Anybody want to move to CHAZ? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

CHAZ is an autonomous, some might say sovereign, six-block region of downtown Seattle taken over by protestors. Police have been booted out of the police station there, and barricades put up to control the flow of people. Seattle's mayor has rebuffed Trump's calls to use the military to go in to take back control.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53017776

So is CHAZ an illegal occupation of terrorist thugs, or freedom in America in 2020?
This happened in Germany in the 1980's and eventually authorities simply ceded all of the occupied blocks to the leftists who took them over. Eventually the autonomous zones become very cultured and are gradually gentrified.
Donna wrote:This happened in Germany in the 1980's and eventually authorities simply ceded all of the occupied blocks to the leftists who took them over. Eventually the autonomous zones become very cultured and are gradually gentrified.

The problem is, the area isn't for the protestors to take. The publicly owned portions like the parks belong to everyone, not just the protestors. There was no vote by residents of the city to take it over and no voting to administer it. There's no public control of who can come in and out of CHAZ, it's decided by a small minority of people who took it upon themselves to do so without the consent of the downtown residents. The elected government elites telling people what to do has simply been replaced with an unelected band of random people telling people what to do.

This isn't a proletariat revolution, it's one small group of rulers being replaced by another small group of rulers. The difference is, one is elected and one isn't.

There's people who work or own small businesses in the area, and some have to "show papers" and/or pay a fee to enter CHAZ (which is extortion).

The mayor of Seattle is a complete moron for allowing this to happen and continue.
wat0n wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1271895628793081856

It seems to be very much like its larger neighbor in a certain current aspect anyway, so why bother?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

These kinds of young radicals are very dangerous, because they think they have the answers to solve all the world's problems when in fact they have no fucking clue what they're talking about. When I was in my 20's I was also a naive idealistic leftist know-it-all...turns out I didn't know much of shit.

"It Ain’t What You Don’t Know That Gets You Into Trouble. It’s What You Know for Sure That Just Ain’t So".
CHAZ? The name is terrible and too closed to Chad. Someone could make an error and head to an African country, instead.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The problem is, the area isn't for the protestors to take. The publicly owned portions like the parks belong to everyone, not just the protestors. There was no vote by residents of the city to take it over and no voting to administer it. There's no public control of who can come in and out of CHAZ, it's decided by a small minority of people who took it upon themselves to do so without the consent of the downtown residents. The elected government elites telling people what to do has simply been replaced with an unelected band of random people telling people what to do.

This isn't a proletariat revolution, it's one small group of rulers being replaced by another small group of rulers. The difference is, one is elected and one isn't.

There's people who work or own small businesses in the area, and some have to "show papers" and/or pay a fee to enter CHAZ (which is extortion).

The mayor of Seattle is a complete moron for allowing this to happen and continue.

I'm skeptical of a lot of these claims because I'm only seeing them parroted on Fox News.
Godstud wrote:CHAZ? The name is terrible and too closed to Chad. Someone could make an error and head to an African country, instead.

capital hill autonomous zone
Code Rood wrote:https://twitter.com/FromKalen/status/1271709379688087555
:lol:

it would have been nice if the gent would have explained why...but I suspect we missed that all in the beginning.

I had so many stereotypical jokes lined up after seeing that snippet but Im too scared of PoDs wrath and unwavering humourlessness.
@Rugoz
How to put it?

Fuck No!

Hello, I don't know if anyone noticed you, ahmmm, but USA are the world's 1st superpower and shit have gone out of control in the homeland. Trumps stance is the best a US President could have (actually he surprised me too), he gave the riots 2 whole weeks to get civilised, now he has to step his foot, he has a superpower to hold UNITED and get back to supervising the fking planet ...
I don't know but, last time I checked? Panicking and demolishing everything, wasn't a way to fight racism...
M. L. King, he showed you how. You Americans still so dumb you don't follow your own leaders paths. Instead you choose to go sicko mode and start demolishing and beating towards every way.
That's not a protest/riot against racism, that's a fucking teenagers emotional burst out.

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]