3.28 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week due - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Market Watch is reporting "...The number of Americans who applied for unemployment benefits last week rocketed to a record 3.28 million as large parts of the U.S. economy shut down and companies laid off scores of workers..."

This is only the tip of the iceberg. The DOW is going to continue to rise regardless of these numbers for a short period of time because the Fed and Trump are telling the "Market" don't pay attention to the numbers and the stimulus pkg. will halt the decline. Of course intelligent, non-Maga Cult members no better than that. The market will begin to slump once the initial stimulus money is spent and more people are laid off.

The stimulus pkg. is a band aid and the money required to support those now laid off, soon to be laid off will climb exponentially over the next few weeks. The government is going to be pressed into coming up with packages for relief every few weeks to support the population and the economy and that is just not possible. Our government does not have or take in that kind of money.

This administration is going to have to reach out to other nations on the mend or revived and ask for help. It may be our only hope. That's what allies do, they help one another. Trumps Nationalist ideologies are a detriment to this nations survival at this stage of the crisis.

2020 and a new Democratic President, Senate and House of Representatives can't get here soon enough in my one small blue votes opinion.

Source: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-rec ... quote_news
Yeah, seen the numbers. Tip of the iceberg I suspect. Waiting for the rest of the dominos to fall now. The unemployment graph is something special but not in a good way. Trumps needs to start some serious infrastructure programs to get people back to work with his $2tn. But he'll just give businesses tax breaks I suspect because he is useless and a Crony.
B0ycey wrote:Yeah, seen the numbers. Tip of the iceberg I suspect. Waiting for the rest of the dominos to fall now. The unemployment graph is something special but not in a good way. Trumps needs to start some serious infrastructure programs to get people back to work with his $2tn. But he'll just give businesses tax breaks I suspect because he is useless and a Crony.

That's a fact. He's already allowing for a quarter of the $ to be spent on unsupervised and free for all Corporate bail outs. This trickle down thing GOPers have in their head is just so illogical. Have you ever noticed that every time a republican administration and senate/house is in charge the nation goes to seed and then returns to working order only after the Democrats take it back? Fact. Check the record.

Anyway, I suspect we will see quite a roller coaster ride until we can begin to flatten the Covid19 curve and a new Democratic administration takes over.

PS: Trump new January 19th, 2020 that we were heading for a crisis with the first Covid19 case being reported but played it down because of his precious market and election base. Now, the nation is in dire straights because of it. Trump's administration was not prepared and by wiping out the pandemic agencies he put the entire nation at risk of destruction. Talk about a chaos devil.
TheBlueLedger wrote:Anyway, I suspect we will see quite a roller coaster ride until we can begin to flatten the Covid19 curve and a new Democratic administration takes over.

A rollercoaster suggests there be some ups. I only see downs. And I don't think people realise where we are now or have even considered the economy at all with this pandemic, but this might open some eyes.

Nonetheless if we have a "V" shaped dip I will shake my head in disbelief and be pleasantly surprised. But these unemployment figures have just blown the cover off the so called "Trump employment bubble". Clearly it was based on low paid, zero hour, temporary contracts within the service sector. And now people are being laid off because nobody is spending. It is up to Trump to get them back to work because I don't think spending is going up anytime soon even after this crisis is over. And he can start with a "new deal". The $2tn is better spent on the benefit of society and the unemployed than lining his crony buddies pockets.

Nonetheless Sanders looks good about now. There was a reason FDR served four terms. And it wasn't because be gave tax cuts to the land ownership during the depression. He created jobs with his Keyneian policies and that is why he was loved even in blighty. Sanders is very much like FDR. Is Biden? I don't know. Democrats and Republicans are the same to me. Only the rosettes are different. But I would at least give him a chance to prove me wrong. Trump keeps proving he isn't the man under a crisis. And if he sends everyone back to work after Easter after he started the health policy path, he has proven that he is also decisive.
jimjam wrote:@TheBlueLedger

Get with the program please. Donald has just informed us that everything will be just fine come Easter.

Yep, and the churches will be packed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rancid wrote:Do we think Trump supporters will get the short end of this deal?

Most likely. But it will damage a lot of non-Maga peoples lives as well. Trump doesn't care though, so long as he keeps his $$$$$$$ in tact and his billionaire and lost soul base supporters happy.
B0ycey wrote:A rollercoaster suggests there be some ups. I only see downs. And I don't think people realise where we are now or have even considered the economy at all with this pandemic, but this might open some eyes.

Nonetheless if we have a "V" shaped dip I will shake my head in disbelief and be pleasantly surprised. But these unemployment figures have just blown the cover off the so called "Trump employment bubble". Clearly it was based on low paid, zero hour, temporary contracts within the service sector. And now people are being laid off because nobody is spending. It is up to Trump to get them back to work because I don't think spending is going up anytime soon even after this crisis is over. And he can start with a "new deal". The $2tn is better spent on the benefit of society and the unemployed than lining his crony buddies pockets.

Nonetheless Sanders looks good about now. There was a reason FDR served four terms. And it wasn't because be gave tax cuts to the land ownership during the depression. He created jobs with his Keyneian policies and that is why he was loved even in blighty. Sanders is very much like FDR. Is Biden? I don't know. Democrats and Republicans are the same to me. Only the rosettes are different. But I would at least give him a chance to prove me wrong. Trump keeps proving he isn't the man under a crisis. And if he sends everyone back to work after Easter after he started the health policy path, he has proven that he is also decisive.

Didn't you mean to say indecisive as in erratic?
B0ycey wrote:Sorry @TheBlueLedger, you're correct. Mistake on my part. You will get on well with Potemkin. He has a keen eye for grammatical errors as well.

Oh no. I wasn't criticizing I was agreeing with the sentiment and just adding to it with another word. Sorry for the mix up. I'd never criticize someone else grammar. Mine is atrocious at times and people who live in glass houses and all like me can't very well correct someone else. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
TheBlueLedger wrote:Oh no. I wasn't criticizing I was agreeing with the sentiment and just adding to it with another word. Sorry for the mix up. I'd never criticize someone else grammar. Mine is atrocious at times and people who live in glass houses and all like me can't very well correct someone else. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me when he does it either. It is the perils of typing on a phone and not proof reading. And I have no issue with bad grammar either. If I can understand the post, I am happy to read it. And from your limited posts, I can tell you have a contribution on PoFo.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 The CIA has not been involved in Cent[…]

Telling blatant lies will not help your hasbara c[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]