GSA Tells Biden That Transition Can Formally Begin - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Michigan certified their vote as a win for Biden and so the GSA has told Biden's team that the formal transition process can begin. A victory for our republic (the American republic) and democracy. Looking forward to new leadership under President-elect Biden. I am sure he will do a better job than Trump.

Kristen Holmes and Jeremy Herb of CNN wrote:The General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

The letter is the first step the administration has taken to acknowledge President Donald Trump's defeat, more than two weeks after Biden was declared the winner in the election.

Murphy said she had not been pressured by the White House to delay the formal transition and did not make a decision "out of fear or favoritism."

"Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts," Murphy wrote. "I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination."

The letter signals that Murphy has formally signed off on Biden's victory, a normally perfunctory process known as ascertainment. The move will allow the transition to officially begin, permitting current administration agency officials to coordinate with the incoming Biden team, and providing millions in government funding for the transition.

The move toward ascertainment comes after Michigan formally certified its election results on Monday and Georgia certified its razor-thin presidential results on Friday. Pennsylvania is nearing certification of its election results, too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics ... index.html
Politics_Observer wrote:Michigan certified their vote as a win for Biden and so the GSA has told Biden's team that the formal transition process can begin. A victory for our republic (the American republic) and democracy. Looking forward to new leadership under President-elect Biden. I am sure he will do a better job than Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics ... index.html

How many trillions worth of crap does he have to spend before you think he has done a better job than Trump? I just want to know how low the limbo bar goes.
Politics_Observer wrote:I am sure their will be plenty of challenges. However, at least for the next 4 years we will be heading back in the right direction.

Maybe the right direction for you, but you know what I think about Yankee imperialism. Another 4 years of Trump would have destroyed it for good, but perhaps the planet too. If it's a return to Obama-style politics, it won't be so bad. Obama was naïve about geopolitics, but at least he didn't pursue aggressive foreign policy goals. His policy towards Russia was mistaken, but his China policy was a lot smarter than what Trump did. But even under Obama, the Neocons had their way in Ukraine.

But as long as the Democrats don't have a majority in the Senate, Biden can't undo the damage done by Trump. A Republican Senate won't ratify the Paris Agreement or the Iran Deal, which means he'll be a lame duck president and US foreign policy will remain in Limbo for other imperial powers to exploit.
@Goranhammer

Well, that's easy to answer. Trump has alienated our allies, allowed the COVID pandemic to get WAY out of control to what we are seeing today, undermined our institutions that ensure a republican form of government with some features of democracy, he has divided our country with his rhetoric and actions and hollowed out government agencies that work for the common good. Plus, he abandoned our allies and furthered the cause of strongman with his foreign policy and actions at home. So, there you go. Question answered!
Politics_Observer wrote:Trump has alienated our allies

Boris likes him.

allowed the COVID pandemic to get WAY out of control to what we are seeing today

Bound to happen anyway. Also consider the fact that Democrats were trying to open up the country, even encouraging excessive face-to-face interaction, while Trump closed borders.

This was in FEBRUARY. Notice all the masks? Yeah, I didn't either.

undermined our institutions that ensure a republican form of government with some features of democracy

You'll have to help me out with which institutions those are.

he has divided our country with his rhetoric and actions

Because he doesn't kowtow? He went against an ideology which is basically personified by a giant, violent, anti-American mob. Unite with that? How? By giving them everything they want and shouting, "I'm a straight white male, I must be evil"?

hollowed out government agencies that work for the common good

Oh I hope you're kidding about that. Maybe you like the FBI, which has employees plotting to do anything and everything to prevent Trump from becoming president, or by known and documented liars, traitors and treasonists like James Comey and Andrew McCabe?

So, there you go. Question answered!

Why thank you. Thank you so much.

No, I am not talking to a person who gives decent[…]

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]