Death Toll from Delhi's worst Riots in Decades Rises to 38 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

^ That is a casteism problem different from the racist problem. The idea that dalits are black and upper caste hindus are fairer skinned is itself deeply outdated and fundamentally racist borne out of the ridiculous pseudo-science of 19th century where white skin "Aryans" subjugated dark skinned natives.
We had a family friend who was in India during the riots.
She said a crowd of men surrounded the van and started rocking it back and forth, trying to tip over the vehicle. The men leered at the 6 women inside the van and looked like they wanted to rape them. This woman had never been so scared for her life.

Apparently the riot was something about the muslims being angry because the country recently passed a law saying that foreigners who are muslim are not eligible to gain Indian citizenship now. Mainly this is directed at Pakistan, and to a smaller extent Bangladesh. India feels like they lost of enough of their territory to the muslims during the Great Partition, and now shouldn't have to take on any more. And some sources say that Hindus are acutely aware the muslim minority in their country are outbreeding them. Maybe some of you are not aware all the things non-muslims suffer in Pakistan, or some of the things that go on there (although some similar things go on in parts of India too).
The citizenship law makes India's 200+ million Muslims second-class citizens.

I watched some of the videos of the pogroms and violence in these riots and good god, it is brutal; burning people alive, beating and humiliating people if not beating them to death, torturing them etc.

The police were as much involved and complicit as the fash running amok the streets. There are videos online of the pigs standing by while Hindus attacked Muslims.

Some protesters were beaten up and forced to sing the national anthem. There are videos online on social media. Hundreds have been killed.

Obviously people like this old woman who was burning alive, were a threat.

Fascism lives all over the world. What terrifying times we live in.
Those two terrorists were killed trying to lay bombs on the border to kill IDF soldiers patrolling there.
After they were killed by the IDF, the IDF collected a body because that is what the Arabs do. They still hold two dead IDF soldiers since 2014 and they want Israel to release one thousand Arab prisoners before releasing those bodies.
So Israel now does the same to the terrorist Arabs.
You want that dead body back ? Release the IDF dead bodies.
Sounds fair to me.
Obviously, propagandist skinster does not like this.
C'est la vie.
An interesting article related to this with the personal touch that people tend to crave:

Mohammad Munazir arrived in Delhi decades ago, escaping poverty in his native state of Bihar where his landless father worked on other people's farms for a pittance.

In the beginning, like millions of poor migrants, he lived in a tarped hovel on the fringes of the sprawling Indian capital. He worked in a book binding shop and moved to Khajuri Khas, a gritty neighbourhood in north-east Delhi, which has a literacy rate lower than the national average.

When the book binding shop folded, Mr Munazir decided to start something on his own. He bought a cart and rice and chicken and began selling home-cooked biryani. His business thrived - "I was a hero, everybody here loved my food" - cooking 15kg of biryani and making up to 900 rupees ($12.26; £9.60) a day. Things were finally looking up.

Barely three years ago, Mr Munazir and his brother, a local driver, pooled 2.4m rupees from their savings and bought a house - an unremarkable two-storey building in a narrow lane. Each floor had two small, windowless rooms and a tiny kitchen and bathroom. It was cramped for two families but it was home. They even installed an air-conditioner to keep the families comfortable in Delhi's sultry summers.

"It was a nest I finally built for my wife and six children after a lifetime of struggle," says Mr Munazir. "It was the only thing I wanted in life, it was my only dream come true."

The dream ended in flames on a bright, sunny Tuesday morning last week.

Mr Munazir's house was looted and torched by a mob of masked and helmeted young men, who swept into the mixed neighbourhood. They were armed with staves, hockey sticks, stones and bottles filled with petrol, and were chanting "Jai Shri Ram", or "Victory to Lord Ram", a greeting which has been turned into a murder cry by Hindu lynch mobs in recent years.

Khajuri Khas was one of the ragged neighbourhoods engulfed by Delhi's deadliest religious riots in decades, sparked by clashes over a controversial citizenship law. There were no killings here. But three days of fire and fury in north-east Delhi would eventually consume more than 40 lives, leave hundreds wounded and many missing. Millions of dollars worth of property was destroyed. And there's mounting evidence that Muslims were targeted in a planned manner, with numerous well-documented examples showing some police aiding the rioters, or simply looking the other way.

I wonder if Lord Ram was satisfied and considered it a victory?

There are some 200 homes and shops in riot-hit lanes of Khajuri Khas, a fifth of them owned by Muslims. However, it is virtually impossible to tell exactly which of the slim, serried structures that dot the untidy skyline are owned by Muslims, and which by their Hindu neighbours. The buildings even share common walls and continuous rooflines.

The riot is incredibly inaccurate, eh?

Overnight, deep distrust has set in between the two communities. Opposite Mr Munazir's now-burnt home is a two-storey building owned by a Hindu neighbour who trades in betel leaves and lives with two sons, who work for a public transport company. For years, Mr Munazir says, the neighbours have coexisted peacefully. "I have even lived as a tenant in his house. He could have come out and tried to reason with the mob," Mr Munazir says. "Maybe my house would have been saved."

This is interesting to me... I feel like his idea of having the man come out and reason with the mob is not a particularly compelling one. This would be the sort of thing that only a hero would do. Can you really expect your neighbor to also be your hero?

But it appears some Hindus had their hearts in the right place:

On the fateful morning when the mob began spilling into the neighbourhood, Mr Munazir felt a stab of sudden fear. He called the police and fire service. A local Hindu school teacher was trying to placate the armed men and turn them away. "Don't worry, nothing will happen. You go home," he told the anxious Muslims. A young Hindu man was trying to stop a mob from entering another lane. But the rioters refused to listen to their entreaties, and soon surged into the lane. It was then Mr Munazir ran back into his house and bolted the front door.

There were also police doing their job:

The mob tried to break open his door, and then turned their attention to a mosque a few doors away, throwing petrol bombs into the building. The police, says Mr Munazir, arrived six hours later, and led the Muslim residents to safety even as the rioters looked on, sometimes slapping and stoning the evacuees. As the newest refugees of religious rioting in India left the lane with the police, the mob entered their homes, burning and looting at will. "You are lucky to be alive," a policeman told Mr Munazir. "We will take you where you want."

BBC

It's interesting to think about it in the sense that... maybe there will actually be a lot of HIndus who want nothing to do with living in Muslim neighborhoods or having Muslim neighbors because of these riots. Practical concerns will actually drive a wedge between populations.

One might even say that it is this that has already driven a wedge between black and white people in many Western nations. Many whites are idealistic and do want to crush racism, but they are honestly concerned for the safety of their neighborhood and real estate value. This might seem like a trivial concern in the face of some national struggle, but are you willing to lose $40,000+ when you sell your home and have an abysmal retirement so that you can tell people in your low-income elder care that you did the right thing in between naps and cheap soup?
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Muslims cant peacefully coexist with anyone
Islam is cancer

I found your words are ridiculous and illogic with bias.

Who can? Do you refer to those people who colonize and occupy North America, enslaved the black can? Or do you refer to those people in Australia who stole the aboriginal children for decades can? Or you do refer to those Europeans who killed numerous Jews could?

Apr 18, 2016 · Most recently, David Cameron told Indian television in 2010 that he would oppose its return, adding: “If you say yes to one, you suddenly find the British Museum would be empty.

Do you understand what the words inmply? Everything in British Museum are from looting.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:...

Your remarks remind me of how Nazi Hilter who claimed Jews are inferior genetics. It seems you are a Jew from your forum account.

Beauty is not just appearance, especially but also personality. The remarks of yours in this thread are very disgraceful. You spread hatred against other people, their cultures, and beliefs.
It is kind of interesting that the "F" word (fascist) is getting thrown out in reference to the right wing Hindus here.

On the one hand, we are told that non-Western nations have their own unique reference points, but on the other, we are encouraged to believe that Fascism is some kind of metaphysical urge -- what Eco referred to as Url-Fascism. So, in a sense, maybe this is appropriate.

But then I would think that it would be better to refer to this stuff not by Fascism because Fascism can be rather specific to Western political identity.

But it's probably a big blunder to believe Ben Norton has become a journalist/writer/filmmaker by using words wisely & correctly.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Some cultures are better than others
Aboriginals ... [rule 3 deletion]

Actually they had similar technologies to everyone else, including metallurgic production. The only thing unique about Europeans was their propensity for exploration and colonialism, a habit that developed out of their naval prowess and a condition determined by geography, not genetics.

Your comments are also morally repugnant and an embarrassment to the Jewish people.
Donna wrote:Actually they had similar technologies to everyone else, including metallurgic production. The only thing unique about Europeans was their propensity for exploration and colonialism, a habit that developed out of their naval prowess and a condition determined by geography, not genetics.

I think that the Europeans conquered the world because they had God on their side. E. Michael Jones would say it is because they understand Logos. Islamic civilization could never quite do this because, while they were close, they still didn't have logos.

We really have to credit European monarchy because it tended to impose lots of duties and obligations on the monarchs and other nobles, and even have checks and balances to some degree. Because it was also opposed to tyranny, there was a lot of room for bureaucrats and regional leaders to operate compared to other places.

Someone might say something like "but sometimes they were tyrannical," but this is very true of all systems. Many places that have claimed to be democratic have been tyrannical, and most of these democracies have long since degenerated into oligarchies.
Donna wrote:Actually they had similar technologies to everyone else, including metallurgic production.

No they did not. There's limited evidence for a very primitive form of iron smelting but they didn't have anywhere near the level of technology Europe had.

The only thing unique about Europeans was their propensity for exploration and colonialism, a habit that developed out of their naval prowess and a condition determined by geography, not genetics.

:knife: The success of European civilization is due to a complex mix of geography, history, culture, and population genetics.
Verv wrote:I think that the Europeans conquered the world because they had God on their side. E. Michael Jones would say it is because they understand Logos. Islamic civilization could never quite do this because, while they were close, they still didn't have logos.

Why would God favor a destructive and unholy process that would ultimately lead to the global domination of Mammon? Because the world that exists today, the world that is beginning to eat itself and everyone in it, is the legacy of Europeans going on faraway adventures with guns and whips.

We really have to credit European monarchy because it tended to impose lots of duties and obligations on the monarchs and other nobles, and even have checks and balances to some degree. Because it was also opposed to tyranny, there was a lot of room for bureaucrats and regional leaders to operate compared to other places.

Someone might say something like "but sometimes they were tyrannical," but this is very true of all systems. Many places that have claimed to be democratic have been tyrannical, and most of these democracies have long since degenerated into oligarchies.

I'll be honest, I gush like a schoolgirl over royal families even though I'm a Marxist, especially the Windsors and the historical Romanovs. Their lives are fascinating and sympathetic. Even though Nicholas II was a tyrant and slaver who deserved what he got, I believe he was also a very pious Christian who was utterly devoted to his family, perhaps even to the point of compromising the monarchy in Russia. Sometimes I wonder if God gave Russia such a Tsar--materially situated in history as a killer of his own people, but spiritually a saint--to give history, to give the development of logos in the world, a bit of a push.

I enjoy these conversations, Verv. You should post more often, especially with coronavirus going around. Stay safe.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]