Elijah Cummings Dead... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By BigSteve
Maryland Congressman Elijah Cummings passed away overnight...
Oh, shit. Serves me right for not reading the name properly. Oh well. No offence intended, so I hope none is taken
snapdragon wrote:Oh, shit. Serves me right for not reading the name properly. Oh well. No offence intended, so I hope none is taken

Ummmm... okay...
BigSteve wrote:Ummmm... okay...

I really am very sorry to have commented. Maybe I should have just deleted my post.

Oh well. It's ben a long week and it's not over yet.
Even though I disagreed with his policy, I had to admire his passion to fight for what he believed in. I do wish he would have done more for Baltimore which is my hometown. It's now one of the most dangerous places in the US based on population. Loss of manufacturing jobs and heroin killed the city. Unfortunately "The Wire" is a fairly accurate depiction of West Baltimore.
terrapinsfan wrote:Even though I disagreed with his policy, I had to admire his passion to fight for what he believed in. I do wish he would have done more for Baltimore which is my hometown. It's now one of the most dangerous places in the US based on population. Loss of manufacturing jobs and heroin killed the city. Unfortunately "The Wire" is a fairly accurate depiction of West Baltimore.

His politics had their foothold in hypocrisy and division.

In 1999 Cummings referred to Baltimore as "drug infested". Of course, in 2019, when Trump called Baltimore "drug infested" Cummings labeled Trump as a racist for saying such a thing.

I don't like to see too many people die, and I certainly would not have wished it on Cummings. But his voice was one we didn't need in politics...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yale course on Ukrainian history: https://www.yout[…]

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]