US will ban WeChat and TikTok downloads on Sunday - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

:lol: Canada makes the same mistake. You don't see me blaming that on people taking advantage of the opportunity, do you?

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, though.
Unthinking Majority wrote:All Chinese hardware and software that at any point connects to the internet should be banned.

Tough call. I still think it is necessary to allow open minded Chinese people connect as they like and let them learn our superior ways if they wish to.

I personally think the West itself is open enough that it is not a big deal to shut off a few malicious sources. If the others know the better and change their ways I have no problem with it.

Godstud wrote::lol: Canada makes the same mistake. You don't see me blaming that on people taking advantage of the opportunity, do you?

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, though.

Admittedly I am making a personal attack, but my perspective of that member is that she often sounds like a bitter loser and deserves whatever misery she feels.
Godstud wrote:So this is al about USA not being smart enough to ensure that companies in USA are 51% owned by US citizens? :roll: I guess not making rules for capitalism is biting them in the ass. :lol:

Chinese companies have already made bids to acquire U.S. companies , and have to some extent succeeded . https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/05/29/china-shuanghui-smithfield/2369565/ , https://money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/chinese-acquisitions-us-companies/ , https://www.npr.org/2019/05/27/723501793/american-soil-is-increasingly-foreign-owned , https://www.axios.com/working-for-china-1515542281-d4bc0ab4-bed6-4085-a26e-c5d7c66be74c.html The United States has for years been like a real life corporate bordello , and our economy , and workforce have gotten sold out in the process . Some disillusioned segments of the population might even welcome a Chinese takeover . Image Image Image Image
Rugoz wrote:"tech transfer" :lol:

Yes, the AI learning algorithm that recommends a never ending stream of increasingly targeted/predictive content to viewers during swipes based on their prior habits is superior to anything Facebook or google has (youtube recommendations doesn't even come close), which is why China blocked it from being transferred with any potential sale. With no algorithm tik tok is worthless. It took ByteDance's Douyin app years and hundreds of millions of active users per day every day to teach their AI to be able to do that before rolling it out abroad under a different name (tik tok).
Igor Antunov wrote:Yes, the AI learning algorithm that recommends a never ending stream of increasingly targeted/predictive content to viewers during swipes based on their prior habits is superior to anything Facebook or google has (youtube recommendations doesn't even come close), which is why China blocked it from being transferred with any potential sale. With no algorithm tik tok is worthless. It took ByteDance's Douyin app years and hundreds of millions of active users per day every day to teach their AI to be able to do that before rolling it out abroad under a different name (tik tok).

What hogwash.

Every idiot can make a social media app with targeted content nowadays. The only reason tik tok is not worthless is because it has attraced enough users and thus data to analyze.
Pakistan bans TikTok:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/9/2150 ... nt-content

... and they were supposed to be one of the closest allies of China, if not the closest ally.

IMHO this tells us a lot on how the international community, even for those so friendly to China, actually think about them.

But sincerely, well done, Pakistani government, you earned my respect (for now)!
Patrickov wrote:Pakistan bans TikTok:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/9/2150 ... nt-content

... and they were supposed to be one of the closest allies of China, if not the closest ally.

IMHO this tells us a lot on how the international community, even for those so friendly to China, actually think about them.

But sincerely, well done, Pakistani government, you earned my respect (for now)!

Earned your respect? That didn't take much.

The interesting thing about bankster capitalism is that the only real rule is "the banksters always win."

This is the same rules that serial killers follow.

China is simply not allowed to be successful, in much the same ways that the victims of serial killers are not allowed to live.

America is a dying empire with decadent values and a very negative impact on the world, so *the competition* is very important and must be maintained at all costs.

The world must stand by China during this moment of dying-empire bullying so that the world can mend.
QatzelOk wrote:The interesting thing about bankster capitalism is that the only real rule is "the banksters always win."

This is the same rules that serial killers follow.

China is simply not allowed to be successful, in much the same ways that the victims of serial killers are not allowed to live.

America is a dying empire with decadent values and a very negative impact on the world, so *the competition* is very important and must be maintained at all costs.

The world must stand by China during this moment of dying-empire bullying so that the world can mend.

China is a killer, not a victim. Fuck off.
Patrickov wrote:China is a killer, not a victim. Fuck off.

Really?

How many bases does China have from which to launch killings?

How many wars is it pursuing at the moment?

*holds up mirror*
QatzelOk wrote:Really?

How many bases does China have from which to launch killings?

How many wars is it pursuing at the moment?

*holds up mirror*

They are oppressing their own people by not allowing them to say anything bad about the government, or even hold the police accountable. They do it much earlier than what Trump did after BLM.

To me, what they did is sometimes worse than a war unleashed upon here. At least the latter wouldn't last, and I have confidence that at least some wrongdoers will be properly punished (i.e. killed) in a war.
Patrickov wrote:They are oppressing their own people by not allowing them to say anything bad about the government, or even hold the police accountable. They do it much earlier than what Trump did after BLM.

To me, what they did is sometimes worse than a war unleashed upon here. At least the latter wouldn't last, and I have confidence that at least some wrongdoers will be properly punished (i.e. killed) in a war.

So far from reality that I grow tired. This is all so very tiring indeed.

https://www.ipsos.com/en/global-happiness-study-2020
Patrickov wrote:They are oppressing their own people by not allowing them to say anything bad about the government, or even hold the police accountable.

You can't seem to say very many bad things about capitalism.

Is there a gun being held to your head that you'd like to "come out" about?
QatzelOk wrote:You can't seem to say very many bad things about capitalism.

Is there a gun being held to your head that you'd like to "come out" about?

If there is one, the gun is from the Chinese, with their policies aiming to reward those loyal to them (not even competent) and the National Security Law.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]