Attacks on Sri Lanka churches and hotels - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

There is no doubt who started this.

In 622 the Muslims started it with the Arab Pagans, launching a campaign of murderer, theft and terror.
In 627 the Muslims started it with the Jews, genociding the Banu Qurayza.
In 632 the Muslims started it with the Christians of Yemen.
In 633 the Muslims started it with the Zoroastrians.
In the ensuing centuries they started it with Black Africans, Hindus and Buddhists.

The question is not who started it, the question is who is going to finish it. Who is going to put an end to this 1400 year reign of murder, rape, theft and terror?
Ter wrote:They were not targeted more specifically than anyone else in those five star hotels.

Is everyone very sure about that? He is the largest private landowner in Scotland *raises brow*
ness31 wrote:Is everyone very sure about that? He is the largest private landowner in Scotland *raises brow*

You are in conspiracy theory territory here.
So, to follow your suspicion, the 300 + other dead and 500 + wounded were just collateral damage ?
The vast Scottish lands and estates he purchased with money made off the back of poor garment labourers in Third World countries will revert to his wife and surviving child.
When Breivik targeted those children at Utoya he took out future leaders. Targeting certain people is not conspiracy stuff, it’s what fighters do when attempting to change the course of the future...or the present...I’d even say past but the internet might go into meltdown :hmm:

But ok, let’s go with the payback narrative. Keep it nice and simple.
ness31 wrote:When Breivik targeted those children at Utoya he took out future leaders. Targeting certain people is not conspiracy stuff, it’s what fighters do when attempting to change the course of the future...or the present...I’d even say past but the internet might go into meltdown :hmm:

But ok, let’s go with the payback narrative. Keep it nice and simple.

They did target groups of people : Christians and tourists.
But nobody in particular.
Sri Lanka - Islam is escalating its assault on Christianity

Julie Mora
Published on Apr 21, 2019

Sri Lanka is a majority Buddhist state, and this large scale coordinated attack against the minority Christians by the other minority made up of Muslims is alarming and should shake all of the Western world.
Ter wrote:They did target groups of people : Christians and tourists.
But nobody in particular.

Ok. 3 of the 4 children, of the 304th richest person in the world were killed...lol total coincidence..no biggie https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -highlands
ness31 wrote:
Ok. 3 of the 4 children, of the 304th richest person in the world were killed...lol total coincidence..no biggie https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -highlands
I think you are just trolling now. You have no argument to show that the Danish children were specifically targeted.
By the way a 2nd degree grand child of the Bangladeshi prime minister also died in the hotel, 8 years old. Part of the conspiracy?
It isn’t trolling when you don’t follow the crowd and buy into an official story. I’m not saying 9/11 was an inside job ffs let’s get some perspective shall we? :roll:

We live in a sophisticated world and there’s a lot of assumptions when crimes are committed and not much delving. Not much scratching beneath the surface.

Regarding 8 year old Zayan Chowdhary, I don’t have an opinion ..maybe he was a target? I don’t know enough about Bangladeshi politics or how family lineage works...
I’m proper miffed now.

Since when are plots against wealthy people the stuff of conspiracy? Am I living in an alternate universe? In the good old days when bombs went off, we used to ask who and why they may have been targeted. We didn’t just lump everyone together, role out a photo of men dressed in black holding up their index finger and put it down to this concept of “terror”.

Lazy thinking allows bad people to get away with an awful lot. End Rant.
ness31 wrote:I’m proper miffed now.

Since when are plots against wealthy people the stuff of conspiracy? Am I living in an alternate universe? In the good old days when bombs went off, we used to ask who and why they may have been targeted. We didn’t just lump everyone together, role out a photo of men dressed in black holding up their index finger and put it down to this concept of “terror”.

Lazy thinking allows bad people to get away with an awful lot. End Rant.

There was no plot against specific people.
Just for argument's sake: let's assume they were out to murder those kids of the Danish billionaire.
Why in sweet jezus' name would they use eight suicide bombers in six or more venues to attain their objective ?
It just doesn't make any sense and it saddens me that you think such absurd thoughts.
Of course it doesn’t make any sense. I’m well aware. You think I enjoy looking absurd? :|

The aspect of it being suicide bombing just detracts from any possibility that there may have been specific targets.
No, ness31, the aspect of 8 or so separate attacks, thus vastly increasing the chances of the conspiracy being discovered, is what discounts the possibility that the children of one rich man were a specific target. What criminal would do all that? What motive are you giving the criminals - some form of blackmail of this rich man? 3 police officers died trying to capture some of the Muslim group, so it's clear that the Muslim group was involved. How do you connect a Sri Lankan Muslim group specifically to a Danish clothing retailer who has environmental plans in Scotland?

They targeted Christians, and the well-off - which would include many westerners in Colombo. It's not surprising that the top hotels had some very rich people staying at them. There were also a Sri Lankan celebrity chef, 7 Indian political party workers, and a fire fighter from the UK decorated for his work after an IRA bomb. Plus hundreds of Sri Lankans with varying lives.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:No, ness31, the aspect of 8 or so separate attacks, thus vastly increasing the chances of the conspiracy being discovered, is what discounts the possibility that the children of one rich man were a specific target. What criminal would do all that? What motive are you giving the criminals - some form of blackmail of this rich man? 3 police officers died trying to capture some of the Muslim group, so it's clear that the Muslim group was involved. How do you connect a Sri Lankan Muslim group specifically to a Danish clothing retailer who has environmental plans in Scotland?

They targeted Christians, and the well-off - which would include many westerners in Colombo. It's not surprising that the top hotels had some very rich people staying at them. There were also a Sri Lankan celebrity chef, 7 Indian political party workers, and a fire fighter from the UK decorated for his work after an IRA bomb. Plus hundreds of Sri Lankans with varying lives.

So a functional terror attack and the targeting of specific people in said attack are mutually exclusive? I guess that old adage “killing two birds with a stone” is redundant. Silly me.

The motive is to change history. That has surely happened in varying ways with this attack, but in a very specific sense for the billionaire and his children and the footprint they could leave on a global stage.

I can see how uncomfortable it would make everything if the billionaires children were targets though. That kind of intelligence gathering for a rag tag bunch of unheard ofs just wouldn’t fly.
ness31 wrote:So a functional terror attack and the targeting of specific people in said attack are mutually exclusive?

Yeah, pretty much. There's too much chance of a fuck-up.

in a very specific sense for the billionaire and his children and the footprint they could leave on a global stage

No, not really. Let's face it, hardly any of us had heard of him before. He may be rich, but he's not famous. He's now got a personal tragedy, but no-one has the faintest idea if the children would have been notable in any way. Probably not, by the law of averages. There are thousands of children of rich people around the world, and few amount to anything. A few are interchangeable tabloid fodder.

It's not a question of being "uncomfortable", it's just that fixating on those children is a distraction from the actual story, politics and situation.

No, it's not that he "may" have partici[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]