Edward Snowden gets permanent residency in Russia - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@ingliz @Godstud

Just because you served doesn't mean jack shit. Until you been in combat and had to put your fellow soldiers into coffins or send condolences to some of their wives like one who died from a bullet wound to their head you just keep your mouth shut. Because you don't know what you are talking about. You're just shooting your mouth off. I guarantee you if Canada had a Snowden or a Manning or a Bowe Bergdahl, they would put them on trial and lock them up and throw away the key. Maybe even put them in front of a firing squad. And I know damn good and well if it was the British they most certainly would have done the same thing if one of their citizens or soldiers pulled the same bullshit. So don't sit here and get on some kind of moral high horse with me, especially when you really don't what you are talking about in the first place when it comes to Snowden. Snowden is a TRAITOR PERIOD.
I'll ignore your, "You don't know because you haven't been there." logical fallacy. I know why I served and it was for the freedoms my country grants to its people, not simply to protect other soldiers.

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, @Politics_Observer.

What NSA employees have been charged with breaching the US Constitution and illegal activities?
Politics_Observer wrote:one who died from a bullet wound to their head

I don't give a shit who died.

Soldiers die in combat.

But then I am a happy well adjusted psychopath, according to the Army psychiatrists who assessed me for special service.

:)
@ingliz

Well I am not a pyschopath and I do give a shit about who died because of Snowden's revelation. For example, this former CIA director wants Snowden not electrocuted but hung from the neck until he is dead. I agree with him. We need to hang Snowden after he is given a trial. I think the death sentence is a just sentence for Snowden.

@Politics_Observer

Hung from the neck until he is dead...

The only problem with that is there's never been any actual evidence given that Snowden's disclosures harmed anyone.

:lol:
@ingliz

Well you heard a former CIA director talking about it in the above video during CNN interview. The UK's Independent also discusses it here. There is a good, justifiable reason why nation's classify information for their security. Of course, I have no doubt Russia will use the intelligence that Snowden gave them against us as well.

Robin Simco
of the Independent wrote:
When it comes to stopping terrorist attacks, groups that seek to harm the West also now have an advanced understanding about our capacity to stop them. A video released in January onto a jihadist online platform explained just some of what mujahideen fighters had taken from Snowden: "All mobile phone providers use the same software, your device continuously is in contact with the nearest tower," it says. "Your different coordinates are tracked and stored. All your calls, messages and internet history are stored in this same place […]With his phone, tablet or laptop the enemy can listen/record all conversations and meetings."

The video also provided advice on how to avoid detection, listing software packages that protect against surveillance and where to acquire them from.

Snowden’s disclosures have led to changes in the way that terrorists communicate. One senior US intelligence official told me that, post-Snowden, this was the “most significant change” that had taken place and others have corroborated that this shift has occurred. Speaking in November 2013, then-Chair of the House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Mike Rogers, said that Snowden’s disclosures had allowed three different al-Qaeda affiliates to change the way they communicate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/co ... 07959.html
Politics_Observer wrote:Your different coordinates are tracked and stored. All your calls...

They could have obtained exactly the same information from you. You haven't shied away from telling everyone here how to secure their communications.

Should we be building a scaffold for you?

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 30 Oct 2020 15:45, edited 2 times in total.
^ He's not going to answer any questions that challenge his blind thinking on this topic, Godstud. That should be clear at this point in this thread. He's repeatedly asked for evidence for his stupid claims and he doesn't have any because his claims are stupid.

An official from The Pentagon who gave a statement at the Manning trial stated NOBODY was hurt by the documents Manning shared with Wikileaks. If PO believes there was, he is suggesting The Pentagon lied. I'll ask again, is The Pentagon lying, PO?

Glenn Greenwald explains a lot of the facts from 11 mins onwards re: the Snowden's story, PO should maybe watch it.
@Politics_Observer The NSA was ruled as engaging in ILLEGAL information collection and breach of privacy against many Americans. It also went against the US Constitution, something that you are under oath to DEFEND.

Try answering without insults and losing your freaking mind. :roll:

Most of the infractions involve unauthorized surveillance of Americans or foreign intelligence targets in the United States, both of which are restricted by statute and executive order. They range from significant violations of law to typographical errors that resulted in unintended interception of U.S. e-mails and telephone calls.

The documents, provided earlier this summer to The Washington Post by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, include a level of detail and analysis that is not routinely shared with Congress or the special court that oversees surveillance. In one of the documents, agency personnel are instructed to remove details and substitute more generic language in reports to the Justice Department and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

NSA surveillance program violates the constitution, ACLU says
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... lu-lawsuit
@Godstud

You are the one that was yelling man, I was yelling back at you. You're wrong Godstud about Snowden. He is no hero at all in the least bit. You got it all wrong buddy. And so does the ACLU. Their is a VERY GOOD reason why Obama or the democrats don't give Snowden a pardon. It's because Snowden isn't who he says he is.
I asked the question several times and you ignored it, so I had to repeat it in a way that you might SEE it. I was never insulting, however.

What the NSA did was very illegal, unethical and against Constitutional rights of Americans. They have not been held accountable. Were this the case, I could understand wanting Snowden to also be held accountable. I could agree with that, but since the NSA is "untouchable", it sort of supports the reason why Snowden did it in the first place.

Your claims of him doing it thru regular channels, can be shown as being sheer fantasy. He would have been silenced.

You want justice? I agree. Condemn the NSA. Deal with them, and THEN deal with Snowden's breach of an agreement he made, and that the NSA also made, to Americans. Why isn't the head of the NSA up on the same charges as Snowden?
Politics_Observer wrote:@skinster

Skinster, just shut your damn mouth. At the end of the day, all Americans are just infidels to you and you have proven yourself as just fucking another fucking Haji. You don't give two shits about anybody but yourself. You have no credibility.

I'm not going to stop posting just because you're having another episode. The fact is, you're wrong, and people keep pointing this out and you won't listen, thinking getting hysterical is in any way convincing. You can't stop to think for a second that your government doesn't give a fuck about you, because that might open your mind up to the fact that your entire life as a dumb pawn for your government's wars was for nothing but making a few people a bit richer. It's not about freedom or democracy, bombing entire countries doesn't bring freedom, otherwise it'd be there in Iraq and Afghanistan today. You were just a pawn, and I'm only calling that shit out because you keep bringing it up in your posts as though anyone should give a shit about paid killers.

And then you defend the same government that spies on you, that just shows how stupid you are. :lol:
@skinster

And I am not going to stop posting either just because selfish people like you want to rub salt in the wounds of other people. So I guess that makes us even. Maybe you should stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. That way we don't have to keep meeting like this. And don't ask for any help from me either anymore since you ain't got damn common courtesy towards anybody.

This is too verbose to excuse thinking teaching ho[…]

Let me guess, those were Hamas fighters like the o[…]

@FiveofSwords What a professor of biological […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hopefully, we will all get what we deserve. Frie[…]