Planet of the Humans Controversial film among lefties - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Well folks, the problem now becomes that the Climate change people don't know how to think about solving environmental change issues without capitalist growth models.

Time to talk about radical ways of thinking about fixing the Planet of the Humans--produced by Michael Moore who doesn't direct this film. It is Jeff Gibbs who directs it.

What is the issue? Addicted to constant growth. What model is that? Capitalism. Addicted to corporate control? What model is that? Capitalist. Got to stop thinking about capitalism underlying control models.

What is the solution?

It was good. Much of the information wasn't new but more attention needs to be focused on the investment community and the dependency of asset allocation on big oil.

Sivad wrote:The only way to save the planet is forced sterilization, extreme rationing, and total resource despotism. If we don't submit to total domination by our technocratic overlords the planet is doomed.

What did you think of the film? I heard right-wing tardbags and emotional invalids loved it and were surprised Michael Moore produced it.
Sivad wrote:The only way to save the planet is forced sterilization, extreme rationing, and total resource despotism. If we don't submit to total domination by our technocratic overlords the planet is doomed.

For the love of God the Earth is an inanimate insignificant planet that is sentenced to die in in 3 billion years;,maybe less. Before the Earth dies humans will be extinct. The fertility rate has started to become down in the world. In relationship to the mass of the universe the Earth is insignificant. Let me put it this way one drop of water with respect to the oceans is a trillion times larger than the Earth with respect to the universe.
Last edited by Julian658 on 01 May 2020 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
I started watching and felt it covered familiar ground so I quit early. Many environmentalists are warming up to nuclear because renewables are too diffuse, unreliable and intermittent to operate without fossil fuel backups making all the environmental sacrifices made for them largely pointless.
Plus, governments have already invested billions, perhaps trillions, into nuclear energy. Mostly to find more convenient ways of killing us, but whatever, we still paid all that money into R&D.

The only downside with nuclear, and I think this is a good thing but I understand why western conservatives do not, is that we are basically going to give away nuclear technologies to everyone including Muslims.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Plus, governments have already invested billions, perhaps trillions, into nuclear energy. Mostly to find more convenient ways of killing us, but whatever, we still paid all that money into R&D.

The only downside with nuclear, and I think this is a good thing but I understand why western conservatives do not, is that we are basically going to give away nuclear technologies to everyone including Muslims.

As known by most in the center this is classic left wing pragmatism. They are using climate change as the vehicle to end capitalism and create a 19th century commune. Michael Moore made it clear. Capitalism is causing climate change due excessive economic growth.

The Earth population will peak at 10 to 11 billion and then it will go down big time. In the 22nd century governments will beg women to have children.
Last edited by Julian658 on 01 May 2020 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Donna wrote:What did you think of the film? I heard right-wing tardbags and emotional invalids loved it and were surprised Michael Moore produced it.

I just think it's funny it took you people this long to figure out "green" energy is a giant con. It's also funny that you needed Michael Moore to clue you in because none of you are capable of independent thought.
AFAIK wrote:I started watching and felt it covered familiar ground so I quit early. Many environmentalists are warming up to nuclear because renewables are too diffuse, unreliable and intermittent to operate without fossil fuel backups making all the environmental sacrifices made for them largely pointless.

They also require enormous economic sacrifice, that'll be the next big prog dink revelation. Like five years from now Michael Moore will tell you what the rest of us have known all along and you'll only believe it because Michael Moore told you so. :lol:
I don't think dooming the human race to extinction to avoid having to do the very hard work of healing what is wrong is the answer folks.

Got to work very very hard now on solutions to these enormous problems.

I find Dr. Vananda Shiva a fascinating woman full of great ideas.

There are many like her in the world. After all? We got billions of human beings, millions of educated people, millions of people who dedicate themselves to solving very difficult problems. We got super computers who can project outcomes and what might work. Use the advances but not for some short term pro profit elitist gain, but the entire human group of people struggling to make a better life in every nation of the world.

This pandemic is a result of encroachment of human beings into wild lands and biodiverse eco systems. The explanation of how this happens is in the content of a very interesting fairly short documentary on Netflix entitled Coronavirus, I suggest you watch it. It explains in very clear language why these viruses will always co-exist with us and what sort of actions one must take to avoid creating problems.

Again, my model of not fighting nature and trying to eradicate what has always co-existed with us is the answer to these challenges.

This means putting caps on spending on shit that is not worth your money or your time. False ostentatious consumption just for show needs to be strongly discouraged.

Also no more compromising with capitalist industries who only care about short term goals, using the same growth models, expansion models and corporate structures to control the world. Got to isolate and dismantle them strongly. It is a century fight. I would say at least four generations to get rid of those Devils. When the American Civil War broke out and the Northern Unionists won? The need to keep punishing the Confederacy was a futile thing. Those people were used to their lifestyle and their need to keep seeing other human beings as livestock and cattle and chattel slavery mentality was so deeply embedded? It would take about a century to finally get the thing to start functioning. From 1863-1963 is a century. In 1964 is when the Civil Rights Act was passed by the Johnson administration and the US congress after enormous pressure and changes that made the sixties such a tumultous period in American history. It took bloody assassinations and conflict to make it happen.

Getting rid of the Capitalists bent on the growth models and profit only and corporate-don't-tax-me mentality? Without nationalistic boundaries and with the need to destroy democratic traditions in nations? That is going to take about the same. I would say the year 2120 you shall see an end to these pro capitalist destruction models. But if you can get the ones causing the worse damage to be contained severely and fast track the cooperative models like Mondragon and others? Have worker driven government being done efficiently in most sectors of the economy? You will succeed in detaining the mass extinction problem. If you fail to do nothing by being cynics and doom and gloom only with no spirit of fighting for your future generations? You will have allowed our species to struggle without any real manifestation.

What is the purpose of human life? A big question. In the movie Planet of the Humans there was a person who said that our destiny was extinction. It is. But that is not the purpose of human life? The purpose of human life like all organisms that live from nature and the natural world and who are here to manifest their natural development within the context of natural law and the rules of a loop system that is alive like planet Earth is? Is very simple. To become the BEST representation of our species and to give the world back what we have taken from it. To love it for giving us life and to treat it and each other with the respect such a creative and infinite system uses to constantly renew itself.

Look at the birds here in the Yucatan? I sit now and every morning thinking about what to write about @skinster and many other pofoers, and this place in the Yucatan peninsula--was the place the meteor hit millions of years ago. It hit this spot. About twenty minutes drive from this city. It killed off the dinosaurs, drove the rivers and streams underground, flattened any mountains there were existing before and the dinosaurs became mal adapted to such terrain. They died in droves. That is why near here in Tabasco state and others there are such huge oil reserves because many dinosaurs left their carcasses there underground. After millions of years of land building up over the dead bodies of the dinosaurs. Making them this liquid black crude mass. We live off that energy now for about a century.

Where did those dinosaurs go? As dinosaurs they died off. But they re-emerged as birds. This region has vast bird variations of species. A lot of birds and different kinds, including the rare and sacred Quetzal. Quetzal is the word for bird in Nahuatl and also in the Mayan language. It also means feathered or feather. Quetzalcoatl is two opposite things. Quetzal=feather or bird, and coatl=snake. Feathered snake. Snakes don't have feathers and don't fly at all. So? Why call a God a feathered serpent. They do it bringing two separate concepts into one. Sky and Earth. Seeming opposites but how would you notice the sky and air and flying and freedom, if you don't notice the earth and dragging yourself close to the earth and being grounded and not flying at all. Slow moving and labored? The dinosaurs became something not earth bound anymore after the catastrophe. They joined the ones flying around far from the ground they died in.

That is a clue to what will become of the Planet of the Humans. We might not be humans anymore, but if we struggle enough to make it through a catastrophe we guarantee we shall become something new and something wondrous. But without fighting for it? And allowing the best of our human nature to reach its peak manifestation of what our potential is? We never will find out. Got to be at least as resilient as the dinosaurs eh? I think we are and more. How about you?
Sivad wrote:
The only way to save the planet is forced sterilization, extreme rationing, and total resource despotism. If we don't submit to total domination by our technocratic overlords the planet is doomed.

'You first'.

Provide some leadership on this and show us how it's done, by being the first volunteer.
Julian658 wrote:
For the love of God the Earth is an inanimate insignificant planet that is sentenced to die in in 3 billion years;,maybe less. Before the Earth dies humans will be extinct. The fertility rate has started to become down in the world. In relationship to the mass of the universe the Earth is insignificant. Let me put it this way one drop of water with respect to the oceans is a trillion times larger than the Earth with respect to the universe.

But UFOs, bro.

x D
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Plus, governments have already invested billions, perhaps trillions, into nuclear energy. Mostly to find more convenient ways of killing us, but whatever, we still paid all that money into R&D.

For the record, thorium -- (everyone please look into it).

And just how much are you getting paid to switch your politics around, POD?

Is the threat supposed to be 'nuclear jihad'? Really?

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

It is interesting you ignored all the other measu[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]