Iranian Situation... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Nonsense
noemon wrote:Not when you 're bombing them.

Of course not, but war is a failure of diplomacy, so, the 'alternative' to war when dealing with a country which ignores the agreements is one that involves stronger methods of persuasion that fall short of war & the economy is the Achillies heel of most countries.

noemon wrote:So why kill and terrorise all those wonderful people?

Agreed, the reality though, is that few countries truly consider their wider responsibilities under international law, when war is waged, least of all, quasi-democratic or militaristic regimes.

I think,if you believe him(or the 'propaganda'), that TRUMP demonstrated, for convenience, that any reaction to external agression has to be proportionate, maybe he is just banking what happened & will impose a payback cost later.

noemon wrote:This is a country under constant military, political, economic and diplomatic siege. And one has to ask oneself? Why is that? Usually one would blame the country they are accusing of being hostile by pointing out that country's disregard for agreements made and for snubbing diplomacy, but that is not the Iranian government now is it? :hmm:

I don't blame Iran for pulling the tail of the tiger in attempting to change the outcome of the sanctions imposed on it because TRUMP decided to change the rules to suit himself, did he think Iran would just rollover?

If he did, he is sillier than he thinks he is, however, what Iran is doing is not just between itself & America(read TRUMP)as it is physically attacking other countries assets not directly involved in it's dispute.
By Beren
Pants-of-dog wrote:A better and more relevant map would be one where US and Iranian military forces are shown.

Here's a more relevant map for you, although not the one you wanted.

Last edited by Beren on 22 Jun 2019 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
No, but the history from centuries ago that no longer affects the present is irrelevant when looking at contemporary causes of war.

There is no indication that the Persian Empire is about to come back, and formulating defense policy on that idea is weird.

If we are going to look at empire building as a cause of war, we should look at how US and Iranian forces are deployed.
By Beren
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, but the history from centuries ago that no longer affects the present is irrelevant when looking at contemporary causes of war.

There is no indication that the Persian Empire is about to come back

History from centuries ago may help you see that this is just an ordinary Western-Persian/Iranian imperialistic conflict, and I'm sure the Persians/Iranians never forget their own ancient history and glory. You may be right though that this is not exactly strictly on-topic here in a news thread, but blatantly declaring it irrelevant is a stretch.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If we are going to look at empire building as a cause of war, we should look at how US and Iranian forces are deployed.

Let you post such a map then and let's pretend we've never seen it. Let's also pretend Iran is just a victim and has no imperialistic intentions in the Middle East.
By Saeko
Political Interest wrote:I am a Western citizen and I am not understanding what is the problem with Iran.

What threat are they to us?

Same. Trump was right to call off the attack. Now is not the time for reckless escalation.
By Beren
Saeko wrote:Same. Trump was right to call off the attack. Now is not the time for reckless escalation.

This whole story of calling off an attack 10 minutes before the strikes actually happen must be a mission impossible action movie fairy tale with the president changing his mind in the very last moment at the end.
By Saeko
Beren wrote:This whole story of calling off an attack 10 minutes before the strikes actually happen must be a mission impossible action movie fairy tale with the president changing his mind in the very last moment at the end.

Indeed. It sounds exactly like something Trump would do.
Beren wrote:History from centuries ago may help you see that this is just an ordinary Western-Persian/Iranian imperialistic conflict, and I'm sure the Persians/Iranians never forget their own ancient history and glory. You may be right though that this is not exactly strictly on-topic here in a news thread, but blatantly declaring it irrelevant is a stretch.

Again, the complete lack of evidence for a Persian empire resurgence makes me think this has nothing to do with a “Western-Persian/Iranian imperialistic conflict”.

Thus, it seems irrelevant l

Let you post such a map then and let's pretend we've never seen it. Let's also pretend Iran is just a victim and has no imperialistic intentions in the Middle East.

If you have evidence for Iranian imperialist intent, please provide it.
By Beren
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you have evidence for Iranian imperialist intent, please provide it.

I've already provided historic evidence of Iranian imperialist intent, for more ask Mossad or someone else on PoFo, please.

Iran is not like Cuba or Venezuela, unlike them it has a massive imperialist past besides being a victim of Western imperialism. Iran is the biggest and one of the most influential states in the Middle East, I wonder if they just mean to be defensive all the time.
Beren wrote:Iran is not like Cuba or Venezuela, unlike them it has a massive imperialist past besides being a victim of Western imperialism. Iran is the biggest and one of the most influential states in the Middle East, I wonder if they just mean to be defensive all the time.

But which imperialism? They can't put soldiers in Europe or occupy any European countries.

They are only anti-Western because they have terribe relations with Western powers. If relations are normalised and we work towards a good multilateral relationship we would have no problems with Iran. So called "Western interests" are just the interests of the energy companies.
Iran is the biggest and one of the most influential states in the Middle East, I wonder if they just mean to be defensive all the time.

They had Syria before the war there but now they got to share it with Russia
Lebanon is partly theirs (they got their thugs there with the big guns so none can do anything against it)
Iraq is also partly theirs along with Yemen

BTW there are wars all over those countries where Iran is meddling except Lebanon which is quite (for now)

Iran is a very imperialist country just its just not that obvious for some people who dont really want to see that side of them
Beren wrote:I've already provided historic evidence of Iranian imperialist intent, for more ask Mossad or someone else on PoFo, please.

Iran is not like Cuba or Venezuela, unlike them it has a massive imperialist past besides being a victim of Western imperialism. Iran is the biggest and one of the most influential states in the Middle East, I wonder if they just mean to be defensive all the time.

So, no evidence.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:They had Syria before the war there but now they got to share it with Russia
Lebanon is partly theirs (they got their thugs there with the big guns so none can do anything against it)
Iraq is also partly theirs along with Yemen

BTW there are wars all over those countries where Iran is meddling except Lebanon which is quite (for now)

Iran is a very imperialist country just its just not that obvious for some people who dont really want to see that side of them

So why should Europeans care if they are imperialist?

It's going to be a long time before Iranian military is occupying Europe.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]