Greek operation uncovers 4 NGO's smuggling migrants - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

ckaihatsu wrote:You're *still* addressing the migrants situation only from the standpoint of top-down *nationalist* interests. You're more concerned with the statist bureaucratic process than with the lives of thousands who have been stalled at that border since before the COVID health crisis.

Reality: Erdogan was threatening migrants at gun-point to cross into Europe during the height of the pandemic when all borders were sealed shut for everybody and we were not allowed to exit our homes or conduct our business and was at the same time telling Europe, "do as I ask in Syria, Libya and the Aegean or I will break your borders". He then proceeded to attack those borders with military means and he is still engaged in active war games inside European borders for precisely these ends.

Trying to turn me into the issue is not going to cut it.
noemon wrote:
Reality: Erdogan was threatening migrants at gun-point to cross into Europe during the height of the pandemic when all borders were sealed shut for everybody and we were not allowed to exit our homes or conduct our business and was at the same time telling Europe, "do as I ask in Syria, Libya and the Aegean or I will break your borders". He then proceeded to attack those borders with military means and he is still engaged in active war games inside European borders for precisely these ends.

Trying to turn me into the issue is not going to cut it.

So really it's *Erdogan* who's weaponized.
ckaihatsu wrote:So really it's *Erdogan* who's weaponized.

Does this statement mean the utterer believes someone else is falsely demonizing Erdogan?
ckaihatsu wrote:
Why are you insisting on using the term 'weaponize', to refer to *migrants* -- ?

Is it because the corporate *media* is using that term?

Is it because you'd rather *demonize* and blame-the-victim than deal with the pressing political situation of Syrian refugees who want to leave the country that was primarily responsible for *making* them refugees?

---

ckaihatsu wrote:
So really it's *Erdogan* who's weaponized.

Patrickov wrote:
Does this statement mean the utterer believes someone else is falsely demonizing Erdogan?

No, I'm not pro-Erdogan, because Erdogan's Turkey facilitated the anti-Assad ISIS and Islamic State, as detailed earlier in this thread.

I'm *pro-migrants*, as stated here, from a few posts back:

ckaihatsu wrote:
Shouldn't the determining factor ultimately be about where the *migrants* want to live?

I never said it was. Then what's your point? Ag[…]

It shows that the Roman imposed diaspora was impe[…]

I wasn't sure where else I should post this , so I[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@noemon Litwin is not a troll but a sophistica[…]