Trudeau's 'genocide' comment sparks international probe - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

It seems we have been deceived. Canada is apparently not a country that respects human rights. Rather, it has been committing the most henious crime imaginable.

Trudeau's 'genocide' comment sparks international probe

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wipes his eyes during the closing ceremony of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, on June 3, 2019.

Genocide.

That’s what the Prime Minister of Canada says Canada is guilty of — the crime of crimes.

That’s what the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal called it, too, when passing judgment on Jean Kambanda, who oversaw the slaughter of more than 800,000 Tutsi and Hutu civilians in Rwanda in the Spring and Summer of 1994: “the crime of crimes.” Said the tribunal: “Genocide constitutes the crime of crimes, which must be taken into account when deciding the sentence.” Kambanda, like Justin Trudeau, was a prime minister. Like Justin Trudeau, too, he admitted he had facilitated genocide. Unlike Justin Trudeau, Kambanda is now serving a life sentence.

In this file photo taken July 18, 1994, Rwandan refugees pass by the corpses of over hundred compatriots who were trampled in the then eastern Zairean border town of Goma on July 17 while fleeing from the ultimate Rwandan Patriotic Front offensive on the northwestern town of Gisenyi, Rwanda.

Trudeau, however, has imposed a political sentence — on himself. On Tuesday, in Vancouver, he talked about the report released by the National Inquiry into Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls. “It was genocide,” Trudeau said. On Wednesday, one day after the Canadian Prime Minister said Canada had committed genocide against thousands of Indigenous women and girls, the Organization of American States announced it expected Canada to cooperate with its investigation. Justin Trudeau is now the first Canadian Prime Minister to be investigated for state-sponsored mass murder by an international body in which Canada is a member state. During a federal election. That, too, is a first.

In a letter sent to Canada’s government, the Secretary-General of the OAS wrote: “The mere presumption of the crime of genocide against Indigenous women and girls in your country should not and cannot leave any room for indifference from the perspective of the Inter-American community and the international community. Given that your country has always sided with scrutiny and international investigation in situations where human rights are violated in different countries, I am expecting to receive a favourable response to this request.”

It didn’t matter, at that point, that various eminent Canadians had said Trudeau had been wrong to say his government, and all of his predecessors’ governments, committed genocide. Former Liberal minister of justice Irwin Cotler was one. Said Cotler: “If we say everything is a genocide, then nothing is a genocide.” Retired general Romeo Dallaire, who commanded the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda when Jean Kambanda was facilitating genocide there, was another. Dallaire, a former Liberal Senator, sounded angry at Trudeau. “I’m not comfortable with that,” he said. “My definition of genocide (is) a deliberate act of a government to exterminate, deliberately and by force and directly, an ethnicity or a group of human beings. And that meant actually going and slaughtering people.” That’s how most other experts define genocide, too. State-led, state-sponsored, state-sanctioned mass murder of citizens belonging to a particular race or religion or ethnic group.

On the day the inquiry issued its damning report in Ottawa, calling the murder of thousands of Indigenous women and girls genocide, Trudeau declined to go along. He wouldn’t call it genocide. By the time he got to Vancouver, however, Trudeau had changed his tune. “It was genocide,” he said. At that point, the OAS — and, possibly, the International Criminal Court, and other such bodies — had no choice but to act. And Canada, having called for investigations into other nations over the years, has no choice but to cooperate. Its Prime Minister had admitted to the crime before an investigation had even begun.

Was it the ethical thing to do? Was it morally right? Was it the biggest self-inflicted political wound in Canadian history? None of that matters. Genocide is the crime of crimes. And the defendant, Justin Trudeau, says he is guilty of it.

Of course, it's laughable to suggest that Trudeau actually believes that genocide has been taking place since he clearly does not expect to be held accountable for it. Neither he nor anybody else in his government will go to prison for having committed the worst crime on the books. This is just the latest, and most egregious, progressive concept creep and demonstrates that they are happy to sacrify anything on the altar of virtue signalling.
There are actually dozens of missing Indigenous women in Canada in the last few decades. If you add murdered Indigenous women, the grand total is just over 300 since the 1960s.

CBC News has looked into 34 cases across Canada which involve the death or disappearance of Indigenous women, but which authorities say were not due to foul play.

In every case, families of the women say they do not accept the findings of police. They suggest murder may be involved.

CBC News found evidence in many of the cases that points to suspicious circumstances, unexplained bruises and other factors that suggest further investigation is warranted.

Many advocates for missing and murdered Indigenous women say these are exactly the kinds of cases requiring further scrutiny in a national inquiry.

We have created a profile for each person. You can view each one by choosing the profile in the bar above.

This project is part of CBC's ongoing investigation into missing and murdered Indigenous women. We continue to expand our database of all unsolved cases. To search more than 250 of those cases, use the Case Explorer below.

https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 09 Jun 2019 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
:lol: Did you bother to read the article? Do you know to what he's referring to?

Here, read this:

Trudeau was responding to an official inquiry report issued Monday after interviews with 2,380 family members and experts that said the problem was so serious it amounts to a “genocide.”

“Time and again, we have heard of their disappearance, violence, or even death being labelled low priority or ignored,” Trudeau said. “It is absolutely unacceptable. And it must end.”

A Royal Canadian Mounted Police report before the inquiry was formed found that while indigenous women represent about 4.3 percent of the total female population, they account for 16 percent of all female homicide victims. That study reviewed cases from 1980 to 2013 and found 1,181 First Natons women fell into the missing or murdered category — almost double earlier estimates. Of those women, 164 were missing and 1,017 murdered.

“To the missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls of Canada, to their families, and to survivors — We have failed you” Trudeau said. “But we will fail you no longer.”

https://q13fox.com/2019/06/05/trudeau-v ... n-ignored/

That is what Kinsella was referring to. Now do you understand?
Kinsella is mocking Trudeau's exaggeration. There is no UN probe. It's click bait. It's a spun story.

Warren Kinsella wrote:At that point, the OAS — and, possibly, the International Criminal Court, and other such bodies — had no choice but to act. And Canada, having called for investigations into other nations over the years, has no choice but to cooperate. Its Prime Minister had admitted to the crime before an investigation had even begun.
Opinion. Not based in fact, as no one is investigating anything. It's bullshit.

Trudeau said CANADA was guilty of it, not him, personally.

Trudeau is not "virtue signalling" but giving an over-due apology(from the government of Canada), that Canadians, particularly the indigenous people, are deserving of. Due in part because of lack of action and negligence.
Godstud wrote:Kinsella is mocking Trudeau's exaggeration. There is no UN probe. It's click bait. It's a spun story.

Trudeau said he accepts the conclusion of the report and the conclusion is that Canada has been committing genocide and does so to this day.

Godstud wrote:Opinion. Not based in fact, as no one is investigating anything. It's bullshit.

Here's the OAS reacting:

As for the UN/ICJ, if there has been a genocide they surely should summon the people responsible, wouldn't you agree? And if Trudeau really accepts the conclusion of the report, he ought to be one of them.

However, as I said, Trudeau is quite obviously not serious at all and doesn't expect to be held accountable which is why I called this frivolous use of the word 'genocide' the latest round of virtue signalling.

Here's another piece which is hopefully more palatable to you:
CBC wrote:But Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's acceptance of the MMIWG report's conclusion — "we accept the finding that this was genocide," he said Tuesday — has broader implications than just making a point.

To a certain degree it is ambiguous, hinging on what Trudeau's definition of "was" is. Does "was" mean "in the past, but no longer"? Or is Trudeau referring to all of the past and current conditions chronicled in the report when he says "this was genocide"? Either way, if the prime minister accepts that genocide was or is happening in Canada, shouldn't he say where and when, so that those responsible can be held accountable?

Genocide is a legal term — a crime — which, according to the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, shall be tried "by a competent tribunal of the State in the territory of which the act was committed." Countries that have ratified the genocide convention, which include Canada, are obliged to both prevent and punish the perpetrators of genocide.

This means that if Trudeau is serious when he says "this was genocide," legal proceedings will be forthcoming (the implications of which, needless to say, would be enormous). If they are not, which is the infinitely more likely course, Trudeau sends a message about how serious he is when he calls the treatment of Indigenous Peoples "genocide." This is the quagmire in which the prime minister now finds himself.

Godstud wrote:Trudeau said CANADA was guilty of it, not him, personally.

He's the PM of Canada.
Rancid wrote:Toronto has sun? :?:

The sun has set. Canada admits to genocide without punishing the perpetrators.

From a purely pragmatic perspective, this is also the height of stupidity in terms of the ammunition it gives to Canada's opponents and its international standing and reputation. Why should any country listen to Trudeau's criticism of human rights abuses? They can immediately shoot back with charges of genocide having recently occurred in Canada, including under Trudeau's premiership.

I suspect the UN and other international bodies are rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at the bumbling idiot Trudeau.

Edit: I think the video in the second tweet sums it up quite nicely:
I was confused by the use of the word genocide. Unless...and I cannot conceive this situation tbh..unless there was a conspiracy to murder and seize indigenous women? Or knowing that indigenous women were being murdered and seized for a certain purpose and turning a blind eye.

Which is it?
The actual problem is a very high murder rate in indigenous communities in Canada and according to official figures the majority of the perpetrators who murder indigenous women are indigenous men. The claim seems to be something along the lines of Canada not doing enough to reduce the murder rate.

Not sure, but a similar problem with the indigenous population might also exist in Australia?

Note also that the report only refers to female victims, although usually the majority of murder victims is men. I would be very surprised if that isn't the case here too. The whole thing is intersectionality and post-colonial theory on steroids gone mainstream.

On a more lighthearted note, I would actually pay money to see Trudeau at The Hague for this. :lol:
Well he didn’t use the word genocide. So I wouldn’t be pulling him up for the simple fact he didn’t malappropriate a word :hmm:

I can’t give stats on indigenous deaths in Australia. Life expectancy is still much lower, so if we wanted to be hardcore we could call that genocide. Not appropriate in my opinion as it isn’t for a want of trying and it diminishes the actual genocide that happened during settlement.

I would say anecdotally, the most violence is ‘in house’, but nasty shit still happens in custody...and let’s not forget incarceration rates. ..“advance Australia fair” *blows party pipe and waves union jack*
ness31 wrote:I was confused by the use of the word genocide. Unless...and I cannot conceive this situation tbh..unless there was a conspiracy to murder and seize indigenous women? Or knowing that indigenous women were being murdered and seized for a certain purpose and turning a blind eye.

Which is it?

The second.

Over the last few decades hundreds, perhaps thousands, of indigenous women have turned up murdered or have simply disappeared.

Until Trudeau’s current administration, absolutely nothing was done about it, despite outcry by many communities.

I would also point out that Trudeau’s current administration has done nothing except get some commission to ascertain that the problem is real.

The idea that Canada has been committing genocide is not new, nor is this the first time the word has been used. It will probably be ignored like the last few times.

More importantly, the findings of this commission will also be ignored like the last few times; i.e. the TRC report and the RCAP.

If you really want to look at how the word was used and why in the report itself, here is relevant part of the Wikipedia article:

The truths shared in these National Inquiry hearings tell the story – or, more accurately, thousands of stories – of acts of genocide against Indigenous women, girls, and 2SLGBTQQIA people.

— Reclaiming Power and Place: The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls. June 3, 2019. page 50.
    According to a May 31, 2019 CBC News article, the National Inquiry commissioners said in the report and publicly that the epidemic is "a Canadian genocide".[8][9]

The chief commissioner, Marion Buller, said there is an ongoing "deliberate, race, identity and gender-based genocide."[72]

The MMIWG inquiry report cited the work of Raphael Lemkin (1900-1959), who coined the term "genocide".[73] Lemkin had explained that genocide does not exclusively mean the "immediate destruction of a nation" but signifies "a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves."[74][22]:50-1 According to a Global News article, Canada's 2000 Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act "offers a broader definition, saying genocide can encompass not only acts of commission, but 'omission' as well."[74]

A supplemental report of the "Canadian genocide of Indigenous Peoples according to the legal definition of "genocide,"" was announced in Reclaiming Power and Place by the National Inquiry because of its gravity.[22]

On June 3, 2019 Luis Almagro, Organization of American States (OAS) secretary-general asked to Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland to support the creation of an independent probe into the MMIWG allegation of Canadian 'genocide' since Canada had previously supported "probes of atrocities in other countries" such as Nicaragua in 2018.[75]

On June 4, in Vancouver, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said that, "Earlier this morning, the national inquiry formally presented their final report, in which they found that the tragic violence that Indigenous women and girls have experienced amounts to genocide."[74]

In summary, Canada is guilty of "a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves" primarily through omission of services.
*sigh*

What in God’s name are “two spirit people”? :?:

@Kaiserschmarrn I wasn’t aware he had changed his personal view. Up until a couple days ago he hadn’t personally called it genocide. I don’t suppose their is a clip of him saying it?

@Pants-of-dog

Your view makes me very sad. What kind of arrogant ignorance wants to destroy the voice of nature? Are you sure it’s a “coordinated plan”? Who is behind it?
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:The actual problem is a very high murder rate in indigenous communities in Canada and according to official figures the majority of the perpetrators who murder indigenous women are indigenous men. The claim seems to be something along the lines of Canada not doing enough to reduce the murder rate.

That this amounts to "genocide" is an absolute joke. The nutters in charge of the government inquiry he ordered concluded this was genocide, so virtue-signalling moron Trudeau had not much choice but to accept their conclusions, or else some other "progressive" virtue-signalling morons would call him a colonial misogynist or some such BS

Many indigenous in Canada are poor and poorly educated because they don't want to live in the cities, they want to continue to live on rural reserves in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere where there's no jobs or good schooling. So you have a bunch of broke uneducated riff-raff who drink and steal and fight and rape and murder more than the average Canadian and apparently it's genocide. :?:

Note also that the report only refers to female victims, although usually the majority of murder victims is men. I would be very surprised if that isn't the case here too. The whole thing is intersectionality and post-colonial theory on steroids gone mainstream.

70% of indigenous murder victims are male. But nobody cares about them apparently.
ness31 wrote:*sigh* What in God’s name are “two spirit people”? :?:

It's an umbrella term for Native American transgender people. They often had special roles within their tribes long before the west became enarmoured with all things transgender.

ness31 wrote:@Kaiserschmarrn I wasn’t aware he had changed his personal view. Up until a couple days ago he hadn’t personally called it genocide. I don’t suppose their is a clip of him saying it?

Here's a video. You are right that he initially refrained from using the word.
hm, he says “we accept the findings”. To me that says he’s representing his party, as he ought to. What difference does it make? Each of us must abide by our conscience.

I’d prefer it be called a conspiracy or something similar. Genocide is a loaded term and then everyone ends up debating the word and forgetting about the issue.

So, which group is to be held accountable for the ongoing and covert decimation of indigenous Canadians?

https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/177337636136248[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]