Iranian Situation... - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Political Interest wrote:So why should Europeans care if they are imperialist?

It's going to be a long time before Iranian military is occupying Europe.

arent Europeans against imperialism?

none is expecting Europe to do anything beside imposing sanctions
If your only evidence is a map of the Persian empire, and we already agreed that the Persian Empire’s legacy no longer affects the present, then you have no evidence.
By Beren
Pants-of-dog wrote:If your only evidence is a map of the Persian empire, and we already agreed that the Persian Empire’s legacy no longer affects the present, then you have no evidence.

I didn't agree that the Persian Empire’s legacy no longer affects the present, I'm sure it does, however, it may not be strictly on-topic in this news thread. I also didn't mean to prove anything, I just meant to put the situation into historic perspective, which I think I've done so far. And the last thing I'd ever want to do is to prove you or convince you of anything while you always act like devil's advocate in a court room.
The whole issue comes down to if the Drone was shot down over international or Iranian airspace, which the US and Iran seem to disagree over, and where each claim it was shot down is very close to the border. Iran could be lying as usual, or maybe honestly thinks it was in their territory. No reason to start a war over, but the US could impose more sanctions or whatnot.
By Beren
Unthinking Majority wrote:The whole issue comes down to if the Drone was shot down over international or Iranian airspace, which the US and Iran seem to disagree over, and where each claim it was shot down is very close to the border. Iran could be lying as usual, or maybe honestly thinks it was in their territory. No reason to start a war over, but the US could impose more sanctions or whatnot.

I'm sure the Americans have intensified their patrolling activities, including drone patrols, in the region, over the waters especially, and the Iranians won't hesitate to shoot down their drones in cases when it can be justified.
By Suntzu
Beren wrote:I'm sure the Americans have intensified their patrolling activities, including drone patrols, in the region, over the waters especially, and the Iranians won't hesitate to shoot down their drones in cases when it can be justified.

You can rest assured that as soon as they fire up a radar it will be gone. :D
By Beren
Suntzu wrote:You can rest assured that as soon as they fire up a radar it will be gone. :D

Now we can see at least how aircraft carriers are still not obsolete.
By BigSteve
Rancid wrote:Let it's neighbors deal with it.

And once they start threatening/targeting us?

They've already shot down a drone. They targeted a military plane with 38 souls on board. Do we wait until they pull the trigger before acting to stop them?
BigSteve wrote:And once they start threatening/targeting us?

They've already shot down a drone. They targeted a military plane with 38 souls on board. Do we wait until they pull the trigger before acting to stop them?

That's usually how it goes with the United States throughout our history. The ''Remember the Maine!'', ''Remember the Lusitania!'', Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, etc...
By Beren
BigSteve wrote:And once they start threatening/targeting us?

Do you believe they shut down that drone on their own using their own technology?
By Beren
Suntzu wrote:Yeah, against a 3rd World country like Iran. :roll:

The point is that if you need naval superiority to secure maritime trade routes, then you still need aircraft carriers.

However, they could be completely useless in a full-scale global nuclear Armageddon indeed. :lol:
More Trump grandstanding, is all this is.

USA broke the deal it had with Iran. The USA is untrustworthy in international affairs, at this time, because of Trump. All the other nations recognize this, and are acting appropriately.

Iran didn't do anything. This is another American false flag situation, to create tension in the region, in order to further their goals.

JohnRawls wrote:I just had a wonderful thought experiment: Imagine you were caught spying on your neighbour's hot daughter and the neighbour trashes your spy camera. Do you or do you not bomb him killing half of his family?
:|
By Rancid
I'm pretty sure the whole "Trump called off the military" thing is bullshit. It's just misinformation the white house is trying to send out to keep Iran on edge. Let's be real, Trump would go all the way through with a military strike if it were all up to him, because well... he's an asshole.
By Beren
Rancid wrote:I'm pretty sure the whole "Trump called off the military" thing is bullshit. It's just misinformation the white house is trying to send out to keep Iran on edge. Let's be real, Trump would go all the way through with a military strike if it were all up to him, because well... he's an asshole.

It's not just keeping Iran on edge, many Americans believe it warrants a response. However, Trump seems to suggest he'd asked the military for something too big and changed his mind just in time to call off the whole thing. :lol:
By Hindsite
Beren wrote:I'm sure the Americans have intensified their patrolling activities, including drone patrols, in the region, over the waters especially, and the Iranians won't hesitate to shoot down their drones in cases when it can be justified.

I am sure President Trump wants to make a deal with Iran and will make sure the military do not use a big million dollar drone, that is easy to shoot down, to patrol the region any time soon. Trump is a genius and his head fake to Iran of calling for a military attack on an Iranian target and then calling it off at the last minute is like a boxer faking a jab.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/u[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]