China's Parliament to Discuss Draft Hong Kong National Security Law - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Patrickov wrote:In some sense it's the Communists who attacked them.

By demanding raises in wages for their workers?

Hong Kong under British rule acheived that faster

I doubt it.

The Chinese did use carrot and stick to us, and when we see through their hypocrisy they simply resort to the stick.

The protesters in Hong Kong were treated with kids gloves compared to protests elsewhere. Compare this to how the U.S. treated Occupy protests or protests at #noDAPL and in Ferguson with the military in town.
skinster wrote:By demanding raises in wages for their workers?

Ironically, by stopping Chiang Kaishek's oppressive rule. The problem is they turned out to be worse oppressors themselves.

skinster wrote:I doubt it.

Tell this to the HK Government, who is on your side.

skinster wrote:The protesters in Hong Kong were treated with kids gloves compared to protests elsewhere. Compare this to how the U.S. treated Occupy protests or protests at #noDAPL and in Ferguson with the military in town.

I have repeated this multiple times. The HK Government is less democratic than the United States local governments, and we have no 2nd Amendment and no firearms problem. Police brutality (and the governmental silent endorsement and bias towards their supporters) is therefore even less legitimate than their American equivalent.
skinster wrote:Not sure why you linked me to Dr Sun Yat-sen's museum, but ok. :D

It made a statement in support of mine, "his revolutionary thoughts were nurtured in Hong Kong."

If the British hadn't made HK a better place, Sun yat-sen would not have his revolutionary thoughts (to China) nurtured in Hong Kong.

Which means your doubt is groundless.
skinster wrote:^ What a weird thing to do, considering I didn't post anything about him :D . Since you like this guy so much, maybe make a whole thread on him where you can add whatever you like.

Which means your apparent love or approval of China is unfounded, because you don't know Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation about its history.
skinster wrote:^ You're entitled to your opinion, Patrickov. :D

It's not an opinion. It's a rational conclusion after a proven observation.

You have helped in this very scientific process, because you personally admitted that you don't know who Sun Yat-sen, arguably one of the most important historical figure in 19-20th century China, is.
skinster wrote:You're off-topic.

False accusation. You cast doubt on my statement "British made Hong Kong better faster and earlier than CCP (so-called) made China better".

Oh yes, and CCP did NOT make China better. It made at least two generations of Chinese become selfish, obnoxious, materialistic, ultra-nationalistic and aggressive assholes.

Although I have to say that the Chinese themselves are complicit of endorsing the CCP.
skinster wrote:Back on topic:

That Qiao is also an obnoxious pro-CCP totalitarianism propagandist and should not be forgotten when the time comes as well.

Whatever he said is bad, MUST BE GOOD.
skinster wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPV5c2Verc

You purposefully post wrong stuff to make us angry. You are in no place to call people stop whining, because you are the one who needs to be stopped.
skinster wrote:Not sure what responses you expect to all your antagonistic posts. Anyway, it is really embarrassing to see you constantly whining at me for having different opinions to you. You're on a political debate forum for fuck's sake, get over it. :lol:

You repeatedly spews pro-CCP things which have repeatedly proven wrong and evil on this forum.

You are not debating, you are making aggression against me and my people!
Patrickov wrote:You repeatedly spews pro-CCP things which have repeatedly proven wrong and evil on this forum.

Actually, you guys don't address the articles and other stuff I post, you just do what you keep doing, which is shoot the messenger.

Also, you repeatedly spew the anti-China shit so don't expect others to be better than you. :D

You are not debating, you are making aggression against me and my people!

I think it's you that's actually "making aggression against" your people since the vast VAST majority of people in China support their government and even MILLIONS of Hong Kongers defend this security law. It's you that's the outlier. Stop making this aggression against your people!
skinster wrote:even MILLIONS of Hong Kongers defend this security law. It's you that's the outlier. Stop making this aggression against your people!

Obviously a lie. We are just held at gunpoint -- they use jail terms to PLACE FEAR ON US!!!!

I DEMAND YOU TO RESCIND THIS FALSE ACCUSATION.

We only ask for accountability for the government, but the government thinks this is a threat to national security! That's what they get this "law" in for! SERIOUSLY?

Or are you just posting this to provoke me into breaking forum rules? (Sorry a question to admin: Is provocation like this a violation of forum rules?)
Last edited by Patrickov on 06 Nov 2020 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Judging from the pro-Democracy camp win at the local level after this law was passed, it's safe to say there is no secret pro-CCP majority. The only reason why there weren't gains in the Legislative Assembly was because the elections were suspended citing COVID-19 concerns.

What about the U.S. or whatever?

Politics makes strange bedfellows and many people including the protesters use "enemy of my enemy" logic. That's why many of them want U.S. involvement. China is an enemy and the U.S. is the enemy of their enemy. Same thing with the anti-U.S. people who support China as a result of similar logic.

Hmm, the question is do you pad your Calvins with[…]

https://twitter.com/alianfromspace/status/17847402[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]