Why We Have The Death Penalty - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Indy wrote:
Well, I don't think there's much of a chance of me stabbing a young woman to death for her phone, so I'm in good shape there.

If killing is wrong, don't do it.

Here in Maine, and every other civilised place, we do not.
Pants-of-dog wrote:There is a very real possibility that support for the death penalty in this case is tied to racism.

How so?

I've already been quite clear that had the sub-human piece of shit been white I would be saying he deserved the death penalty.

Or do you need for another innocent young lady to be stabbed to death, this time by a white sub-human piece of shit, to see that I actually would?
Because you have repeatedly called black people “sub-human scum”.

And this is common in the USA:

The death penalty has long come under scrutiny for being racially biased. Earlier in the twentieth century when it was applied for the crime of rape, 89 percent of the executions involved black defendants, most for the rape of a white woman. In the modern era, when executions have been carried out exclusively for murder, 75 percent of the cases involve the murder of white victims, even though blacks and whites are about equally likely to be victims of murder.
    A bias towards white-victim cases has been found in almost all of the sophisticated studies exploring this area over many years. These studies typically control for other variables in the cases studied, such as the number of victims or the brutality of the crime, and still found that defendants were more likely to be sentenced to death if they killed a white person.
    The issue of racial disparities in the use of the death penalty was considered by the Supreme Court in 1987. In a close vote, the Court held that studies alone could not provide the required proof of racial discrimination in a particular defendant’s case. This decision appeared to close the door to broad challenges to the death penalty. However, the Court has found racial discrimination in the selection of the jury in individual capital cases.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-issues/race
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because you have repeatedly called black people “sub-human scum”.

That's horseshit and you know it.

Show me a single instance where I said that "black people" were "sub-human scum".

You're incredible. You have no point to make so you make up absolute bullshit.
You literally called a black person that in this thread.

The other time I remember is when you said the same thing about some black people dancing on a police car during a gay pride march.

And my point is that the death penalty is disproportionately used against people of colour and poor people.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You literally called a black person that in this thread.

Yes, I did, immediately before stating that I would refer to a white person the exact same way.

Your "arguments" are brilliant exercises in failure, but little more.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You keep ignoring my argument so that you can talk about yourself.

You want to dismiss what I said as me just wanting to "talk about myself" because what I actually said buries your stupid little argument.

My use of the term "sub-human scum" is not race dependent. I know that's inconvenient to your argument.

I don't care.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The death penalty in the USA disproportionately threatens people of colour and poor people, even when correcting for things like the severity of the crime.

The death penalty doesn't "threaten" anyone.
Indy wrote:The death penalty doesn't "threaten" anyone.

The death penalty in the USA is disproportionately used against people of colour and poor people, even when correcting for things like the severity of the crime.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The death penalty in the USA is disproportionately used against people of colour and poor people, even when correcting for things like the severity of the crime.

When you figure out which story you want to use let me know.
The death penalty in the USA is disproportionately used against people of colour and poor people, even when correcting for things like the severity of the crime.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The death penalty in the USA is disproportionately used against people of colour and poor people, even when correcting for things like the severity of the crime.

Because 'people of color' are statistically more likely to commit crimes
Pants-of-dog wrote:Even if that were true, the studies verifying racism in the justice system account for that too.

Thats true although this phenomena is in decline
the system is not rigged against people of color some of the judges are just happen to be racists thats all

https://i.imgur.com/s5FB2UU.png

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]