Iran issues warrant for the Arrest of President Trump - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/iran-issues-arrest-warrant-trump-asks-interpol-200629104710662.html

Iran has issued an Arrest warrant for President Donald Trump for the murder of General Qassem Soleimani.

Well that's new... Wanted for Murder, Lol.

:lol: new chant "Death to America... please Interpol help us"
what a bunch of impotent losers.
Doesn't the ICC have a SWAT team to get into the White House?

The International Criminal Court

The Hague-based ICC is an international legal body that prosecutes war crimes and crimes against humanity. Established by the 2002 Rome Statute, the ICC can only investigate and prosecute crimes that take place in a member state or are committed by a member state. It can also take up a case that is referred to it by the United Nations Security Council.

https://www.courthousenews.com/experts- ... nal-court/
It is well-known that the act was of mostly symbolic significance.

Iran had one of their generals assassinated, so this is obviously what they should or could do. Nothing to be surprised really.

Unless they could do to Trump what Israeli had done to Adolf Eichmann.
Patrickov wrote:It is well-known that the act was of mostly symbolic significance.

Iran had one of their generals assassinated, so this is obviously what they should or could do. Nothing to be surprised really.

Qasem Soleimani was very popular in Iran. In fact, so much so that he was considered the future leader of the country.

This puts the assassination of Soleimani in the same class as the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, the successor to the crown of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, in Sarajevo in 1914, which triggered WWI.
Atlantis wrote:Qasem Soleimani was very popular in Iran. In fact, so much so that he was considered the future leader of the country.

I believe his killing resulted in the largest protests in Iran to date. He was much loved for fighting successfully against Islamists in the various countries that the U.S. was creating or unleashing them.
skinster wrote:I believe his killing resulted in the largest protests in Iran to date. He was much loved for fighting successfully against Islamists in the various countries that the U.S. was creating or unleashing them.

I have no problem with the warrant. They should also issue a warrant for Benjamin Netanyahu's arrest too.
Atlantis wrote:Qasem Soleimani was very popular in Iran. In fact, so much so that he was considered the future leader of the country.

This puts the assassination of Soleimani in the same class as the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, the successor to the crown of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, in Sarajevo in 1914, which triggered WWI.

Yet I saw some news that eroded my sympathy towards Iran today...

Iranian authorities move to block release of female rights activists

Iran sentences journalist Ruhollah Zam to death

Had Soleimani become the leader I doubt he would change any of these.
Patrickov wrote:
Yet I saw some news that eroded my sympathy towards Iran today...

Iranian authorities move to block release of female rights activists

Iran sentences journalist Ruhollah Zam to death

Had Soleimani become the leader I doubt he would change any of these.

Yup -- I don't think that *anyone* here is politically an Iranian nationalist, but, in the *geopolitical* realm Iran doesn't deserve to be summarily 'executed' / attacked, just like any person of color *domestically*.
ckaihatsu wrote:I don't think that *anyone* here is politically an Iranian nationalist, but, in the *geopolitical* realm Iran doesn't deserve to be summarily 'executed' / attacked, just like any person of color *domestically*.

They are of different circumstances entirely.

There is zero doubt that arbitrary negligence (let alone disregard or even trampling) of persons of color is a no-no.

Iran, on the other hand, is a strong state, and it can be said that no strong state truly not deserve any attack. Soleimani's death is semi-accidental (in the sense that Trump and his team probably did not anticipate such a result), and I was already clear that the issue of the arrest warrant is reasonable. But with a country so oppressive to its own people I cannot say I am as sympathetic to Iran as many anti-American people here do. Besides, I think their sympathy is out of their spite against the United States, rather than them actually caring about Iranian people.
Patrickov wrote:
They are of different circumstances entirely.

There is zero doubt that arbitrary negligence (let alone disregard or even trampling) of persons of color is a no-no.

Iran, on the other hand, is a strong state, and it can be said that no strong state truly not deserve any attack. Soleimani's death is semi-accidental (in the sense that Trump and his team probably did not anticipate such a result), and I was already clear that the issue of the arrest warrant is reasonable. But with a country so oppressive to its own people I cannot say I am as sympathetic to Iran as many anti-American people here do. Besides, I think their sympathy is out of their spite against the United States, rather than them actually caring about Iranian people.

I think my analogy is accurate, and holds-up, mostly due to the institutional racism against blacks in the U.S., and the historic racism towards *Arabs* in the Middle East, particularly from Israel.

I'll remind that Iran, like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., has been on the neocon *shit list* for *decades* now:

"Moving to a Traditional Balance of Power Strategy"

Israel can shape its strategic environment, in cooperation with Turkey and Jordan, by weakening, containing, and even rolling back Syria. This effort can focus on removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq—an important Israeli strategic objective in its own right—as a means of foiling Syria’s regional ambitions.[1]

Since Iraq's future could affect the strategic balance in the Middle East profoundly, it would be understandable that Israel has an interest in supporting the Hashemites in their efforts to redefine Iraq, including such measures as: visiting Jordan as the first official state visit, even before a visit to the United States, of the new Netanyahu government; supporting King Hussein by providing him with some tangible security measures to protect his regime against Syrian subversion; encouraging—through influence in the U.S. business community—investment in Jordan to structurally shift Jordan's economy away from dependence on Iraq; and diverting Syria's attention by using Lebanese opposition elements to destabilize Syrian control of Lebanon. ... Were the Hashemites to control Iraq, they could use their influence over Najf to help Israel wean the south Lebanese Shia away from Hizballah, Iran, and Syria. Shia retain strong ties to the Hashemites: the Shia venerate foremost the Prophet's family, the direct descendants of which—and in whose veins the blood of the Prophet flows—is King Hussein.[1]

Most important, it is understandable that Israel has an interest supporting diplomatically, militarily and operationally Turkey’s and Jordan’s actions against Syria, such as securing tribal alliances with Arab tribes that cross into Syrian territory and are hostile to the Syrian ruling elite.[1]

Sidney Blumenthal criticized the report, writing:

Instead of trading land for peace, the neocons advocated tossing aside the Oslo agreements that established negotiations and demanding unconditional Palestinian acceptance of Likud's terms, peace for peace. Rather than negotiations with Syria, they proposed weakening, containing, and even rolling back Syria. They also advanced a wild scenario to redefine Iraq. Then King Hussein of Jordan would somehow become its ruler; and somehow this Sunni monarch would gain control of the Iraqi Shiites, and through them wean the south Lebanese Shia away from Hezbollah, Iran, and Syria.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_B ... _the_Realm

@FiveofSwords On e again, you fail to provide[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]