleasant sense, elites) to do. WikiLeaks seems, at best, not understanding this, and IMHO they might have as well exploited this and caused unnecessary upheaval.

Sure, even if those views expressed more privately involve with war crimes, mass surveillances and diplomatic intrigues against the countries considered as enemies and the allies alike.
Great philosophy!

Patrickov wrote:IMHO this alone merits espionage or even crimes against humanity charges. (Okay I exaggerated on C.A.H. but still)

So basically, in your humble opinion revealing war crimes and the crimes against humanity should be considered as spying and the whistle blowers should be punished for espionage; merely because those who have done the original crime are in power. In the other words; might makes it right!
Well, this is pure rubbish talk.

Patrickov wrote:Trust does not necessarily need to be built on total openness. For example, Trump and his advocates are very open in creating conflicts around the world and profiting from them, and look how you guys think of them. (Totalitarian regimes who don't like admitting it, like CCP or KWP, are somewhat the other extreme)

How do you think of them, may we know..?

Patrickov wrote:I also think advocates of WikiLeaks somewhat have voyeur tendencies and shouldn't be encouraged.

Bullshit! What is your reasoning for this sort of accusation..?

Patrickov wrote:While Assange can still be a scapegoat under this thought, admittedly I don't quite feel for this guy.

So you know what you're doing then. My suggestion therefore to you is to keep these kinds of Humble opinions to yourself in the future. :moron:
Stardust wrote:Sure, even if those views expressed more privately involve with war crimes, mass surveillances and diplomatic intrigues against the countries considered as enemies and the allies alike.
Great philosophy!

Governments like to know others' secrets so as to gain a better edge, and I agree that this is not a desirable tendency, but I think this does not justify everyone doing the same. That's, again, the troll logic of things like "drug cartels kill people there so it's justified to kill people there ourselves" (I'd rather find a better justification for that kind of action, e.g. if I find that necessary).

Stardust wrote:So basically, in your humble opinion revealing war crimes and the crimes against humanity should be considered as spying and the whistle blowers should be punished for espionage; merely because those who have done the original crime are in power. In the other words; might makes it right!
Well, this is pure rubbish talk.

The problem is, in effect, revealing these things doesn't help matters and ingrains wrong thought that everybody is malicious most of the time, which, I think, increase the tendencies of "unreasonable" actions.

Stardust wrote:How do you think of them, may we know..?

People like him are doubled-edged swords. For one, only these kind of people can make totalitarian regimes like the CCP jump and probably fall, which I think people like Sanders won't be able to do; but I understand Trump-alikes can also backfire hard. It's hard to tell how good or bad these people do to humanity.

If most find him need to be stopped so be it, just I urge his stoppers to continue things that needs be done but hadn't started before him.

Stardust wrote:Bullshit! What is your reasoning for this sort of accusation..?

See section 2 above.

Stardust wrote:So you know what you're doing then. My suggestion therefore to you is to keep these kinds of Humble opinions to yourself in the future. :moron:

As if you are any better :lol:
United Nations Special Rapporteur: "Julian Assange is being tortured"

Nils Melzer, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture, yesterday issued a statement demanding an immediate end to the “collective persecution” of Julian Assange and condemning the US and its allies for inflicting “psychological torture” on the WikiLeaks publisher.

Assange, Melzer stated, “has been deliberately exposed, for a period of several years, to progressively severe forms of cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, the cumulative effects of which can only be described as psychological torture.”

Melzer’s statement confirms the comments of Assange’s father, John Shipton, who said last month that his son had been subjected to “touchless torture,” and the warnings of the WSWS that the attempt to extradite Assange was being conducted as a quasi-legal procedure akin to the extraordinary renditions carried out by the United States...

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2019/06/01/pers-j01.html
Write to your MP: Protect Julian Assange

If you’re in the UK, writing to your MP is an important way you can help Julian Assange in his fight against extradition to the United States.

An email written in your own words will be noticed. Your opinion matters. Regardless of what your MP thinks about this issue, they should pass on your concerns to the Home Office if you request it. For everyone who takes the time to write a letter, the UK government knows there are dozens more who think similarly – so even a couple of hundred letters can make a huge difference.

We’ve laid out a sample letter below, endorsing a path forward for the UK Home Secretary that respects British sovereignty and protects Julian Assange from extradition to the United States. Feel free to put these points into your own words, and express why you think Julian Assange deserves protection from a country that is threatening to imprison him for life:

https://defend.wikileaks.org/write-your-mp/
If Julian Assange was a Cuban and he leaked on the Cuban regime people like Ben Norton and skinster would be calling him a gusano and would be all for giving him the gulag treatment.
Sivad wrote:If Julian Assange was a Cuban and he leaked on the Cuban regime people like Ben Norton and skinster would be calling him a gusano and would be all for giving him the gulag treatment.

You sounded like Wikileaks didn't have its hand on Cuba...
Jeremy Cunt gets told by UN guy.

Sivad wrote:If Julian Assange was a Cuban and he leaked on the Cuban regime people like Ben Norton and skinster would be calling him a gusano and would be all for giving him the gulag treatment.

:lol:

"If Julian Assangela was a god-alien and she leaked death onto the world from her teats..."

(I take it you're done being wrong in the Venezuela thread but continue to be a baby, good work)
Open Letter to Journalists in the UK

"On 23 May Julian Assange, was indicted on 17 new counts of violating the Espionage Act in the USA for his role in publishing classified military and diplomatic documents. Each charge 17 carries a maximum 10-year sentence. With the 18th charge of computer hacking he could face a 175-year sentence.

All journalists must now stand with Julian Assange.

Emboldened by its capture of Julian Assange, governments are already pursuing further attacks on journalists. French journalists who reported on leaked documents revealing France’s secret complicity in the war in Yemen, are now under threat. The journalists have refused to answer questions from the French anti-terror police and face possible gaol..."
It's wrenching to see how the world wants to rally a single person who somehow opened the Pandora's Box unnecessarily, yet ignore the plight of up to 7 million people, who are under threat of persecution by their "Central Government" just because they like freedom more than it:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... dition-law
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I haven't bothered to watch all of this video. The[…]

At first, I thought @FiveofSwords was a legit wh[…]

The enemies of freedom are strong in this topic. […]

https://twitter.com/GAMZIRI24/status/1782513808746[…]