China's Parliament to Discuss Draft Hong Kong National Security Law - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I understand this is a sensitive topic for anglophiles byut there have been 0 deaths in hong kong from law and order enforcement actions by the central government, I don't understand the bombing reference. And no I didn't move to the UK, I moved to Australia.

Hong Kong was moving towards democracy, which is what the CCP is trying to crush.

I would have hoped that by now 'moving towards democracy' in this context simply means continuation and or/initialization of western imperialism. 2001-onward proves it concretely. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen and the color revolutions in Bolivia, Ukraine, Georgia etc...NONE of these countries are better off now than they were pre-'democracy'.

Hong Kong was never more democratic than it was post-handover, where it gained a new level of autonomy under beijing so 'moving towards democracy' in this context simply means moving back under foreign rule. It doesn't matter anyway, the majority of hong kongs population want no part of this continuation of western imperialism in east asia. Under China hong kong will have many more avenues opened to it, see the worlds largest free trade bloc about to be signed in 2 days.
noemon wrote:Igor Antunov was personally bombed by the US in Yugoslavia and became a refugee in Australia.

Which I hadn't heard until now. I feel sorry for that.

However, his view is essentially in support of similar happenings on other innocent people, and frankly, why he got bombed in the first place was that the government of the country he then resided was not righteous.

I will not give a damn when US bombers bomb the hell out of this place in order to punish our power abusers, because essentially they asked for it.

Or at least, I hope myself not to.
Patrickov wrote:However, his view is essentially in support of similar happenings on other innocent people, and frankly, why he got bombed in the first place was that the government of the country he then resided was not righteous.

Yugoslavia was nowhere near as evil as China.

In Yugoslavia, the constituent republics had a lot more freedom and political autonomy than Hong Kong does today, even after the "evil Milosevic reforms". Heck they even had more democratic freedom than Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales have today in the UK, again this remains true even when accounting for the Milosevic reforms.
The reforms taken by the Yugoslavian government, took place democratically and not by fascist dictat or violence.
These democratic reforms were met with bullets & violence by the then rebel constituent republics. Certain "republics" like Bosnia & Kossovo were not even republics but Serbian provinces that had an autonomous existence for as little as a single decade(1974 for Kossovo, 1946 for Bosnia), not the 200 something years that separate China & Hong Kong!!!

While US analysts proclaimed the success of the US at the time as the "end of history", in hindsight we can trace the beginning of the end of the US right there. Making war in Europe after decades, inciting, funding and creating from scratch rebel elements in a country that was democratic & decent. That was the 1st American hubris after the fall of the Soviet Union and also the time that it became apparent that the US was funding Muslim extremist elements across the world. It destroyed US & western credibility across a huge portion of the Christian world and stained the Clinton legacy forever. Everything comes back to haunt people.

The propaganda hoax tactics were taken to a whole new level as well:

noemon wrote:Yugoslavia was nowhere near as evil as China.

In Yugoslavia, the constituent republics had a lot more freedom and political autonomy than Hong Kong does today, even after the "evil Milosevic reforms". Heck they even had more democratic freedom than Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales have today in the UK, again this remains true even when accounting for the Milosevic reforms.
The reforms taken by the Yugoslavian government, took place democratically and not by fascist dictat or violence.
These democratic reforms were met with bullets & violence by the then rebel constituent republics. Certain "republics" like Bosnia & Kossovo were not even republics but Serbian provinces that had an autonomous existence for as little as a single decade(1974 for Kossovo, 1946 for Bosnia), not the 200 something years that separate China & Hong Kong!!!

While US analysts proclaimed the success of the US at the time as the "end of history", in hindsight we can trace the beginning of the end of the US right there. Making war in Europe after decades, inciting, funding and creating from scratch rebel elements in a country that was democratic & decent. That was the 1st American hubris after the fall of the Soviet Union and also the time that it became apparent that the US was funding Muslim extremist elements across the world. It destroyed US & western credibility across a huge portion of the Christian world and stained the Clinton legacy forever. Everything comes back to haunt people.

The propaganda hoax tactics were taken to a whole new level as well:

Thanks for the clarification, but I think this makes his stand even less persuasive.

It sounds like he's rallying for someone even more evil just because they rally for his home country, which got (wrongfully) bombed.
Patrickov wrote:Thanks for the clarification, but I think this makes his stand even less persuasive.

It sounds like he's rallying for someone even more evil just because they rally for his home country, which got (wrongfully) bombed.

Anti-imperialism is code for anti-west. They want revenge on innocents, not justice, and that is why I have no respect for the "anti-imperialist" movement.
Patrickov wrote:Which I hadn't heard until now. I feel sorry for that.

However, his view is essentially in support of similar happenings on other innocent people, and frankly, why he got bombed in the first place was that the government of the country he then resided was not righteous.

I will not give a damn when US bombers bomb the hell out of this place in order to punish our power abusers, because essentially they asked for it.

Or at least, I hope myself not to.

What is this nonsense. I lived in a muslim majority area north of sarajevo, as a croat/serb just oputside the serb siege boundaries.

We were bombed by bosniak and serb forces as they lobbed artillery at each other. I left in early 90's long before west got involved in propping up saudi arabian head hunters in bosnia. The US bombed a serbian town my family lives in in 1999. I wasn't there.

Fun fact: by 2020 not a single constituent country outside of perhaps slovenia has returned to its pre-1990 yugoslav levels of development. Also stop looking at gdp numbers. Look at industry and infrastructure. Bosnia was the industrial heartland of yugoslavia with greater manufacturing (particularly weapons) capacity than parts of north central europe. Today it is absolutely nothing. Another fun fact: 1/4 American families can't afford to feed themselves in 2020. Evident with miles long breadlines. Karma is a hungry mistress.

I find this thread sad, even as Americans starve due to political mismanagement, they pine for a tiny minority of hong kong pets such as the poster above. Cute.
Igor Antunov wrote:What is this nonsense. I lived in a muslim majority area north of sarajevo, as a croat/serb just oputside the serb siege boundaries.

We were bombed by bosniak and serb forces as they lobbed artillery at each other. I left in early 90's long before west got involved in propping up saudi arabian head hunters in bosnia. The US bombed a serbian town my family lives in in 1999. I wasn't there.

Fun fact: by 2020 not a single constituent country outside of perhaps slovenia has returned to its pre-1990 yugoslav levels of development. Also stop looking at gdp numbers. Look at industry and infrastructure. Bosnia was the industrial heartland of yugoslavia with greater manufacturing (particularly weapons) capacity than parts of north central europe. Today it is absolutely nothing. Another fun fact: 1/4 American families can't afford to feed themselves in 2020. Evident with miles long breadlines. Karma is a hungry mistress.

I find this thread sad, even as Americans starve due to political mismanagement, they pine for a tiny minority of hong kong pets such as the poster above. Cute.

They aren't a tiny minority and I have criticized my country's current state. What's cute is you spewing propaganda just because the regime is anti-American.
Igor Antunov wrote:What is this nonsense. I lived in a muslim majority area north of sarajevo, as a croat/serb just oputside the serb siege boundaries.

I don't know what propaganda you consume but US people not being able to "feed" themselves has a different meaning compared to what you think. What you consider "feeding" levels is not exactly the same in US compared to different places. US people receive too much aid in larger cities in a week compared to people who are actually going hungry and the hungry people could survive for longer than a month compared to what US individual get in a week for FREE. (New York for example)

You just can't compare the people going to "food banks" or "assitance stations" in US and other countries in the world outside of Europe perhaps.
Igor Antunov wrote:Hungry people queue up for hours for free food. Prove me wrong.

Doesn't matter that they weight 130kg on average. They're still *malnourished*. McDonalds with its cardboard filler and bottom tier ingredient list can't provide adequate sustenance to millions every day.

Right. There has been an uproar about this at the start of the pandemic in Russia that Russian TV tried to present Americans going to foodbanks etc as them going hungry. So Russians living in America started trolling the TV by showing what exactly is the 1 or 2 week rations/food assistance in US is like. Technically it is every 2 weeks but nobody really stops you from taking it every week in most places. Here is an example of a 2 week package(video in Russian but you will understand the point). There are many videos like this and this particular one is even before the pandemic:

So you can stick the going "hungry" up your ass Igor. Now, can I say that it is like that in every place of US? Of course not. But all the videos that I have seen look quite similar. So in the vast majority of the places it should be good.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

In this conflict, neither if those groups are p[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octob[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]