Russia approves first Covid-19 Vaccine.... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Unthinking Majority wrote:The Guardian is an independent news outlet that doesn't show ads or take ad money from corporations, and relies on donations and subscriptions for revenue, it's not corporate media. But...fake news!

It's owned by the Scott Trust, which owns several other media outlets.
Political Interest wrote:The vaccine is probably fine and probably works.

It's just politics that makes all this controversial.

Indeed, it's all become so mindlessly politicized. I support mask wearing, so in America i'm a ''liberal''. I support efforts to use Hydroxychloroquine and other drugs as a prophylactic, so i'm a ''radical right winger''. I supported the lock down, so I'm a ''Statist Goon''. I also think people need to get back to work to maintain civilization much less the economy, so I must be a ''heartless money-grubbing Trumpster''....

It's all so ridiculous.
annatar1914 wrote:It's owned by the Scott Trust, which owns several other media outlets.

Name those companies. Yes it's owned by Scott Trust Limited, which is not a corporation or a publicly traded company, and is the sole owner of Guardian. The whole point is to keep it editorially independent.

Meanwhile, the Russian government...:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_surv ... oggers_law

A 2014 law dubbed "Bloggers law" includes data retention provisions. According to the law, bloggers with over 3,000 daily readers are required to register and can no longer remain anonymous online. Organizations that provide platforms for their work such as search engines, social networks and other forums must maintain computer records on Russian soil of everything posted over the previous six months.[12] Major services required to comply include Facebook, Skype, Gmail and Twitter.

Oh and: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_fre ... ia_outlets
Unthinking Majority wrote:Name those companies. Yes it's owned by Scott Trust Limited, which is not a corporation or a publicly traded company, and is the sole owner of Guardian. The whole point is to keep it editorially independent.

Meanwhile, the Russian government...:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_surv ... oggers_law

Oh and: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_fre ... ia_outlets

So your reply to my point was rather pointless, as the money power has the rag you mention and it'll say exactly what it is meant to say.

On the other, seems fair enough. I'm not a Liberal, and your ''Democracy'' is anything but.
annatar1914 wrote:On the other, seems fair enough. I'm not a Liberal, and your ''Democracy'' is anything but.

I know you're not a liberal, you support Putin & the Russian government.

Your or my support for liberalism or democracy is irrelevant. One only needs to look at the scoreboard to see who is winning. Liberal democracies make up 100% of the countries with the best socioeconomic outcomes. Meanwhile, Russia and virtually every other post-Soviet country continue to lag behind in just about every statistic imaginable. SCOREBOARD MOTHAFUCKAZ!
I know you're not a liberal, you support Putin & the Russian government.

I'm not a supporter of Putin and the Russian government, some things they do okay, some maybe not so much, but rational nuances are lost on, well, the ''unthinking majority''.

Your or my support for liberalism or democracy is irrelevant. One only needs to look at the scoreboard to see who is winning. Liberal democracies make up 100% of the countries with the best socioeconomic outcomes. Meanwhile, Russia and virtually every other post-Soviet country continue to lag behind in just about every statistic imaginable. SCOREBOARD MOTHAFUCKAZ!

Looting other countries almost to the point of destruction is not something to be proud of. Liberal Democracies are ruled by Money, and are headed for a very genuine self-destruction from within. But you go ahead and emote instead of seriously thinking about the issues.

I define my terms very clearly and very simply. S[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Yes. It's an adaptation to socially-constructed c[…]

Corruption ain't domination, and history ain't th[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]