A mob has broken into the capitol building - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15146863
This is something I have been worried about.

"Shortly after 1 p.m. ET hundreds of pro-Trump protesters pushed through barriers set up along the perimeter of the Capitol, where they tussled with officers in full riot gear, some calling the officers "traitors" for doing their jobs. About 90 minutes later, police said demonstrators got into the building and the doors to the House and Senate were being locked. Shortly after, the House floor was evacuated by police.
Vice President Mike Pence was also evacuated from Capitol, where he was to perform his role in the counting of electoral votes.
Video from inside the Capitol showed Trump supporters marching through Statuary Hall. The US Capitol Police is asking for additional law enforcement for assistance, including federal authorities, per a source familiar.

The source says there are several suspicious devices outside the Capitol building."


https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics ... index.html
#15146865
It's no surprise. They won't be holding the inauguration on the capitol steps either. It's not because of covid either. It's because the Secret Service cannot vouch for Biden's safety, and because the establishment doesn't want to see Biden booed by the tens or even hundreds of thousands of Trump supporters demonstrating at his inauguration.

When you get right down to it, the constitution is just words on paper. Just like money is just paper. If you hyper-inflate it, money becomes worthless. If you stuff ballot boxes, you do not destroy your political opponent. You destroy the democracy itself.
#15146866
In 52 BC, a mob broke into the Senate building of the Roman Republic, and burnt it to the ground. This is how it begins.... :)
#15146869
Potemkin wrote:In 52 BC, a mob broke into the Senate building of the Roman Republic, and burnt it the ground. This is how it begins.... :)


They did that because Milo died and by the way, he had it coming. You can't compare a death of a rabble rouser to what is currently happening :hmm:
#15146872
JohnRawls wrote:They did that because Milo died and by the way, he had it coming. You can't compare a death of a rabble rouser to what is currently happening :hmm:

I believe I can. Lol. :)
#15146874
blackjack21 wrote:It's no surprise. They won't be holding the inauguration on the capitol steps either. It's not because of covid either. It's because the Secret Service cannot vouch for Biden's safety, and because the establishment doesn't want to see Biden booed by the tens or even hundreds of thousands of Trump supporters demonstrating at his inauguration.

When you get right down to it, the constitution is just words on paper. Just like money is just paper. If you hyper-inflate it, money becomes worthless. If you stuff ballot boxes, you do not destroy your political opponent. You destroy the democracy itself.


@blackjack21 , the foundational principle that is superior is that of the public good. Rigged election or not, the common good is not served by rioting in the streets and mobs storming the Capitol. I don't care whether it's Demoniacs on the ''Left'' or Demoniacs on the ''Right'', they need to disperse and go home during this pandemic, or face a beating and arrest. Or worse.
#15146876
Unfortunately, I can believe it. This is what has been brewing for years, and the pathetic response by police after BLM only heightens it. They trained for this shit, bought APCs, turned out in camo, but can't protect the capitol building from these idiots.

This demonstrates completely that the police use military force by choice, not necessity. They are choosing not to now. Apparently, force is used to defend a Target, not the Capitol.

BTW, the pictures of a mob with a Blue Lives Matter charging the police is saved permanently to my hard drive. Every one of these idiots had better be serving 20 consecutive possession of marijuana charges.
#15146879
blackjack21 wrote:If you stuff ballot boxes,


Damn straight!!! And here is the proof:

Image

It's obvious Fat Donald won …….. there were lots and lots of morons attending his covid spreading rallies. In the future that's how elections should be decided …… the candidate with the most rallies should win :hmm:
#15146881
@blackjack21

So much for law and order right blackjack? Don't these people have jobs? Anyway, Trump IS the establishment. THAT, NAMELY TRUMP and his RICH WHITE BACKERS ARE THE ESTABLISHMENT. PURE AND SIMPLE. Trump and his supporters are not interested in freedom and democracy. They are interested in POWER ONLY. They do not care about anybody else or anything else and they continue to demonstrate that. YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG BLACKJACK. If you want to fight the establishment blackjack then vote democrat. But I know that you are probably a member of the establishment yourself and thus wouldn't want to vote democrat because the rich republicans SERVE THE ESTABLISHMENT and ARE THE ESTABLISHMENT. That's why you vote republican.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 06 Jan 2021 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
#15146885
Zagadka wrote:Unfortunately, I can believe it. This is what has been brewing for years, and the pathetic response by police after BLM only heightens it. They trained for this shit, bought APCs, turned out in camo, but can't protect the capitol building from these idiots.

This demonstrates completely that the police use military force by choice, not necessity. They are choosing not to now. Apparently, force is used to defend a Target, not the Capitol.

BTW, the pictures of a mob with a Blue Lives Matter charging the police is saved permanently to my hard drive. Every one of these idiots had better be serving 20 consecutive possession of marijuana charges.


They are currently deploying the National Guard in DC. I hope the reaction will be a lot tougher than in the summer, though.
#15146888
@blackjack21

Here is what the news is reporting.

Image

Trump and his supporters seek to destroy freedom, democracy, our republic and the rule of law. That's what Trump and his supporters stand for: lawlessness and unchecked power.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 06 Jan 2021 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
#15146889
wat0n wrote:They are currently deploying the National Guard in DC. I hope the reaction will be a lot tougher than in the summer, though.

The last reports I heard were that the DOJ was standing down. It is a bit too late, though, they are already in the Capitol.

ImageImageImageImage
#15146895
Potemkin wrote:In 52 BC, a mob broke into the Senate building of the Roman Republic, and burnt it the ground. This is how it begins.... :)

Yep. Nancy Pelosi shot the last arrow in her quiver, and today she had to be whisked out of the Capitol as crowds of protesters swarmed into the building overwhelming the Capitol police.

wat0n wrote:DC's major declared a curfew and the National Guard will be deployed. Let's see if they get along with the military.

Ha ha! Fun times!

annatar1914 wrote:@blackjack21 , the foundational principle that is superior is that of the public good. Rigged election or not, the common good is not served by rioting in the streets and mobs storming the Capitol.

The government does not serve the public good, and they only way they are going to hear that is to come face-to-face with an angry mob. Trump supporters are generally non-violent until Antifa types start fights with them. I don't expect them to burn down the Capitol building. However, I think it is important that they understand that nobody is buying their bullshit anymore.

annatar1914 wrote:I don't care whether it's Demoniacs on the ''Left'' or Demoniacs on the ''Right'', they need to disperse and go home during this pandemic, or face a beating and arrest. Or worse.

A beating, huh? You think that's going to cool things down? Look how many people there are. There simply isn't enough jail space for that to work. Sure, you might find someone among the crowd with money and squeeze a nice fine out of them, but it's not going to change sentiment one iota I think.

Zagadka wrote:This is what has been brewing for years, and the pathetic response by police after BLM only heightens it. They trained for this shit, bought APCs, turned out in camo, but can't protect the capitol building from these idiots.

Well, BLM and Antifa have been rioting all year and the Democrats urged it on. Now they are saying, "this is unacceptable" all huffy-like. Really? What if Trump supporters were like Antifa and started shooting mortars into the Capitol? For the most part, this is what peaceful protest looks like. Suddenly, the political left is opposed to peaceful protests.

Politics_Observer wrote:If you want to fight the establishment blackjack then vote democrat.

Bwahahahahaha!
#15146897
blackjack21 wrote:Well, BLM and Antifa have been rioting all year and the Democrats urged it on. Now they are saying, "this is unacceptable" all huffy-like. Really? What if Trump supporters were like Antifa and started shooting mortars into the Capitol? For the most part, this is what peaceful protest looks like. Suddenly, the political left is opposed to peaceful protests.

Is storming the Capitol building really a peaceful protest? People were met with teargas and rubber bullets for peaceful protests in the street, not storming government buildings and being asked to leave.

These people are actual terrorists.
#15146904
@blackjack21

Well there are calls growing now to completely suspend ALL of Trump's social media accounts. I support that move. He is peddling lies and inciting violence and sedition. It's lawless Mr. Law and Order republican ;) .

Brian Fung of CNN wrote:Tech platforms faced growing calls Wednesday afternoon to suspend President Trump’s social media accounts for his role in instigating riots at the Capitol.

The Anti-Defamation League issued a statement accusing Trump of promoting sedition and inciting violence.

"President Trump has a responsibility to call for an end to this violence and unrest that he has sowed. His campaign of disinformation is a clear and present danger to our democracy," said ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt. "But until such time as that happens, social media companies should suspend his accounts ASAP as they would do for anyone else advocating disinformation and promoting violence. It’s time."

"Why is Trump still allowed to tweet?" asked Nikole Hannah-Jones, a reporter for the New York Times Magazine.

Trump has called for his supporters to "remain peaceful" but has not called for them to stand down, despite calls by many Republicans for him to do so.


https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 8659bbbd6d
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 47
Election 2020

Disgruntled members might lead to a smaller paych[…]

Agreed. At this point we have no idea where it ori[…]

Racism definition & use

Yes, any group can be racist against whites or ot[…]

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/[…]