Attacks on Sri Lanka churches and hotels - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

fuser wrote:^That is verified as fake news.

If the authorities keep a lid on information even though they have arrested scores of people, that most likely means they suspect the Tamil Tigers. They are obviously scared that the civil war starts up again. Even if there are Christian Tamil Tigers, most of them are Hindus.
Atlantis wrote:If the authorities keep a lid on information even though they have arrested scores of people, that most likely means they suspect the Tamil Tigers. They are obviously scared that the civil war starts up again. Even if there are Christian Tamil Tigers, most of them are Hindus.

Then the tigers would had already taken the responsibility. There was never any anti Christian sentiment in the tamilian movement, anti Buddhist element, it just doesn't look like their work at all but let's wait for the full information.
^ Could be, as don't forget that it's just not Christians but foreigners too who were targeted as various 5 start hotels were also blown up. But then if no one claims the responsibility, it defeats the purpose. If this was done as an act of some sort of revenge, then those people should have come forward and declared their involvement. I doubt the Sri Lankan government is competent to successfully hide everything under the rug.
Now is the time for unity, old hatreds should be put aside.

Now is the time for Sinhalese and Tamil; Buddhist, Christian and Hindu to come together to fight this evil.
Some very rich persons children almost got wiped out in that attack. Danish billionaire or something..

Probably just a coincidence, right?
Security experts: Sri Lanka attacks carry hallmarks of ISIS, al Qaeda

The bombings on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka that killed almost 300 people carry hallmarks of groups like ISIS or al Qaeda, various security experts told Reuters.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks at churches and hotels on the island nation.

“These synchronized attacks are out of the ordinary for Sri Lanka," anti-terrorism expert Alto Labetubun told Reuters.

"Compared with similar attacks in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, it has the DNA of attacks carried out by Islamic State and al Qaeda."

An anonymous Asian counter-terrorism official told Reuters the attack was likely carried out by a group with “significant operational capability and skilled commanders”.

Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena’s office said intelligence reports indicated foreign terrorist organizations were behind Sri Lankan militants.

Rohan Gunaratna, a Singapore-based security expert, told Reuters the Sri Lankan group was the ISIS branch in Sri Lanka.

On Sunday, Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said that the government had some prior information about possible attacks on churches involving a little-known Islamist group, according to Reuters.

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... s-al-qaeda
Sivad wrote:It's funny how you people think the carnage is something that happens to you, you are the carnage. We all deserve the world we get, terrorists and tourists deserve each other. The problem with terrorism isn't that people don't deserve it, they obviously do, the problem with it is that it's pointless and that it only serves to perpetuate the madness.

This is ridiculous. I'm well aware this did not happen to me.

As to those who were affected, how do you know they deserved it? That's why we have trials.
Rich wrote:Now is the time for unity, old hatreds should be put aside.

Now is the time for Sinhalese and Tamil; Buddhist, Christian and Hindu to come together to fight this evil.

As of the 2011 census 70.2% of Sri Lankans were Theravada Buddhists, 12.6% were Hindus, 9.7% were Muslims (mainly Sunni) and 7.4% Christians (6.1% Roman Catholic and 1.3% other Christian). Therefore, the evil must be the Muslims, right? RIGHT.
Stormsmith wrote:This is ridiculous. I'm well aware this did not happen to me.

As to those who were affected, how do you know they deserved it? That's why we have trials.

My point was it's their own apathy, indifference, their callous disregard for the plight of others, their willful ignorance, their self-delusion, their complicity in the ignorant system that runs this world is what got those fuckers blown up. Those people got the world they created, so fuck em.
Sri Lanka bombings ‘retaliation’ for New Zealand mosques massacre – minister
The serial bombing of Christian churches and hotels in Sri Lanka may have been an act of retaliation for the gun rampage at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, a Sri Lankan minister said citing the initial investigation.

Two domestic Islamist groups, the National Thawheed Jama’ut and the Jammiyathul Millathu Ibrahim, are suspected by investigators of orchestrating the Easter Sunday bombings, which killed over 300 people, Ruwan Wijewardene, Sri Lanka’s junior defense minister, told MPs.

Earlier, the Sri Lankan government announced that domestic extremists were behind the bombings and said they had received help from “an international network” which was essential for the success of the terrorist attack.

The massacre in Christchurch happened in mid-March, when a self-described white supremacist gunned down 50 people in two mosques in the central part of the New Zealand city.

The perpetrator livestreamed the brutal attack in an apparent attempt to gain additional notoriety for his crimes.

https://www.rt.com/news/457290-sri-lank ... taliation/

ness31 wrote:Some very rich persons children almost got wiped out in that attack. Danish billionaire or something..

Probably just a coincidence, right?

No, it is not a coincidence.
Five star hotels are expensive and attract by definition rich people.
It is just bad luck for them.
Sivad wrote:My point was it's their own apathy, indifference, their callous disregard for the plight of others, their willful ignorance, their self-delusion, their complicity in the ignorant system that runs this world is what got those fuckers blown up. Those people got the world they created, so fuck em.

That is all well and good, until it's you or me who would pay for someone else's own apathy, indifference, callous disregard for the plight of others, willful ignorance, self-delusion, complicity in the ignorant system that runs this world.

It's bound to happen to anyone, unless we are the bombers ourselves (or in some case, the bombers' fundraisers or controllers). When I think of this, I find it hard to justify your statement.
A typical Muslim lie, there's no way, no way on earth that a highly complex operation like this could have been planned and implemented in the time frame since the New Zealand attack.

Can we rule out divine intervention? No we can't. God may have told the New Zealand attacker that these Muslims were planning this attack and told him to start planning his attack in retaliation.
Ter wrote:No, it is not a coincidence.
Five star hotels are expensive and attract by definition rich people.
It is just bad luck for them.

Bad luck, but not targeted?

Guess we’ll never know.
ness31 wrote:Bad luck, but not targeted?

Guess we’ll never know.

They were not targeted more specifically than anyone else in those five star hotels.
I feel sorry for the Danish billionaire that he lost three of his four children but not more sorry than for anyone else who got killed in the hotels or in the churches.
Because in the end that is the big equaliser. Death.
The billionaires live in mansions with fabulous sea views, will never have to worry about paying bills or rent, eat the most delicious and exotic foods, get the best dental and medical services available in the world, are surrounded by people who carry their stuff and look after them in a multitude of ways and so on and so forth. Until something like this happens, totally unforeseen, totally haphazard (the people who got up late for breakfast were not harmed).
Shluss, finito, irreversible.
End of rant\

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O