Turkey slams ‘interventionist’ Biden for saying US must ‘embolden’ opposition to ‘defeat’ Erdogan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Turkey slams ‘interventionist’ Biden for saying US must ‘embolden’ opposition to ‘defeat’ Erdogan in resurfaced interview

A video showing Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden arguing that the US should rally behind the Turkish opposition drew a huge backlash in Ankara, which denounced the remark as meddling in its internal affairs.
The clip, which was filmed in December for a January episode of the New York Times’ documentary series ‘The Weekly’, began making waves on social media on Thursday, after it was picked up by Kurdish journalist Arif Zêrevan.

In the video, Biden says that the US, presumably under his presidency, should “make it clear” that “we support opposition leadership.”

I’m still of the view that if we were to engage [with the opposition] more directly like I was doing with them, that we can support those elements of the Turkish leadership that still exist and get more from them and embolden them to be able to take on and defeat Erdogan

Biden added that he does not want to see Erdogan toppled in a coup, but rather ousted through the “electoral process.”

While airing his grievances regarding the Erdogan government, Biden specifically mentioned Ankara’s refusal to cave in to Washington’s pressure and cancel the deal to buy Russian-made S-400 air defense systems. The Turkish military received its first S-400 shipment last year, and confirmed in June that it had “agreed in principle” with Moscow on the second delivery.

Although Washington retaliated by suspending Turkey from the list of contributors to the F-35 program and threatened sanctions, Biden said it was not enough.

He has to pay a price. He has to pay a price for whether or not we’re going to continue to sell certain weapons to him.

“In fact, if he has the air defense system that they’re flying F-15s through to see how they can try to figure out how to do it,” he added.

The video, which is part of an extensive NYT interview with Biden and whose transcript was published back in January, has caused a ruckus in the Turkish-speaking part of the Twittersphere, sending Biden’s name trending.

https://www.rt.com/news/498129-biden-el ... y-outrage/

Sleepy Joe in deep dreams. Warmonger Democrats on business as usual.
Erdogan lost the local elections in both Istanbul and in Ankara. His days are numbered.

Speaking of Erdogan I remember when the Turks believed that Erdogan was a Greek spy because of his connection to the traditional Greek areas in the Black Sea(Pontos) and because the Greek government negotiated his release from prison when he was imprisoned as a mayor of Constantinople by the then ruling regime of Turkey.

The Greeks and his good friend Avramopoulos considered him the best chance for lasting peace back in the day but as it turns out petty egoism has torpedoed that now with Erdogan turning into a mad dog. That’s hubris for you.
noemon wrote:Erdogan lost the local elections in both Istanbul and in Ankara. His days are numbered.

Speaking of Erdogan I remember when the Turks believed that Erdogan was a Greek spy because of his connection to the traditional Greek areas in the Black Sea(Pontos) and because the Greek government negotiated his release from prison when he was imprisoned as a mayor of Constantinople by the then ruling regime of Turkey.

The Greeks and his good friend Avramopoulos considered him the best chance for lasting peace back in the day but as it turns out petty egoism has torpedoed that now with Erdogan turning into a mad dog. That’s hubris for you.

Erdoğan has been in power since 2002. It has been 18 years. It is a very long time. He may lose some elections but that doesn't mean he is going away.

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]