African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

blackjack21 wrote:Which political party runs Minneapolis? Isn't that in Ihan Omar's congressional district?

Large municipalities in the US have to deal with extremely strong police unions. Police unions have an outsized say in matters of police discipline and behavior. Prosecutions of police misconduct are rare - whether the jurisdiction is run by Democrats or Republicans. Your point is well taken in that Democrats typically have zero courage in bringing police misconduct under control.

Congressmen in individual districts have no say over municipalities.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Racist violence against black people is not a Republican or Democrat problem. It is a problem with the whole USA.

Racism or so-called racism is a problem in every diverse society, not just the USA. Diversity is a weakness, not a strength. Diversity is pain. Diversity is distraction. Diversity is confusion. Diversity creates self-hatred and unhealthy jealousy. Diversity creates conflict, which is why the elite wants more of it. Diversity is a weapon that can destroy an once stable society.
Code Rood wrote:Racism or so-called racism is a problem in every diverse society, not just the USA.

So you agree that this type of racist violence is not a partisan issue, and also agree that this racism is embedded in US culture.

Diversity is a weakness, not a strength. Diversity is pain. Diversity is distraction. Diversity is confusion. Diversity creates self-hatred and unhealthy jealousy. Diversity creates conflict, which is why the elite wants more of it. Diversity is a weapon that can destroy an once stable society.

I have no idea why you think any if this is a reply to my point.
Code Rood wrote:Probably because the USA is more diverse in terms of race than European countries. The white majority in the USA is around 60% now. Western European countries aren't there yet.

Hitler was freakishly racist and his ideology was based on race theory mostly, although Germany wasn't diverse in terms of race at all. Brazil is very diverse in terms of race too, even more so than the US, but they don't seem so obsessed with race. So it rather appears to be a historic, political and deeply cultural thing that doesn't really correlate with racial diversity, positively at least.
Last edited by Beren on 27 May 2020 17:34, edited 2 times in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you agree that this type of racist violence is not a partisan issue, and also agree that this racism is embedded in US culture.

This particular case is just cop violence (unless you have some more info), but since the USA is a multiculti society it's likely to be framed as racial violence when it involves people from different races.

American culture has a problem with racism, simply because it embraces diversity and wants to welcome even more diversity. It really is that simple. Diversity creates racism. ''Evil'' people like myself, who strongly oppose things like mass-immigration, would have saved people (that also includes all the hypocritical do-gooders here) a lot of trouble.
Code Rood wrote:Racism or so-called racism is a problem in every diverse society, not just the USA. Diversity is a weakness, not a strength. Diversity is pain. Diversity is distraction. Diversity is confusion. Diversity creates self-hatred and unhealthy jealousy. Diversity creates conflict, which is why the elite wants more of it. Diversity is a weapon that can destroy an once stable society.

The great thing about discourse today is that we can identify pseudo-profound statements like this in fairly simple terms. All you're doing here is victim-blaming, no matter how much literary flare you add to it or how much you pretend to be an anti-racist.
Code Rood wrote:This particular case is just cop violence (unless you have some more info),

As I already said:

It is racist in two ways:

1. Blacks are disproportionately affected by police violence.

2. The culture of impunity that lets law enforcement murder black people and get away with it is probably not nearly as strong and systemic when the murder victim is white.

but since the USA is a multiculti society it's likely to be framed as racial violence when it involves people from different races.

No. I think this is racist violence because cops have an idea in their head that they can kill unarmed blacks with impunity.

This is why a cop knelt on a handcuffed black man’s next for seven minutes on video: because he (probably correctly) thought that he could get away with it even with the whole murder videotaped.

I ignored your complaints about diversity since they seem to be irrelevant.
Pants-of-dog wrote:As I already said:

It is racist in two ways:

1. Blacks are disproportionately affected by police violence.

2. The culture of impunity that lets law enforcement murder black people and get away with it is probably not nearly as strong and systemic when the murder victim is white.

So did you hear him shout the N-word? Seems like you don't have info on this particular case. It doesn't always have to be racial just because the victim was black. Maybe this cop would have done the same to a white person. Maybe he has done it, but it wasn't caught on tape like this one.

Pants-of-dog wrote:No. I think this is racist violence because cops have an idea in their head that they can kill unarmed blacks with impunity.

Plenty of unarmed whites also get killed with impunity. In fact, whites are more likely to be shot by the cops. So what are you trying to say? Do you have a point or do you want to play along with media hysteria?

Pants-of-dog wrote:I ignored your complaints about diversity since they seem to be irrelevant.

They are relevant. But I understand that my spicy takes makes you a bit uncomfortable?
Code Rood wrote:So did you hear him shout the N-word? Seems like you don't have info on this particular case. It doesn't always have to be racial just because the victim was black. Maybe this cop would have done the same to a white person. Maybe he has done it, but it wasn't caught on tape like this one.

If you are going to keep ignoring my points, you can stop replying to me.

Plenty of unarmed whites also get killed with impunity. In fact, whites are more likely to be shot by the cops. So what are you trying to say? Do you have a point or do you want to play along with media hysteria?

No, black people are more likely to be shot by cops.

They are relevant. But I understand that my spicy takes makes you a bit uncomfortable?

No. It is irrelevant and boring. Your unoriginal complaints are the most basic racist spam, and I have heard them so many times that I do not bother response to these irrelevant bytes.

The most interesting thing about your complaints is that you think they are spicy despite the fact that it is as bland as any old person’s casual racism.
Code Rood wrote:Probably because it triggers and upsets so many people. Not seeing diversity as a strength is almost a crime to a lot of folks.

So this is based on your biased perception of your own trolling. Okay.

Back to the interesting stuff:

Apparently there is traffic cam footage that shows that Mr. Floyd was not resisting arrest when the police violence began.
Yes, edgy chuds seem to think that triggering and upsetting people is good in itself and even a goal in itself. If you've managed to distress someone, regardless of whether or not the encounter was conducive or purposeful, this is for some reason a gotcha for the smoothbrains in magaland.
Donna wrote:Yes, edgy chuds seem to think that triggering and upsetting people is good in itself and even a goal in itself. If you've managed to distress someone, regardless of whether or not the encounter was conducive or purposeful, this is for some reason a gotcha for the smoothbrains in magaland.

It's not just that I get a kick out of triggering people, I also know that no one has ever been able to counter my points on this issue. They get emotional and call you racist. That's it. But diversity is not a strength, certainly not when it's being enforced too. I'd like to see you prove me otherwise. Pretty much all people can come up with is that you get to eat different types of foods. :lol:

Diversity is clearly a weakness when you add all things up. Higher crime, non-stop tension, low trust, no sense of nationhood, easier manipulated by the powers that be and so on. It's a tool meant to distract the masses and make a country bow more and more to the corrupt elite overtime. It isn't a strength in North America, it isn't a strength in Europe, it isn't a strength in India, it is not a strength anywhere.

America and Europe opening up their borders to the third world should be viewed as a crime. You weaken both Western societies and the third world (the migrants that come here are often the third world's brightest) countries with it.
Code Rood wrote:
Diversity creates racism.

Yeah but it's a double edged sword, it also creates tolerance. I'd say it creates far more tolerance than intolerance so on the whole it's a good thing. That's not to say all cultures are equal or that all cultures should be fully accommodated. Tolerance isn't passive acceptance, it's critical restraint. We tolerate other cultures not because they're equally valid but because a) people have the right to be wrong so tolerance is a moral imperative and b) because curtailing the liberty of any group is a threat to the liberty of every group which makes critical restraint a rational imperative as well.

So diversity in the sense of having a multitude of minority ethnic and cultural groups all clamoring for their rights and their place in American society is definitely a strength because it forces us as a society to be more critically restrained in limiting liberty.

It's interesting to note that the developed countries that are much more racially homogenous than the US are all extremely backwards compared to the US on every fundamental human right there is from speech to informed consent to self defense. I think a big part of the reason why is that they've never had to grapple with issues of minority rights the way the US has.

All that being said, I think too much diversity is just as dangerous as too little and if the ruling establishment is allowed to continue importing backwards peasants by the millions these people will destroy the norms and institutions that uphold our traditions of critical restraint and civic freedom. So it's all about the balance. Diversity in the right amount is a strength but if you have too much or too little it becomes detrimental to the civic health of society.
Code Rood wrote:It's not just that I get a kick out of triggering people, I also know that no one has ever been able to counter my points on this issue.

You did not make any.

You are simply trying to hijack a thread about racist police violence and make it about how it sucks to have non-whites living near you.

They get emotional and call you racist. That's it. But diversity is not a strength, certainly not when it's being enforced too. I'd like to see you prove me otherwise. Pretty much all people can come up with is that you get to eat different types of foods. :lol:

Diversity is clearly a weakness when you add all things up. Higher crime,

Provide evidence for the claim that diversity leads to higher crime.

non-stop tension, low trust, no sense of nationhood, easier manipulated by the powers that be and so on.

Provide evidence for any of this.

It's a tool meant to distract the masses and make a country bow more and more to the corrupt elite overtime. It isn't a strength in North America, it isn't a strength in Europe, it isn't a strength in India, it is not a strength anywhere.

America and Europe opening up their borders to the third world should be viewed as a crime. You weaken both Western societies and the third world (the migrants that come here are often the third world's brightest) countries with it.

Mr. Floyd was not an immigrant.

Nor was his killer, as far as I know.
He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]