UK condemns Trump’s racist tweets in unprecedented attack against US congresswomen - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

SolarCross wrote:Pofo is full of ideological evil clowns. It is certainly a place to pick up bad habits.

So it is someone else’s fault that you accuse others of racism in order to shut down debate?

He does though. They are all employees in the same company, namely Congress etc. They know each other on a professional basis. All four of those are full of bile for Trump, and mostly because they assume he is white, so whatever applies to Trump also applies to them.

This is unverifiable speculation.

However, the fact that Trump does not know where these women come from can be logically deduced from his own words.

So your unverifiable speculation is almost certainly wrong.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So it is someone else’s fault that you accuse others of racism in order to shut down debate?

This is downright comical coming from someone who cries "RACIST" anytime he's got nothing of value to add to a conversation...

This is unverifiable speculation.

However, the fact that Trump does not know where these women come from can be logically deduced from his own words.

That, too, is only speculation. It may well be correct, but it's not "proof"...
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you admit it is your fault.

Now, do you Think Trump knew where these women came from when he made his Tweet?

What is my fault?

I think Trump knows that Ilhan is from Somalia and Tlaib is from Palestine. Possibly he knows that AOC was originally from Puerto Rico. At least I know this stuff and I am not even a USian.
Last edited by SolarCross on 23 Jul 2019 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
SolarCross wrote:Possibly he knows that AOC was originally from Pueto Rico. At least I know this stuff and I am not even a USian.

I don't like her an iota and I believe having her in office is a dangerous thing for our country, but if we, as her critics, want to be taken seriously then we need to present factual information.

AOC was born in the Bronx...
BigSteve wrote:I don't like her an iota and I believe having her in office is a dangerous thing for our country, but if we, as her critics, want to be taken seriously then we need to present factual information.

AOC was born in the Bronx...

Sure but where we are from isn't just a particular place where we are born it is also the heritage we bring with us from before that through our parents and the life experiences we have after birth.
SolarCross wrote:Sure but where we are from isn't just a particular place where we are born it is also the heritage we bring with us from before that through our parents and the life experiences we have after birth.

But she didn't "bring" anything from anywhere. She was born in New York City. Her father was born in New York City.

My ancestors were German, Irish, English and French. But, like AOC, I was born in New York City. I don't go around telling people I'm from Europe, simply because I'm not.

Likewise, AOC isn't from Puerto Rico...
BigSteve wrote:But she didn't "bring" anything from anywhere. She was born in New York City. Her father was born in New York City.

My ancestors were German, Irish, English and French. But, like AOC, I was born in New York City. I don't go around telling people I'm from Europe, simply because I'm not.

Likewise, AOC isn't from Puerto Rico...

A lot of Americans do though. They call themselves "Italian-American" or "Irish-American", usually they were not born in those places and had never even traveled there but they think they have something from those places because of something they get through their parents or grandparents.
SolarCross wrote:A lot of Americans do though. They call themselves "Italian-American" or "Irish-American", usually they were not born in those places and had never even traveled there but they think they have something from those places because of something they get through their parents or grandparents.

Sure, a lot of Americans do. As far as I know, she hasn't.

Regardless, though, she's not from anywhere but New York, even if she makes that claim.

Look, all I'm saying is that it's important to provide only factual information.

Don't be like the libs...
SolarCross wrote:Image

She has.

Okay.

As I said, it doesn't matter what she says, she's not from Puerto Rico. She may be Puerto Rican by heritage (which is what she's clearly claiming in her tweet), but she's not from Puerto Rico. I would happily tell her that, too.

She's from New York...
BigSteve wrote:The words "Go back to where they came from" does not exist in his tweets.
You're not being honest here. The sentence that says they should "go back to where they came from" does not exist in his tweets, and I challenge you to either show where it does or admit to being dishonest in your approach to this debate.

They do exist in Trump's tweet quite evidently:

Trump wrote:So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly ...and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how ....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

I'm not sure why you deny obvious reality or what that says about your character but sure knock yourself out like a bot.

blackjack21 wrote:Trump's tweet was not racist. For the sake of demurrer, even if it was racist, that still would not imply any sort of legal consequences, because they United States cannot ratify or impose any treaty term that conflicts with the US constitution. The KKK and the Nazi party are racist organizations. You can be a member of either one in the United States, because the US first amendment is antecedent and superior to the UN's convention. The UN cannot violate the rights of the people of the United States secured by our Bill of Rights. The US cannot ratify a clause on "hate speech," because the first amendment precludes it in the United States. Freedom of thought implies the right to think racist thoughts. Freedom of speech implies the right to campaign for racist policies. You just don't get to infringe other people's rights unless you have done so by operation of law.

Trump's tweet is explicitly racist for all the reasons already provided. The rest are just assumptions and irrelevant straw-men you make. I am not aware of the legal ramifications of the UN convention and how it can be used in the US and internationally but its legal effect is irrelevant because no such claim or argument has been made. The fact remains that the US is party to this convention since Lyndon Johnson in 1965 and as such the US as a state recognises the validity of this definition of racism.

noemon wrote:Trump juxtaposes these women with the people of the United States and the nation as if they are separate alien entities.

blackjack21 wrote:Their rights have not been violated in any way.

Did SpecialOlympian violate your rights when you called his posts "racist" and demanded they be censored?

noemon wrote:There is a very clear attempt made here by people who are positively inclined towards racism intending to dilute the meaning of racism just so they can get away with saying racist things with impunity.

blackjack21 wrote:In the United States, you can say racist things with impunity. We have freedom of speech. You do not.

Congratulations on your racist achievement, this is not the US however and in here you cannot say racist things with impunity no matter how hard you try to dilute it.
SolarCross wrote:What is my fault?

That you are responsible for your own actions when it comes to you calling people “racist” in order to shut down a debate.

I think Trump knows that Ilhan is from Somalia and Tlaib is from Palestine. Possibly he knows that AOC was originally from Puerto Rico. At least I know this stuff and I am not even a USian.

Tlaib is from Detroit.

AOC is from the Bronx.

So if Trump “knows” these women are from other countries, he “knows” incorrectly.
Pants-of-dog wrote:That I am responsible for my own actions when it comes to me calling people “racist” in order to shut down a debate.

Fixed it for you. So what do you think should be done with "racists"?

Pants-of-dog wrote:Tlaib is from Detroit.

AOC is from the Bronx.

So if Trump “knows” these women are from other countries, he “knows” incorrectly.

He said "places". I am not sure that "crime ridden" would be a completely inaccurate way of describing either Detroit or the Bronx for that matter. Perhaps that was what he meant all along. What are those two ladies doing about that anyway?
SolarCross wrote:Fixed it for you. So what do you think should be done with "racists"?

You seem to be mistaken.

You called me “racist” more than once in this thread. I, on the other hand, did not call anyone racist.

He said "places". I am not sure that "crime ridden" would be a completely inaccurate way of describing either Detroit or the Bronx for that matter. Perhaps that was what he meant all along. What are those two ladies doing about that anyway?

So he was incorrect when he claimed they were not from the USA.

And therefore, he could not have been making an intelligent and well researched comparison of crime rates between the USA and other countries.

And therefore, the argument that he was making such an argument instead of a racist Tweet is not supported.
noemon wrote:Congratulations on your racist achievement, this is not the US however and in here you cannot say racist things with impunity no matter how hard you try to dilute it.

The "achievement" is one of free speech.

Admin Edit: Rules 2, 16.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]