Harvey Weinstein Sentenced to 23 Years - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ha ... e-n1154166

#MeToo has claimed the head of the King. Long live the King!

Because does anyone believe that would-be starlets are not still trading blow jobs and sex for fame? Anyone?

If you read the article and his rant, he clearly doesn't understand why he's going to jail.

I think I know why -- it's not because trading sexual favors for fame is not allowed anymore. It's because Weinstein has gotten fat and physically repulsive. If some chick has sex with Brad Pitt or whoever for a movie role, people would want to watch. But Harvey Weinstein? Gross. So now he's off to prison for the rest of his life.

Fuk you guys /micdrop
It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I hope he rots in jail.

Receiving a kiss while sleeping is the most pure form of love there is...

Unless you're in prison
Wulfschilde wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/harvey-weinstein-sentenced-23-years-prison-landmark-metoo-case-n1154166

#MeToo has claimed the head of the King. Long live the King!

Because does anyone believe that would-be starlets are not still trading blow jobs and sex for fame? Anyone?

If you read the article and his rant, he clearly doesn't understand why he's going to jail.

I think I know why -- it's not because trading sexual favors for fame is not allowed anymore. It's because Weinstein has gotten fat and physically repulsive. If some chick has sex with Brad Pitt or whoever for a movie role, people would want to watch. But Harvey Weinstein? Gross. So now he's off to prison for the rest of his life.

Fuk you guys /micdrop

Sooo... it's ok because everyone else is doing it? Why do you think that?

Further, what evidence do you have that everyone else is doing it?
Rancid wrote:Sooo... it's ok because everyone else is doing it? Why do you think that?

Further, what evidence do you have that everyone else is doing it?

It is obvious that sex-for-fame is part of the game in sleazy commercial media.

Reacting with "shock" demonstrates how we cosumers all play dumb to impress one another with our socially-approved gullibility.

The commercial song "Don't stop believing" is a tribute to the sheep-like gullibility of blind followers.
So Weinstein is a scumbag. No doubt about it. He is off to prison and he should be.

But.

23 years? For a person his age with no priors? And on top of this California is about to extract its pound of flesh. (No pun intended.)

I am not, in general, in favor of very long prison sentences for most offenses. We sentence people to life far too often. While I am not buying that he is just a sick old man I think the judge threw the book at him. He will never get out of prison.
Drlee wrote:But.

23 years? For a person his age with no priors?

If you were a Admin Edit: Rule 3 Violation person in Britain that had raped, drugged, beaten and prostituted multiple under age girls you probably wouldn't get that.
Rich wrote:If you were a Admin Edit: Rule 3 Violation person in Britain that had raped, drugged, beaten and prostituted multiple under age girls you probably wouldn't get that.

You 're wrong on all fronts:

Huddersfield grooming gang wrote:Their ringleader was Amere Singh Dhaliwal, a British Indian, who converted to Sikhism in 2013.[7][15] Convicted for Life. Mohammed Akram convicted for 22 years.
Wulfschilde wrote:i agree that weinstein is worse than an entire gang of organized rapists from teh middle east

But his partners were, apparently, all of legal age to have sex.

This makes Weinstein more ethical (by USA ethics) than many recent US presidents and commercial media personalities.
QatzelOk wrote:But his partners were, apparently, all of legal age to have sex.

This makes Weinstein more ethical (by USA ethics) than many recent US presidents and commercial media personalities.

you dont get it qatz. Women are simultaneously victims who need protection from everythign but they should also lead everything. They can be men if they want to be but still count as women. They cannot tell a lie, its impossible for them because reasons. If they say that weinstein is worse than a gang of organized rapists from another country i want you remember that weinstein is white
Wulfscgile wrote:you dont get it qatz. Women are simultaneously victims who need protection from everythign but they should also lead everything. They can be men if they want to be but still count as women. They cannot tell a lie, its impossible for them because reasons. If they say that weinstein is worse than a gang of organized rapists from another country i want you remember that weinstein is white
Are you always such a misogynist, or only on Wednesdays?

- Women need to be protected from sexual assault and sexual harassment. Men should, as well.

- Women want to have the same equality of opportunity, as men. Men and women should be counted equally.

- Women lie no more than men do. The incidence of false claims on sexual assault/harassment occurs at the same rate as false claims on any other crime.

- Weinstein's colour is irrelevant, unless you're claiming to be a victim. Is that your goal?
Last edited by Godstud on 22 Apr 2020 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Are you always such a misogynist, or only on Wednesdays?

is there something wrong with what i said? I love seeing a brave womyn suplex high school girls after realizing that they too are a womyn. its social justice, put those mean white chicks in their places on the mat
Godstud wrote:Are you always such a misogynist, or only on Wednesdays?

- Women need to be protected from sexual assault and sexual harassment. Men should, as well.

- Women want to have the same equality of opportunity, as men. Men and women should be counted equally.

- Women lie no more than men do. The incidence of false claims on sexual assault/harassment occurs at the same rate as false claims on any other crime.

- Weinstein's colour is irrelevant, unless you're claiming to be a victim. Is that your goal?

ok bro lets do this. no shirts

ok no never mind i actually read the thing you are saying that we shouldnt believe all women. fuk this mysogynistic shit im out
:lol: Greco-Roman, or pugilism?

No. Reactionary clap-trap. I said that the false claims of sexual assault occur as often as with any crime. I can understand the confusion if English is not your first language.

I argue for realism, not for fantasy.
you are arguing for misogyny because you are saying that we should not believe all womyn. its not complicated. you either believe all womyn or you dont
No, @Wulfschilde, it's not simply black or white. It's not all or nothing.

We need to give women the benefit of the doubt and take all sexual assault/harassment cases seriously. That does not mean there is a predetermined guilt placed upon men. It merely means that we need to consider it to be an honest claim. The tendency is for many to assume some ulterior motive.

We also can't have a bias against women, in these legal battles. (eg. Like saying a women was "asking for it", by the way they dressed, or acted is the same as saying a man deserved to be beat up because he had a shirt off, and was asking for it.)

Naturally, if the claim turns out to be false, counter-law suits happen. This is already in the criminal code, though(eg. Perjury).

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]

@FiveofSwords About 12 different genes control[…]

The report is about whether the UNRWA, as an inst[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]