Nike, Kaepernick and Arizona... - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:Because that word has historically and recently been used by white people to reinforce the longstanding tradition of anti-blackness in US history.

When black people use it, they are deliberately turning that meaning against itself and using it as a term of empowerment, which defies this long racist tradition.

I call bullshit.

How in the fuck is it a term of empowerment; to call someone what is largely considered one of the most hateful and hurtful words in the English language?

Nope, ain't buyin' it...
Drlee wrote:
The US is a very racist country. Our racial prejudice goes very deep.

It would be easy for me to explain this to him but I am not going to do it. .

Your not going to do it because you cannot easily explain it because if it is not as a dishonest post it is a very uniformed one.

Do you really expect me to pander to a racist like you? You offer no refutation to POD except to claim that his research is disputed without posting that argument in dispute. I will not play your childish game. Let me tell you what to do next. Make a post claiming that I am running away. Sorry son. The people who participate here are not buying your shit and will not until you support your racist arguments with some facts.

BS said: I call bullshit.

How in the fuck is it a term of empowerment; to call someone what is largely considered one of the most hateful and hurtful words in the English language?

Nope, ain't buyin' it...

Color me surprised. I would never expect you to waste the time educating yourself. But just in case you wanted to :lol: here is an article that will explain it to you. And only a few big words.

https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/fall-2011/straight-talk-about-the-nword
Drlee wrote:Do you really expect me to pander to a racist like you? You offer no refutation to POD except to claim that his research is disputed without posting that argument in dispute. I will not play your childish game. Let me tell you what to do next. Make a post claiming that I am running away. Sorry son. The people who participate here are not buying your shit and will not until you support your racist arguments with some facts.

Color me surprised. I would never expect you to waste the time educating yourself. But just in case you wanted to :lol: here is an article that will explain it to you. And only a few big words.

https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/fall-2011/straight-talk-about-the-nword

Your whining amuses me...
There is no one so blind as he who won't see.

Don't bother reading the link BS. It will do nothing for you. I recommend it to our thinking members though. It is an excellent article.
BigSteve wrote:I call bullshit.

Nope, ain't buyin' it...

I do not care if you are convinced or not.

I am simply explaining the facts.

This may help:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reappropriation
Looks like Finfinder is lost for an argument yet again. So he prefers an hom attacks. Pathetic. How very average.
Drlee wrote:Looks like Finfinder is lost for an argument yet again. So he prefers an hom attacks. Pathetic. How very average.

@Drlee Drlee do you ever comment on the topics or do you just stalk members make personal attacks call them racists seems to be a pattern of yours? Ive put my time in and I play well with others and punch back when I'm attacked and approached in a combative manner. If you can't take it please feel free to ignore my posts.
Finfinder wrote:Drlee do you ever comment on the topics or do you just stalk members make personal attacks call them racists seems to be a pattern of yours?

Yup, that's his M.O.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

Let me know when you have evidence to support your argument that small acts of racism towards white people will snowball into big ones. Thanks!

Hold your breath, because I've never made that claim...
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Finfinder

Please let me know what your argument is concerning Smollett and the graph that shows that racism in the US is widespread. Thanks!

My point is that it is difficult to gauge or measure specific acts of racism of any kind. I'm not saying at all it does not occur but it can be subjective for reaserch purposes.

A person goes into a store and feels like the clerk was racist towards them, what if the clerk was just having a bad day or distracted or wasn't feeling good and his behavior did not have racist intentions. What if the clerk did have the intentions but that was not translated to victim. Hoaxes have happen from both black and white people and everything in between and as matter of fact there is another hoax in the news right now. Are the hoaxes counted? Why didn't the researcher use real instances of hate crimes ? Furthermore you can generically say racism is "widespread" in Canada and that is an accurate statement pick a country it's a generic ambiguous not easily mensurable term.

I presented information that was based on a question that was static. Would you live next someone of a different race. Based on this information which has less flaws they found the USA is one of the least racist countries.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Finfinder

Please let me know what your argument is concerning Smollett and the graph that shows that racism in the US is widespread. Thanks!

Smollett is a racist piece of shit who should be in prison.

He lied about a crime that never occurred, paid some other black guys to stage an attack and then made false reports to the authorities about how it was all the fault of white guys.

I can't recall the last time I've seen such overt racism...
BigSteve wrote:Hold your breath, because I've never made that claim...

Actually, that is what you said:

BigSteve wrote:I'm arguing that dismissing small instances of racism perpetuates them. When that happens, they can grow in both frequency and severity. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess, but it's nowhere good...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=176782&start=160#p15019452

----------------

Finfinder wrote:My point is that it is difficult to gauge or measure specific acts of racism of any kind. I'm not saying at all it does not occur but it can be subjective for reaserch purposes.

A person goes into a store and feels like the clerk was racist towards them, what if the clerk was just having a bad day or distracted or wasn't feeling good and his behavior did not have racist intentions. What if the clerk did have the intentions but that was not translated to victim. Hoaxes have happen from both black and white people and everything in between and as matter of fact there is another hoax in the news right now. Are the hoaxes counted? Why didn't the researcher use real instances of hate crimes ? Furthermore you can generically say racism is "widespread" in Canada and that is an accurate statement pick a country it's a generic ambiguous not easily mensurable term.

This is a series of possible criticisms. Do you have any support for any of them?

I presented information that was based on a question that was static. Would you live next someone of a different race. Based on this information which has less flaws they found the USA is one of the least racist countries.

And as I already pointed out, this is evidence for the argument that the US is less racist than other countries in this one specific way.

It does not address whether or not racism is widespread in the USA.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
This is a series of possible criticisms. Do you have any support for any of them?

And as I already pointed out, this is evidence for the argument that the US is less racist than other countries in this one specific way.

It does not address whether or not racism is widespread in the USA.

It is a true statement to say racism is wide spread in every country in the world. Prove me wrong.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Actually, that is what you said:

Your reading comprehension blows.

I did not say that acts of racism will snowball. I said they can.

Perhaps you're just not sharp enough to understand that there's a difference there, but there is...
Finfinder wrote:It is a true statement to say racism is wide spread in every country in the world. Prove me wrong.

No, since such a statement would support my claims, so I will simply agree.

————————

BigSteve wrote:Your reading comprehension blows.

I did not say that acts of racism will snowball. I said they can.

Perhaps you're just not sharp enough to understand that there's a difference there, but there is...

So you agree that minor and insignificant acts of racism will not necessarily snowball into larger and significant acts of racism. Good.

Since that is the case, is there a reason to worry about this insignificant racism, or should we continue to focus on racism that actually effects people’s lives?
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you agree that minor and insignificant acts of racism will not necessarily snowball into larger and significant acts of racism.

It's actually that you're agreeing with me, since I'm the one who said it...

Since that is the case, is there a reason to worry about this insignificant racism, or should we continue to focus on racism that actually effects people’s lives?

The fact that you find any racism "insignificant" is disgusting. No racism is insignificant, except to those who choose to use racism as a tool with which they hope to gain some political advantage (but which always fails)...

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]