Anarchist/“Anti-Fascist” Attacks Detention Center - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:how many rapes actually end in convictions.

Swedish rape statistics (2007)

Conviction rate: 0.72%

Brå estimate total number rapes: 30,000

Rape crimes reported: 3,535

Subject to legal proceedings: 459

Convicted: 216
BigSteve wrote:It can't be. This is just another example of someone running their uneducated mouth about something they wish they understood...

I only tried to engage him because I think from media reporting alone, it would not be surprising if many people around the world, as long as they have at least some requisite bias, believe that cops (which they usually would imagine to be white) kill blacks as a rule. The skin colour of the victim is decisive when it comes to who makes national (and consequently international) news.

See this thread. Presumably police shootings and especially those with white victims don't produce the necessary "clicks".

After having given the actual numbers, there's obviously no excuse though and it can be reasonably assumed that the person pretends to be ignorant deliberately.

Pants-of-dog wrote:3. The reason that people of colour are so vastly over represented in convictions is due at least partly to racism

Can we see some evidence that the over-representation is at least partly due to racism in Sweden?

Pants-of-dog wrote:and at least partly to the fact that convictions are only a small minority of actual rapes.

Why would that lead to over-representation?
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:evidence

From page eight of the report summary.

Swedish research... shows that structural discrimination is a problem in the legal system.
Last edited by ingliz on 28 Jul 2019 07:17, edited 2 times in total.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:a link

Can't be arsed (I am sure you will find it if you look).

But...

As regards examples of direct discrimination, the results from both the review of the research literature and the National Council’s own studies show that there are working routines and generalised conceptions, or stereotypes, relating to minority groups which lead to persons from a non-Swedish or other minority background unfairly being treated differently from persons with a Swedish background in a comparable situation.

Previous Swedish research shows that having a minority background can play a significant role in relation to whether or not you are suspected or stopped and searched by the police (Ekman, 1999; Granér, 2004; Pettersson, 2005), for the judgements made by police at a crime scene (Andersson, 2004), for whether or not a crime is investigated by the police (Brå, 2007; del Sante, 2005), for how investigating officers interpret witness statements and other information available in the context of a police investigation (Lindholm & Bergvall, 2006; Ask, 2006), and for the type of sanction chosen by the courts and the severity of the sentence awarded (Diesen, 2006; du Rées, 2006).

The two studies conducted by the National Council provide further confirmation of these findings.

:)
ingliz wrote:Can't be arsed (I am sure you will find it if you look).

Right, who cares. Why should I take you seriously again? :lol:

I need links with references to the relevant pages that evidence the assertions made. And I should hope you will be up to defending any studies you link as well.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Can we see some evidence that the over-representation is at least partly due to racism in Sweden?

Considering how racism plays a role in every other developed country in the world, why would Swedish cops, judges, juries, and prosecutors be any different?

At this point, it seems that the burden of proof should be on the side that argues that there is a (miraculous) absence of racism.

Why would that lead to over-representation?

What do you mean?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Considering how racism plays a role

Yes, racism plays a role in migrant dominated communities in Britain, Belgium, Nederland, Danmark, Sweden, and Deutschland. Migrants attempting to rape white women walking down the streets.

In the Americas, in some African American dominated cities like Detroit, a white person, especially a non-American white, could get beaten up just for being White!
SSDR wrote:Yes, racism plays a role in migrant dominated communities in Britain, Belgium, Nederland, Danmark, Sweden, and Deutschland. Migrants attempting to rape white women walking down the streets.

In the Americas, in some African American dominated cities like Detroit, a white person, especially a non-American white, could get beaten up just for being White!

I doubt it.

This sounds like racist drivel.

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]