Coronavirus exposed a huge gap between the media and the American people - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15079916
Coronavirus exposed a huge gap between the media and the American people

I like Trump for his positions on illegal immigration and trade, but beyond that it's his ability to expose the media/DNC nexus that I think have made for a lasting impact on US history. This guy points it out. It's still sort of amazing to me that the establishment doesn't see this about themselves.

In fact, the true polarization in American life is not between Republican and Democratic voters, but between the American electorate and its representatives in government and in the media, who exist in a radically polarizing feedback loop that has disconnected them from the American people like two moons orbiting each other that have lost the centripetal pull to the planet they once circled.
#15080145


CBS showed stock video allegedly from somewhere in Italy and presented it to be footage from New York. This isn't much different than the media takin the Covingtong Catholic High School video footage out of context. These media agencies are far more powerful than the president or any other agency.

CBS Used Fake COVID Video: 'NY Hospital' Footage Was From Italy's Hardest-Hit City

There’s little doubt that many in the establishment media are trying to turn the coronavirus pandemic into their own windfall against President Donald Trump, and it’s becoming apparent some have resorted to using fake news to do it.

Case in point: a CBS News broadcast Wednesday about the shortfall of ventilators in the state of New York.

The report from CBS correspondent David Begnaud opens with him talking about how New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the federal government isn’t doing enough in the face of the coronavirus emergency, apparently walking back his previous praise.

In a little rhyme that makes him sound like an infomercial charlatan, Begnaud said the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s sending only 400 ventilators to the state “isn’t matching the urgency of the emergency.”

The story went on to chronicle how New York City is especially hard-hit. “Crowded subway cars may have accelerated the spread,” Begnaud said over footage of a packed subway car, where a rider was wearing a blue medical mask (more on that later).

Next, Begnaud voiced over footage of a hospital room full of patients hooked up to ventilators. They lay in hospital beds clustered side by side as medical personnel in serious protective gear attended to them, driving home the dire straits in which New York City finds itself.

There’s only one problem: The footage is not from New York City.

In fact, it isn’t even from the United States; it’s from Bergamo, the Italian city hardest-hit by COVID-19. The footage can be seen here in a Sky News report March 22 about a critical shortage of ventilators in northern Italy.

Sure, it’s possible a producer used the wrong footage when putting the piece together, but given the alarmist tone of the story and its apparent pleading of the Democratic governor’s case, one has to wonder where “mistake” ends and “fake news” begins.

But wait, there’s more (we’ll stick in that infomercial trope as a nod to Begnaud).

After the Italian hospital footage ended, the clip switched to a visibly angry Cuomo, who shouted, “What am I going to do with 400 ventilators when I need 30,000? You pick the 26,000 people who are going to die because you only sent 400 ventilators.”
You didn’t read that wrong; Cuomo was just a little off in his calculations, as only 400 ventilators would mean that 29,600 patients would be left without one — assuming, of course, that his premise was even correct.

Apparently, CBS News is just as lousy at math as MSNBC and The New York Times, as Begnaud did nothing to correct the governor’s numbers. With such questionable knowledge of both geography and mathematics, the viewer is left to wonder what other facts the network is sloppy about verifying.
#15080165
Patrickov wrote:Does the said media include Fox News, for instance? I do agree that believing in any media (paper, TV, etc.) is bad, but by saying that I do refer pro-Trump media as well.

The point is to have and apply the ability of determining what is factual and accurate and what's not.


Sure. The inception of Fox News is when the left dominated media went insane, lost control of the propaganda, and started losing their credibility. They have never recovered from it.
#15080187
Finfinder wrote:Sure. The inception of Fox News is when the left dominated media went insane, lost control of the propaganda, and started losing their credibility. They have never recovered from it.


Let's put things to a perspective.

In China / Hong Kong, People's Daily and Global Times are nothing more than Communist propaganda machine (and both are left media). This does not automatically mean Apple Daily and Epoch Times (both anti-Communist) are good media.

Similarly, left media like, say, CNN, being bad, does not mean Fox News is automatically good. However, many here seem to believe that.
#15080266
Hollywood has been manufacturing racism against "all other nations" since it was created. The "bad guys" are from "the wrong nations," drive "the wrong vehicles," use "the wrong smartphone brands," etc.

Today, even the POTUS promotes racism by calling a virus "Chinese."

So yes, mass media really is poison. Not just now, but always has been. And if you've watched a lot of it, or associate with people who do watch a lot of it (we all know people who are media-addicts), then you have already been poisoned.

Look at rich, media-addled countries "dealing" with a pandemic, not with solidarity with other nations, but with racist smearing, and a furthering of "sanctions" that are genocidal.

This article explores the "wealthy, sophisticated, and very rich" USA's use of the virus for smearing other people that it officially wants to fail or suffer:

Vijay Prashad, Du Xiaojun – Weiyan Zhu wrote:In the recent period, we have seen a range of panzootic avian flu such as H1N1, H5Nx, H5N2 and H5N6. Even though H5N2 was known to have originated in the United States, it was not known as the “American virus” and no-one sought to stigmatize the United States for it. The scientific name was used to describe these viruses, which are not the responsibility of this or that nation; the arrival of these viruses raises the more fundamental question of human encroachment into forests and the balance between human civilization (agriculture and cities) and the wilds.


In fact, evidence showed that the Spanish Flu began in the United States, in a military base in Kansas where the chickens transmitted the virus to soldiers. It would then travel to British India, where 60 percent of the casualties of that pandemic took place. It was never named the “American Flu” and no Indian government has ever sought to recover costs from the United States because of the animal-to-human transmission that happened there.


Thank capitalist media for your own ignorance of the world, and your finance-programmed racism.
#15080291
I don't trust anything coming out of media, academia, or the public health establishment about coronavirus or anything else. They're all proven liars a thousand times over. And not just little CYA lies, we're talking big, fucked up, crazy fucking babbitt lies that are so insane that people believe them because they can't believe anyone is capable of that kind of audacity.
#15080297
Sivad wrote:I don't trust anything coming out of media, academia, or the public health establishment about coronavirus or anything else. They're all proven liars a thousand times over. And not just little CYA lies, we're talking big, fucked up, crazy fucking babbitt lies that are so insane that people believe them because they can't believe anyone is capable of that kind of audacity.


lol are you even social distancing
#15080309
Patrickov wrote:Let's put things to a perspective.

In China / Hong Kong, People's Daily and Global Times are nothing more than Communist propaganda machine (and both are left media). This does not automatically mean Apple Daily and Epoch Times (both anti-Communist) are good media.

Similarly, left media like, say, CNN, being bad, does not mean Fox News is automatically good. However, many here seem to believe that.


You missed the point Americans never had an alternative from the liberal dominated media stations. Fox News does not have a nightly news broadcasted nationally on antenna TV only local news, you have to cable to get Fox news programming.

Patrickov wrote:Similarly, left media like, say, CNN, being bad, does not mean Fox News is automatically good. However, many here seem to believe that.


Well the ratings say different, and ratings would tend reward a more credible news product. It's not a coincidence that many seem "to believe" its a better product.
Last edited by Finfinder on 31 Mar 2020 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
#15080310
Finfinder wrote:You missed the point Americans never had an alternative from the liberal dominated media stations. Fox News does not have a nightly news broadcasted nationally on antenna TV only local news, you have to cable to get Fox news programming.


With the advent of Internet, I doubt whether it is still necessary to have cable in order to access Fox News. That said, Americans should have plenty of alternatives available with the Internet now dominating the media platform instead of TV.
#15080311
Patrickov wrote:With the advent of Internet, I doubt whether it is still necessary to have cable in order to access Fox News. That said, Americans should have plenty of alternatives available with the Internet now dominating the media platform instead of TV.


What is your point then? My comments are more accurate in terms of "putting this in perspective. "
Last edited by Finfinder on 31 Mar 2020 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
#15080317
Patrickov wrote:My point is that "alternative" media like Fox News is not necessarily a viable or credible alternative. Just because the left media is bad doesn't mean their opponents are good. However, many of us seem to believe that whoever opposing our enemy are automatically good.



Um No your logic is wrong. The ratings in fact prove it. Yes it kind of does mean there opponents are good.
When you lie and produce fake news people don't watch it. It's a logical conclusion even though in chat rooms and echo chambers the liberals have gaslight that Fox News is bad. If liberals don't like it well there is a good reason for it, and they have been exposed and flailing ever since there has been more choices.

[KS mod note: Posts discussing religion and evol[…]

Election 2020

To many big words for you? I just skip over the […]

Best you can do? Sad. Very sad. You have a ba[…]

Yeah we got rid of polio, but are vaccines worth […]