Planet of the Humans Controversial film among lefties - Page 27 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Julian658 wrote:As for inequality: Welcome to the real world, humans are not equal. It is therefore impossible to reach equality.

"Equality" is not the same thing as "sameness."

And inequality of treatment and of opportunity... creates hatred and mistrust, and can destroy the harmony necessary for any human to live a good life.

The question that Tainari88 opened up was regarding the state-funding of purely artistic practices in order to allow creative types to live out their entire lives practicing their artistic field. And since this is the Green Future of Humanity thread now, I only expressed my concern that the state should NOT create a class of individuals who don't have to provide any of the basics of life to their comrades.

Obviously culture is hugely important as part of both entertainment and socialization, as well as for the proliferation of new insights. But state-funding of culture is NOT the same thing as culture itself. State-funding of culture has lead us to Hollywood and cartoons for kids produced by the State Department.
QatzelOk wrote:"Equality" is not the same thing as "sameness."

Great! Some people do not get that simple concept.

And inequality of treatment and of opportunity... creates hatred and mistrust, and can destroy the harmony necessary for any human to live a good life.

In a society where everybody has equal opportunity is easy to achieve. The problem is that many look at the outcome and decide there must be discrimination because of the outcome. This viewpoint is erroneous and yet is commonly applied in a very erratic manner. IN America most US Senators are men. Some feminists belief the senate should be 50% female. The problem with these type of thinking is that perhaps many women do not want to put up with working long hours and been away from home from the children. BTW, 99% of the bricklayers are men. Does that mean women are discriminated or that perhaps most women have no interest in that profession.

The question that Tainari88 opened up was regarding the state-funding of purely artistic practices in order to allow creative types to live out their entire lives practicing their artistic field. And since this is the Green Future of Humanity thread now, I only expressed my concern that the state should NOT create a class of individuals who don't have to provide any of the basics of life to their comrades.

Do you realize that the concept of the state being in charge of our lives is not attractive to many people? Nevertheless, I am all for art education in public school, however as artists go only one in a million tend to produce quality art. So I assume you are talking about a hobby.

Obviously culture is hugely important as part of both entertainment and socialization, as well as for the proliferation of new insights. But state-funding of culture is NOT the same thing as culture itself. State-funding of culture has lead us to Hollywood and cartoons for kids produced by the State Department.

Whose culture?

The notion that one’s culture is superior to all others solely because it represents the traditions of one’s ancestors, is regarded as chauvinism if claimed by a majority—but as “ethnic” pride if claimed by a minority.
About equality not being the same as sameness, Julian658 wrote:Great! Some people do not get that simple concept.

Yes, they do. Everyone gets this simple concept.

But the powers-that-be have muddied the water by suggesting (in all mass media) that our differences make any kind of equality impossible. This is a BIG LIE meant to justify ("explain") why some people who do nothing have hundreds of times more stuff and opportunities than others who work harder and are a lot smarter.

The problem is that many look at the outcome and decide there must be discrimination because of the outcome.

If the outcome is negative or harmful, then there is discrimination. Looking at the world as it is now (outcome)... is a good way of determining how good our systems are. Why do you ignore reality (outcome) and concentrate on the ideological notions that float in your head? Have they been implanted with such force that your own life observations have been crushed?

Whose culture?

Once again, I will remind you that your are commenting on my opinion regarding the community-funding of cultural institutions in a post-capitalist world.

My problem with state-funding of culture is that

1. it can lead to a plastic fake culture of commercial dreams like we have now.

2. it can drain resources from the basic needs of one large group in order to create a small oligarchy of cultural prima donnas who produce a kind of bottled culture that is meant to please their sponsors - either government or billionaire.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]