Nike, Kaepernick and Arizona... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15015705
The darling douche of the left, Colin "I can't get a job" Kaepernick is at it again.

Nike was set to release some new shoes with the "Betsy Ross Flag" in time for the 4th of July.

Image

So, because it's something American, perpetual loser Colin Kaepernick tells Nike that, because the flag was made during a period of time when slavery existed, they should not release them. So, not only does he think things are bad in this country now (and they're not), he now has a problem with anything which happened during a time when something bad existed.

Kaepernick's stupidity meter just dimed out.

But, and as hard as this is to comprehend, he's far from being the only idiot here. Inexplicably, the powers-that-be at Nike have stupidly allowed this out of work, POS has-been to dictate what their multi-billion dollar corporation does. They send retailers and distributors an e-mail saying that the shoes need to be sent back but, of course, once that word gets out, pairs of these shoes start disappearing.

I've not been able to confirm it, but one report I heard said there was a pair of these up on eBay and bidding had already eclipsed $2,000.

Nike is suffering a lot of backlash over this, and rightfully so. Even the Great State of Arizona, who was negotiating a deal to bring Nike into the city of Goodyear, has stepped in. The Governor, a proud and good American named Doug Ducey, has ordered a financial incentive package for Nike to be withdrawn over Nike's decision to pull the shoes at Kaepernick's behest.

What's more mind-boggling than the fact that Kaepernick just cost Nike that incentive package is the fact that Nike allowed him to do it.

I would have to surmise that Colin Kaepernick has pretty much just guaranteed himself that he will never again play in the NFL...

Image
#15015780
Image
“No taxation without representation” - Alex Morgan, 1775

Nike picked the "Betsy Ross Flag" because it was the original independence flag. The Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July meant no harm to African Americans but it is offensive to the British, which is similar to Morgan's teacup celebration.

Morgan’s pose prompted a variety of suggestions regarding its meaning. Public opinion seemed to be balanced between the motion being a shot at England’s fondness for tea; a reference to the ease with which Morgan scored; a tribute to the Boston Tea Party; or the fact that Morgan’s goal came on her 30th birthday. Piers Morgan called it “a declaration of war”, while Hillary Clinton said “congrats to the USWNT for earning that tea”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -world-cup
#15015795
Didn't all the dipshits burning their Nikes put Nike in the poorhouse? :?:


:lol:

Kaepernick the loser?

How The NFL's Settlement With Colin Kaepernick May Have Approached $40 Million
https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/201 ... 70e6e84bfb

That's quite a loser... :roll:

BigSteve wrote: Colin "I can't get a job" Kaepernick is at it again.
:*( I hope that money is enough to sustain him for a little while.

If you think Kaepernick hurt Nike, you're really out of touch.

Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad sparked a boycott — and earned $6 billion for Nike
https://www.vox.com/2018/9/24/17895704/ ... -6-billion
#15015821
Godstud wrote:Didn't all the dipshits burning their Nikes put Nike in the poorhouse? :?:


:lol:

Kaepernick the loser?

How The NFL's Settlement With Colin Kaepernick May Have Approached $40 Million
https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/201 ... 70e6e84bfb

That's quite a loser... :roll:

:*( I hope that money is enough to sustain him for a little while.

If you think Kaepernick hurt Nike, you're really out of touch.

Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad sparked a boycott — and earned $6 billion for Nike
https://www.vox.com/2018/9/24/17895704/ ... -6-billion


So he can't be a loser because he has money? Seriously?

What a stupid position to take.

Kaepernick is a football player. That's what he does. Yet he can't do that because his own actions and his mouth have made him a pariah. No one wants him on their team. For any type of athlete that's a jagged pill to swallow. It's like telling Placido Domingo that he's no longer allowed to sing.

But the fact that it's self-induced with Kaepernick is what makes him a loser...
#15015833
I don't give a shit about Nike's overpriced shoes or these overpaid athletes but the OP's salty tears are delicious.

Well played Kappernick, well played.
#15015892
The reason why I take exception to having the U.S. flag , in any form , on such merchandize is that it could get soiled , and therefore desecrated . It is not reverence to display the stars and stripes on such items , but rather profanity . https://magazine.promomarketing.com/article/revisiting-the-u-s-flag-merchandise-debate-thanks-to-nike-colin-kaepernick-and-the-governor-of-arizona/ Ironic as it might seem , apparently Communists , such as myself , have more regard for the flag than do the reactionary chauvinists . And as an aside , it should not be forgotten that it was a socialist whom composed the pledge of allegiance in the first place . https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pledge-of-allegiance-origins_b_4497369 Image
#15015897
Actually, I believe it's against the rules to put it on bikinis and shoes.... but when has that ever stopped Americans from doing it?

The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm



Easy to forget those things when making money, right?

Kaepernick's a bigger winner than you'll ever be, @BigSteve. He's famous for doing something that right-wing crybabies got all upset over, with dignity and respect(taking a knee was never disrespectful and even Vets supported him).

The NFL was full of weak-kneed sissies, afraid of a person exercising their First Amendment rights. You've taken the anti-Constitutional position, along with the NFL. Do you think that's something to be proud of, @BigSteve? :eh:

Do you think we can further discuss this without name-calling simply because we hold differing(not stupid) views on this?
#15015941
Kaepernick's problem with that flag is that it was used during the era of slavery ...which is ironic given that Kaepernick makes tens of millions of dollars promoting a corporation that relies on slave labor. :knife:

Nike is facing a new wave of anti-sweatshop protests

Nike’s sweatshop problem is threatening a comeback

Nike is one of the business world’s shining examples of how to clean up an image: In the 1990s, the company was plagued by reports that it used sweatshops and child labor. Pressure grew until 1998, when Nike cofounder Phil Knight publicly committed to changing the company’s practices, and Nike spent the next decade doing just that.

Now, Nike’s sweatshop problem is threatening a comeback. On July 29, students and activists around the world participated in a day of protest against Nike, organized by United Students Against Sweatshops (USAS). The demonstrations, in cities such as Boston, Washington D.C., Bangalore, and San Pedro Sula in Honduras, represented an escalation of allegations against Nike that have been slowly bubbling up.
https://qz.com/1042298/nike-is-facing-a ... -protests/



Kaepernick also doesn't seem to have any qualms about his affiliation with the NFL, an organization that heavily promotes militarism and imperialism. The NFL has taken millions from the DoD and the National Guard calls the NFL its greatest recruitment vehicle.


Kaepernick isn't a courageous man of conscience, he's just another rich liberal douche doing what rich liberal douches do best: vacuous moral posturing.
#15015966
Godstud wrote:Actually, I believe it's against the rules to put it on bikinis and shoes.... but when has that ever stopped Americans from doing it?

The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm



Easy to forget those things when making money, right?


Well, see, you're wrong.

Again.

While you're correct in everything you've posted, you need to understand that all of the rules and regulations regarding flag etiquette pertain to an actual flag, not the depiction of a flag which is what Nike was doing with the Betsy Ross flag.

To this point, if you'd like to go one on one with me regarding flag etiquette and the proper display of it, I'm happy to do so. I'm rather well versed...

Kaepernick's a bigger winner than you'll ever be, @BigSteve. He's famous for doing something that right-wing crybabies got all upset over, with dignity and respect(taking a knee was never disrespectful and even Vets supported him).


He's a piece of shit and even more Vets don't support him...
#15015967
BigSteve wrote:He's a piece of shit and even more Vets don't support him...
:roll: Your opinion, ONLY.
#15015969
Godstud wrote::roll: Your opinion, ONLY.


Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation if you believe I'm the only Vet who feels that way...
Image
#15015970
Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation if you think most Vets are against the Constitution that they pledged to protect and defend.

You're in the minority.

SOLDIERS SPEAK OUT ON KAEPERNICK: His protest 'makes him more American than anyone'
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Veteran ... k&src=typd
#15015971
Godstud wrote:Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation if you think most Vets are against the Constitution that they pledged to protect and defend.

You're in the minority.

SOLDIERS SPEAK OUT ON KAEPERNICK: His protest 'makes him more American than anyone'
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Veteran ... k&src=typd


Name calling is what losers resort to when they have nothing of intelligence to offer.

I know more than a few VFW's which Kapaernick wouldn't be able to walk through without getting his ass handed to him.

We're not against the Constitution. In fact, we're perfectly fine with this particular shit stain electing to exercise his Constitutional rights. So, please, stop pretending that you're anywhere near smart enough to know what US Veterans think. You're not.

I fully support his right to protest as he sees fit. But that comes with the expectation (and rightly so) that I am perfectly within my rights to say how big a piece of shit I think he is.

Not agreeing with him does not equate to not supporting his inalienable right to be a complete dickhead.

But this thread is about the overwhelming idiocy of Nike allowing a has-been quarterback to dictate their corporate decisions...
#15015974
BigSteve wrote:Name calling is what losers resort to when they have nothing of intelligence to offer.
:roll: Yes, so why did you start it, then? Have your forgotten your post so quickly, or are you simply playing dumb? I used the exact phrasing you used, only with "asshole", instead of "fool". I guess you had "nothing of intelligence to offer"? :lol:

BigSteve wrote:So, please, stop pretending that you're anywhere near smart enough to know what US Veterans think. You're not.
You aren't, either. You having been a veteran doesn't qualify you to a more "informed" opinion. That's a logical fallacy.

BigSteve wrote:Not agreeing with him does not equate to not supporting his inalienable right to be a complete dickhead.
"taking a knee"was not a dickhead move, and you know it. It was hardly being a "dickhead", for him to protest in that manner. It was as respectful as you can protest during the Anthem. He wasn't sitting down, like so many people do.

BigSteve wrote:But this thread is about the overwhelming idiocy of Nike allowing a has-been quarterback to dictate their corporate decisions...
A QB who has made them a lot of money. That's not idiocy on the part of Nike. Your argument is pretty weak if you think that Nike's decision to choose to make money, was a bad corporate decision.
#15016001
Godstud wrote: A QB who has made them a lot of money.[/quote[

But he's not a quarterback. He's a former quarterback.

Think about it: If your assertion about his settlement is accurate (and there's no real reason to believe it is), then the NFL would rather pay this dipshit $40 million instead of having him play football. They must really not want anything to do with him.

Kaepernick is a poster child for lack of personal responsibility. He wanted to run his mouth but didn't want to accept the ramifications of doing so.

But he's a lib, so...



Oh, you have evidence to show that Nike's sales have skyrocketed since they pulled those shoes?

Their idiocy comes from allowing a has-been quarterback dictate their corporate decisions. I know you have a never-ending need to be argumentative, but anyone who sees that as a good idea is someone who should probably never try to run a business...
#15016002
BigSteve wrote:Oh, you have evidence to show that Nike's sales have skyrocketed since they pulled those shoes?
Can you prove anything to the contrary?

BigSteve wrote:Their idiocy comes from allowing a has-been quarterback dictate their corporate decisions.
Nike made the decisions, not Kaepernick. :lol: Seeing as they made $6 billion off of their last bet on Kaepernick, I guess they decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

BigSteve wrote:I know you have a never-ending need to be argumentative, but anyone who sees that as a good idea is someone who should probably never try to run a business...
Back to Ad hominems, eh? That's not an argument. Maybe if you had a decent argument, you wouldn't feel the need to constantly insult anyone who disagrees with your weak-ass arguments.

I guarantee that the business people at NIke are far better at sales and marketing than you.
#15016004
Godstud wrote:Can you prove anything to the contrary?


You've made the claim that the decision has made them money, but you've failed to support that in any way.

But let's use the Godstud method of "logic": I also can't prove that you're not a sexual predator who sells drugs to children. But, using your logic, there's no reason to conclude that you're not...

Nike made the decisions, not Kaepernick. :lol: Seeing as they made $6 billion off of their last bet on Kaepernick, I guess they decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.


What $6 billion did they make due to Kaepernick?

Back to Ad hominems, eh? That's not an argument. Maybe if you had a decent argument, you wouldn't feel the need to constantly insult anyone who disagrees with your weak-ass arguments.


Oh, I don't "need" to do anything.

But sometimes it's just too easy to ruin the arguments of the ignorant...

I guarantee that the business people at NIke are far better at sales and marketing than you.


They probably are in many respects.

But making a corporate decision based on the desires of a washed up quarterback is stupid...
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 13

The assertion that Trump obstructed Congress is l[…]

Vote For Me You Lying Racist!

Nearly any country can have single payer. Britai[…]

Somehow I doubt that is a requirement when Nunes […]

The Irishman...

How about we both agree that this has nothing to […]