President enlists the aid of foreign governments in re-election campaign. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The statements of President of the United States of America Donald Trump are on the record. He has said, in essence, that he would accept information on his political opponents if it were supplied to him by foreign governments.

That's all well and good. It does leave a small question remaining, though. President Donald Trump defines himself as, among other things, a deal-maker. What sort of deals would he make with foreign governments for such information?
Comparing with China, who is always paranoid and thinks the foreign forces do no good other than to undermine it, Trump is the 180-degree opposite.

Of course, it's debatable whether Trump is doing it for the good or not.
Trump does only things that get him attention. He does nothing for others, unless there is something in it for him.

President Trump Said He Would Take Foreign Campaign Help. Here's What Past Candidates Did in That Situation
https://time.com/5606621/trump-foreign- ... n-history/
Godstud wrote:Trump does only things that get him attention. He does nothing for others, unless there is something in it for him.

President Trump Said He Would Take Foreign Campaign Help. Here's What Past Candidates Did in That Situation
https://time.com/5606621/trump-foreign- ... n-history/

I am not that idealistic either. I don't believe in anybody going anything for the greater good for the most time. I support somebody just as long as that person's action suits my principles or whatever I believe should happen.
Patrickov wrote:I am not that idealistic either. I don't believe in anybody going anything for the greater good for the most time. I support somebody just as long as that person's action suits my principles or whatever I believe should happen.

Position, n. An ideological point on the political map. To take a position is to plant both feet firmly on an undefined location. The basic map coordinates are ego and the other one.

A politician, one fine day
Said, with a lofty air:
'I'm standing on my principles.
I'm sure you'll find them fair.'

And then he turned and walked away.
I checked the floor with care;
Examined where he just had stood,
But there was nothing there.

[A Modern Dictionary, Fragmentary Press, 2016, Chelm, IA]
YIKES ! :eek:

I just cant believe anyone would bother to answer this riddiculous convulted vague fearmongering b.s. of the OP.

How can you people manage to sleep at night if even such a farfetched theoretical remote possibility of no substantial consequence has any merit for you ? :?:

This is a thread about absolutely nothing.
Negotiator wrote:YIKES ! :eek:

I just cant believe anyone would bother to answer this riddiculous convulted vague fearmongering b.s. of the OP.

How can you people manage to sleep at night if even such a farfetched theoretical remote possibility of no substantial consequence has any merit for you? :?:

This is a thread about absolutely nothing.

I am afraid I have difficulty understanding the highlighted sentence. Can you rephrase it and make it less convoluted? Throwing in tedious words just to show how annoyed you feel about the OP is simply tedious.
Torus34 wrote:The statements of President of the United States of America Donald Trump are on the record. He has said, in essence, that he would accept information on his political opponents if it were supplied to him by foreign governments.

That's all well and good. It does leave a small question remaining, though. President Donald Trump defines himself as, among other things, a deal-maker. What sort of deals would he make with foreign governments for such information?

This is misleading, at best, and a lie at worst. He actually said he would listen if offered information from a foreign government, like Norway, and only call the FBI, if it was nefarious. He never even implied he would make a deal for the information.
Hindsite wrote:This is misleading, at best, and a lie at worst. He actually said he would listen if offered information from a foreign government, like Norway, and only call the FBI, if it was nefarious. He never even implied he would make a deal for the information.

A lie? I considered it a conjecture. On the topic at hand, President of the United States of America has said several things at various times, some of it conflicting. Trying to winkle truth out of the verbiage is not a simple process.

Regards.
Finfinder wrote:Trump trolled media by answering a hypothetical question.

After hearing the interview, I think we have indeed taken things too seriously. Even suggesting Trump trolling us is a stretch.

I think Hindsite's interpretation seems to be the most appropriate.
Patrickov wrote:After hearing the interview, I think we have indeed taken things too seriously. Even suggesting Trump trolling us is a stretch.

I think Hindsite's interpretation seems to be the most appropriate.

An interview with Stephanopoulos is like a interview from the DNC and the Clinton campaign,everybody know this. Think about it. The Mueller report is clear, no collusion no obstruction of justice, yet look at Stephanopoulos's line of questioning, when he knows Hillary Clinton paid for the Steel dossier. Trump knows George is on he Clinton payroll and a mouthpiece for the DNC. This is why its obvious it was a troll. Trump answering a hypothetical question knowing that the DNC and Clintons actually worked with the Russians and obstructed justice is fact. They are no longer the Democratic party they are the Projectionist party.
Finfinder wrote:The Mueller report is clear, no collusion no obstruction of justice, ... .

A minor point, perhaps, but one worth noting. On page 2 of the Mueller report it's noted that collusion was not investigated. Repeat: collusion was not investigated by the Mueller folks. It is so stated on page 2 of the report. The word 'tautology' applies to the quoted claim.
Torus34 wrote:A minor point, perhaps, but one worth noting. On page 2 of the Mueller report it's noted that collusion was not investigated. Repeat: collusion was not investigated by the Mueller folks. It is so stated on page 2 of the report. The word 'tautology' applies to the quoted claim.

I don't know if that is on the report or not but at face value that is simply not true.
Trump is nothing more than a traitor. His oath and loyalty is to the United States and not to foreign governments. He's an American citizen and he took an oath of office as President. But again, this is the face of fascism here in America. I guarantee you those foreign governments have ZERO respect for Trump. Nobody respects a traitor. Those foreign governments know he is a traitor.
Politics_Observer wrote:Trump is nothing more than a traitor. His oath and loyalty is to the United States and not to foreign governments. He's an American citizen and he took an oath of office as President. But again, this is the face of fascism here in America. I guarantee you those foreign governments have ZERO respect for Trump. Nobody respects a traitor. Those foreign governments know he is a traitor.

Nonsense, here is a 233 page thread here on POFO that does not present one single piece of evidence to confirm your claim. Please reference.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=169043

Torus34 wrote:I see no reason to defend a readily-verifiable fact.

Regards.

There is no reason for you to defend words out of context. To say that collusion was not investigated in the Mueller report is delusional especially if you are informed on this subject. Has nothing to do with defending a specific person, rather its stating an obvious fact.
I think this is one of the best examples yet of how the "left is not actually trying to win." Their entire case against Trump relies upon the participation of foreign governments and no matter how many times this is pointed out, they can't stop attacking Trump over a statement he made about a hypothetical. TDS is a mental illness. Trump should keep on saying this, over and over again.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]