Trump hands over Syria to Turkey then threatens to "totally destroy & obliterate" her economy if... - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote:Very good one Comrade annatar. :lol: You are very good Russian bot. I can hardly tell.

Sometimes it's a real race to see who can reach peak absurdity first in their pretzel logic. Hindsite hates Russia because of misunderstanding of scripture, you folks believe in ''Russia Collusion'' in order to give solace to yourselves over running an unlikeable and unelectable harpy in 2016 and having her lose to Big Orange... :lol:
Erdogan's jihadist thugs are so dumb that they document their own war crimes on video footage and distribute it on the Internet.

I guess these are the fabled "moderate rebels" Cameron wanted us to support.

Syria conflict: The 'war crimes' caught in brutal phone footage

Turkish-backed forces fighting Kurdish militias in north-east Syria have been accused of committing war crimes, with acts of brutality surfacing on mobile phone footage.

The UN has warned that Turkey could be held responsible for the actions of its allies, while Turkey has promised to investigate.

Bearded men shout "Allahu Akbar [God is the Greatest]". One captures the scene on his smartphone and says: "We are mujahedeen [holy warriors] from Faylaq Al-Majd [Glory Corps] battalion." In the background are the corpses of Kurdish fighters.

Further away, a group of men plant their feet on a woman's bloodied body. One says she is a "whore".

The gruesome footage is much like that produced by the ultra-violent Islamic State (IS) group.

Yet the men in this video are not IS militants, but rather fighters for a rebel alliance known as the Syrian National Army, trained, equipped and paid for by a Nato member, Turkey. They are under the command of the Turkish army.

The video was filmed on 21 October in northern Syria. The woman beneath the fighters' feet is Amara Renas, a member of an all-woman unit of Kurdish fighters, the YPJ, a force that played a significant role in defeating IS in Syria.

On 9 October the Turkish army and pro-Turkish Syrian rebels attacked the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), shortly after Donald Trump announced the US would pull troops out of Syria.

SDF fighters had been a highly effective and trusted ally of the US-led coalition and led the defeat of IS on the ground. The group says it also provided intelligence that led to the killing last week of IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Video threats
Days after Turkey's attacks, numerous videos alleged to have been filmed by pro-Turkey rebels emerged on social media. In one, an unidentified fighter shouts in Arabic: "We have come to behead you infidels and apostates!"

In another video, a masked rebel clad in black carries a terrified woman surrounded by other rebels - one films her, one shouts "pig", another says: "Take her to be beheaded."

The captured woman is Cicek Kobane, another YPJ fighter

The widely-circulated video provoked outrage on social media. A few days after it was published, Turkish state TV showed Cicek Kobane being treated in a hospital in Turkey.

US officials have said that some of the actions in these videos probably constitute war crimes.

"Many people fled because they're very concerned about these Turkish-supported Syrian opposition forces," James Jeffrey, US special envoy for Syria, told Congress.

"We'd say that Turkey-supported Syrian opposition forces who were under general Turkish command, at least in one instance did carry out war crimes."

Crossing point
Turkey has long been accused of taking little action against jihadists in Syria.

"I ran the ISIS [Islamic State group] campaign - 40,000 foreign fighters, jihadists from 110 countries around the world, all came into Syria to fight in that war and they all came through Turkey," Brett McGurk, former US President Special Envoy in the coalition against IS, told CNN last month.

He said he tried to persuade Turkey to seal its border against IS. "They said they couldn't do it," he said, "but the minute the Kurds took parts of the border, it's totally sealed with a wall."

US officials say they have demanded an explanation from Turkey for alleged war crimes by the rebels.

Ibrahim Kalin, the Turkish president's spokesman, said Turkey will investigate any suspected war crimes.

But many Kurdish activists have no faith in the Turkish government or army.

"There is strong evidence that over the past four decades, Turkish military and security forces have systematically committed war crimes and violated human rights in their conflict with the PKK (The Kurdistan Workers' Party, which has fought for Kurdish autonomy in Turkey for decades)," says Kamran Matin, Senior Lecturer in International Relations at Sussex University.

Turning a blind eye
In the past decade, numerous disturbing images and videos allegedly filmed by the Turkish army and security forces document the killing of captured Kurdish dissidents in Turkey.

In one video published a few years ago, suspected Turkish soldiers behead dead PKK militants. In another video, two female PKK fighters with their hands tied behind their backs are seated on a mountain cliff, when what are apparently Turkish soldiers with automatic machine guns shoot them at close range and kick them over the edge.

In October 2015, a widely-shared video showed Turkish security forces dragging the body of 24-year-old actor Haci Lokman Birlik through the streets in Sirnak, a Kurdish town in south-east Turkey, with a rope around his neck. Part of the video appeared to have been filmed from inside the police vehicle. Turkish officials claimed his corpse might have been booby-trapped.

Kurdish human rights activists have accused the US and the EU of failing to condemn Turkey or take any effective punitive action.

"The EU turned a blind eye to Turkey's human rights violations, because of Turkey's Nato membership, economic ties and the fear of a backlash among millions of Turks living in European countries, Germany in particular," says Kamran Matin.

After the Syrian civil war began, a new factor "constrained European countries' reaction to Turkey's gross violation of human rights," he says - "Syrian refugees. [Turkish] President Erdogan repeatedly threatened flooding Europe with them."

This, it seems, is something European countries want to avoid, whatever the cost.
Godstud wrote:Very good one Comrade annatar. :lol: You are very good Russian bot. I can hardly tell.

No, that's not the case at all. We're just trying to de-escalate the situation and we don't want World War 3. We want peace in Europe, Asia and the entire world.

It's got to the point where even if you simply want detente with Moscow you're considered unpatriotic.
In another video, a masked rebel clad in black carries a terrified woman surrounded by other rebels - one films her, one shouts "pig", another says: "Take her to be beheaded."

The captured woman is Cicek Kobane, another YPJ fighter.

The widely-circulated video provoked outrage on social media. A few days after it was published, Turkish state TV showed Cicek Kobane being treated in a hospital in Turkey.

Being treated in a Turkish hospital.... After she was beheaded? :lol:

...............................................................Brett McGurk............................................................

:roll:
Political Interest wrote:No, that's not the case at all. We're just trying to de-escalate the situation and we don't want World War 3. We want peace in Europe, Asia and the entire world.

It's got to the point where even if you simply want detente with Moscow you're considered unpatriotic.

Exactly so. It's insane that the same people who agreed that Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate in 2008 and thus voted for a African-American with an Islamic culture derived name and little political experience instead, have since 2016 bought into Hillary Clinton's lame excuse that the 'Russians stole the election from me' BS :excited: :lol:

This woman has single-handedly, with her war-mongering, her corruption, and vile personality, managed to poison the whole Western world with this nonsense, and ruined the Democratic party.
Atlantis wrote:Looks like Erdogan got his just dessert. Hopefully, somebody will serve him the main dish soon.

House overwhelmingly approves resolution recognizing Armenian genocide

The USA has 110 genocides under its belt. What is the point of pointing a finger at one, single genocide? To remind Americans that they're made of it?

Hindsite wrote:Our troops are not in harms way in Germany.

Then what are they doing there? Troops are supposed to "defend" against "harms way." Are they just there to make sure that all European journalists are on the CIA payroll?

Protecting the oil in Syria is to keep it out of enemy hands and so the Kurds can use it.

I think Westerners are doing a great job keeping all the world's oil out of anyone else's hands by simply burning trilions of barrels of it in giant trucks and SUVs. Hyper-consumption of the world's resources keeps all resources out of the shrivelling little hands of all the world's other peoples. And some of them may just well be terrorists (I wonder why?).
QatzelOk wrote:Then what are they doing there? Troops are supposed to "defend" aga?inst "harms way." Are they just there to make sure that all European journalists are on the CIA payroll.

The last I heard Germany wants them there to deter possible Russian aggression.
Hindsite wrote:The last I heard Germany wants them there to deter possible Russian aggression.

You heard wrongly. Most Germans don't want US troops.

QatzelOk wrote:The USA has 110 genocides under its belt. What is the point of pointing a finger at one, single genocide? To remind Americans that they're made of it?

That doesn't mean we have to pamper Turkey by sweeping the Armenian genocide under the carpet. This is doubly true because the Turks are now in the process of ethnically cleansing the Kurds from their home country, which is only one step short of genocide.

If you wanted to highlight the wrong done to American natives, I'm sure you know how to open a separate thread.

Then what are they doing there? Troops are supposed to "defend" against "harms way." Are they just there to make sure that all European journalists are on the CIA payroll?

US troops are to defend US interest, no matter where they are stationed. I'm sure that not even @Hindsite is so naive as to believe otherwise.
Atlantis wrote:That doesn't mean we have to pamper Turkey by sweeping the Armenian genocide under the carpet. This is doubly true because the Turks are now in the process of ethnically cleansing the Kurds from their home country, which is only one step short of genocide.

You are spreading black propaganda.

Millions of Turkish people who are descended of Kurdish ethnicity are living in Turkey. Wouldn't it cause an unrest in home if Turkey tries to genocide people in Syria? Turkey would be in turmoil if we did such things.
Atlantis wrote:You heard wrongly. Most Germans don't want US troops.

That did not used to be the case when I was stationed there. However, if that is the way they feel now, then their government should inform President Trump and I am sure he would be glad to save money and order them out.

Atlantis wrote:US troops are to defend US interest, no matter where they are stationed. I'm sure that not even @Hindsite is so naive as to believe otherwise.

The NATO alliance is also to defend the interests of Europe. Without US troops, NATO would be very weak in Europe, especially if you believe Turkey is not a good NATO ally.
Istanbuller wrote:You are spreading black propaganda.

Millions of Turkish people who are descended of Kurdish ethnicity are living in Turkey. Wouldn't it cause an unrest in home if Turkey tries to genocide people in Syria? Turkey would be in turmoil if we did such things.

This is down to the ability of the perpetrators to efficiently extinguish the persecuted in concern. Watch how the Chinese try to extinguish the Tibetians, Uyghurs and Hongkongers with varied results and it is rather easy to see this statement requires some conditions to be true.
Atlantis wrote:.If you wanted to highlight the wrong done to American natives, I'm sure you know how to open a separate thread.

I really wasn't trying to derail this thread.

I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy and desperation of "the USA of Genocide" threatening to recognize some other nation's single, little genocide.

The USA can lose much more than it can gain from this kind of speaking truth to power (ie. exposing genocides for the whole world to see).
QatzelOk wrote:I really wasn't trying to derail this thread.

I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy and desperation of "the USA of Genocide" threatening to recognize some other nation's single, little genocide.

The USA can lose much more than it can gain from this kind of speaking truth to power (ie. exposing genocides for the whole world to see).

It is probably universal consensus that most Westerners are expert genocidal maniacs in the Americas. The point is, they have become much better people now, although I can sense that this Honourable Friend of Native American descent has some good reason to dispute this statement of mine.
It is probably universal consensus that most Westerners are expert genocidal maniacs in the Americas.

Sometimes the most appropriate answer is a single word.

That would violate the rule against one line posts.

So I put on the fourth line my single word answer.

HORSESHIT.
Drlee wrote:Sometimes the most appropriate answer is a single word.

HORSESHIT.

I strongly pity my Honourable Friend for his apparent failure to recognise my statement's true meaning, or recognise the significance of my statement subsequent to the quoted one.

Ultimately, even if what the Honourable Native American's accusation was true, it is no longer relevant or factual now.

Although I probably should apologise for my mistake in tense usage. The quoted message should be in past tense.
Patrickov wrote:Ultimately, even if what the Honourable Native American's accusation was true, it is no longer relevant or factual now.

No we want Poco's actions to be front and centre of this election, because it perfectly exposes Liberals lying hypocrisy on race. Liberals say that race doesn't exist, but at the same time they want to grant massive privilege to non - Whites, particularly Blacks. They say there is no such thing as race, but on the other hand they have the most visceral hatred of trans race people, at least those White people who want to trans to being Black.

They denounce Blut und Boden nationalism at every turn, yet seem to think the Blood and soil rights of so called Native Americans are absolute. So absolute that so called Native Americans don't even have to give citizenship rights to their former Black slaves. Despite the mounting evidence that the first settlers of North America were Europeans and that they may have been genocided by the invading war mongering Siberians.
Drlee wrote:Sometimes the most appropriate answer is a single word.

HORSESHIT.

There has been an almost total population replacement in North America, and the few surviving communities of the original inhabitants are now confined to a few scattered reservations. So yeah, something closely resembling what we now call 'genocide' seems to have occurred in North America.

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]