CrowdStrike admits they have no evidence Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

late wrote:You keep saying it doesn't exist.

That might be schizophrenia talking, or perhaps you have me confused with someone else. I've never said such an initiative didn't exist. I just pointed out to you that governments have relied on my work in an information security context.

Hardening servers and configuring firewalls isn't as difficult as you think.

Man-in-the-middle phishing attacks and spear phishing have been the Russian MO for a long time.
blackjack21 wrote:
That might be schizophrenia talking, or perhaps you have me confused with someone else. I've never said such an initiative didn't exist.

"Russian intelligence provided disinformation to Christopher Steele.."

You create fiction. A fake story that, if taken seriously, obliterates reality.

I'll give you this much, it's absurd BS, but it's well written.

The reality is that the Magnitsky Act hurt Putin where he lives, and he's been on a rampage since.

"Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated five entities and 19 individuals under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) as well as Executive Order (E.O.) 13694, “Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities,” as amended, and codified pursuant to CAATSA.

“The Administration is confronting and countering malign Russian cyber activity, including their attempted interference in U.S. elections, destructive cyber-attacks, and intrusions targeting critical infrastructure,” said Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin. “These targeted sanctions are a part of a broader effort to address the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia. Treasury intends to impose additional CAATSA sanctions, informed by our intelligence community, to hold Russian government officials and oligarchs accountable for their destabilizing activities by severing their access to the U.S. financial system.”

Today’s action counters Russia’s continuing destabilizing activities, ranging from interference in the 2016 U.S. election to conducting destructive cyber-attacks, including the NotPetya attack, a cyber-attack attributed to the Russian military on February 15, 2018 in statements released by the White House and the British Government. This cyber-attack was the most destructive and costly cyber-attack in history. The attack resulted in billions of dollars in damage across Europe, Asia, and the United States, and significantly disrupted global shipping, trade, and the production of medicines."

Unfortunately, Mnuchin did a half assed job, but that's a story for another thread.

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm0312
late wrote:You create fiction. A fake story that, if taken seriously, obliterates reality.

That's established now.

late wrote:The reality is that the Magnitsky Act hurt Putin where he lives, and he's been on a rampage since.

Ok. Whatever. I could care less about Putin.

The point of skinster's thread, however, is that all these people from the deep state were going on the news and accusing Trump of treason, etc., but privately they were testifying under oath in the SCIF that they had seen no evidence of Trump or his campaign personnel colluding with Russia. The whole thing was a hoax.
blackjack21 wrote:
The whole thing was a hoax.

BS, actually, it's the pathetic type like the fake cellar in the pizza place.

But, hey, while you know better, there has to be somebody somewhere gullible enough to let themselves be gaslit.

You have no counterargument to the various facts raised, so you just repeat your mental diarrhea...

Russia's Kompromat on Trump goes back a long ways. There has been about a dozen types of support. These things are facts. Mueller said Trump was not exonerated, which means this should be taken up in court once Trump is no longer president.
late wrote:BS, actually, it's the pathetic type like the fake cellar in the pizza place.

The fake cellar story was just the deep state disseminating disinformation and then debunking their own disinformation.

late wrote:But, hey, while you know better, there has to be somebody somewhere gullible enough to let themselves be gaslit.

That's pretty much anyone watching CNN, MSNBC and much of the so-called mainstream media.

late wrote:You have no counterargument to the various facts raised, so you just repeat your mental diarrhea...

The argument is that people like Brennan would accuse Trump of treason on the public airwaves, but in the SCIF he'd testify under oath that he had no evidence of any collusion whatsoever. His public statements and his private statements were completely the opposite of each other.

late wrote:Russia's Kompromat on Trump goes back a long ways.

So what?

late wrote:Mueller said Trump was not exonerated, which means this should be taken up in court once Trump is no longer president.

Trump was not charged with anything either, and as noted by the Mueller report itself, collusion is not a crime.

jimjam wrote:BJ has been paid off by trump and he is rolling in the only thing of importance to him: $$$$$$$

Ha! Have you seen Nancy Pelosi's latest stimulus package? She wants to roll back Trump's tax increase (SALT limitations) on the rich. That would save me about $10k a year.

skinster wrote:You guys were promoting the Russiagate fairytale coming from CrowdStrike once upon a time. Now you're denying what they say when they say they don't have any evidence to prove what they initially claimed?

:lol:

Right. More importantly, what they testified to under oath in the SCIF is the direct opposite of what many said in public. @late has also been one to point out that the intelligence agencies echoed CrowdStrike's public statement, never examined the DNC server themselves, AND likely had access to their sworn testimony given in the SCIF saying exactly the opposite. In other words, they've been lying and/or misleading the public.
blackjack21 wrote:

Trump was not charged with anything either,

and as noted by the Mueller report itself, collusion is not a crime.

As Mueller point out, he couldn't. He also said the report did not exonerate Trump. That's lawyer talk for guilty as hell.

Collusion is not, but what it implies is.

Just one honest prosecutor...
late wrote:As Mueller point out, he couldn't. He also said the report did not exonerate Trump. That's lawyer talk for guilty as hell.

Collusion is not, but what it implies is.

Just one honest prosecutor...

You need a defined crime to prosecute someone. Their pathetic impeachment failed for the same reason.
skinster wrote: they say they don't have any evidence to prove what they initially claimed

Crowdstrike didn't say there was no evidence. Henry testified Crowdstrike had "high confidence" that the system was hacked, that the activity within the system was consistent with methods known to be used by the Russian state, and that there was only circumstantial evidence for "exfiltration".

None of this is new information, anyone who has followed this closely from the beginning knew that the case was extremely weak and that Crowdstrike had a track record for getting things completely wrong. All the transcript provides is further confirmation that the deep state and the fake news have wildly exaggerated the strength of evidence.
late wrote:If Trump can stonewall Congress there is no oversight, and no rule of law...

If the rule of law depends on those breaking it to provide the evidence to the prosecutor and then testify to its validity, there is no rule of law. You have to prove your case. Defendants are presumed innocent, and they have the right to remain silent. Either you can prove your case without their cooperation or you cannot. In Trump's case, you cannot. Don't blame the rule of law for your own shortcomings.
blackjack21 wrote:
Either you can prove your case without their cooperation or you cannot. In Trump's case, you cannot. Don't blame the rule of law for your own shortcomings.

Still with the fiction..

First, while Trump is president, there can be no case.

Second, while Trump can improperly deny information to Congress, there can be no case.

The only thing missing here is the ability of a honest prosecutor to get the evidence, the conviction will follow as assuredly as dawn arriving in the morning. Which is what we should get in a few months time.
late wrote:Second, while Trump can improperly deny information to Congress, there can be no case.

Criminal defendants cannot be compelled to testify against themselves. If you want to gather evidence, you must do it yourself. Get a warrant and name the pieces of evidence you want to seize.

late wrote:The only thing missing here is the ability of a honest prosecutor to get the evidence

The honesty of the prosecutor is immaterial. If the prosecutor cannot get a warrant to obtain the evidence, and cannot compel the defendant to testify, there is no case.

late wrote:the conviction will follow as assuredly as dawn arriving in the morning.

Maybe in some Mukhabarat-run state. In a country where a defendant is presumed innocent, has a right to confront his accusers, has the right to compel witnesses to his defense, has a right to be informed of the nature and cause of the charges against him, has the right to be represented by counsel, cannot be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law, cannot be compelled to testify against himself, and is to remain secure in his papers and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, the prosecutor--whether honest or not--has a high bar to overcome in prosecuting anyone, especially someone of station and means to wage an affirmative defense.

late wrote:Which is what we should get in a few months time.

It's always just around the bend, isn't it? Hope is a powerful emotion, but in your case, I'm afraid it will be followed by despair.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]