Dildos and vibrators are blockading the Suez Canal - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

This will deal the final death blow to the decadent West. What are people going to do without their dildos and vibrators ... :lol:

If at least they had some blow-up dolls, they could perhaps float the ship again.

Dildos and vibrators are blockading the Suez Canal

Erotic company EDC Retail in Veendam says it is suffering major losses because a stalled container ship blocks the Suez Canal. As a result, a ship with sex toys cannot continue.
Saw the front page of the Daily Star, which is always good for a laugh,proclaiming spoon botherer Uri Gellar wants us all to concentrate our minds at 11.11 am precisely to get the bloody ship round the bend. On the corner is a pic of prince Harry with his eyes blacked out asking how did this bloke get his green card? and to look inside for the answer. Cheered me up no end - and the sun is shining.
Oh no!

The brake pads for my bicycle are on that ship as well.

It's interesting if the Suez Canal is not blocked but actually blockaded, because then it's been blockaded by a Taiwanese company since March 23. However, three days later Taiwan reports largest incursion yet by Chinese military aircraft.

The Guardian wrote:Twenty Chinese military aircraft entered Taiwan’s air defence identification zone on Friday in the largest incursion yet reported by the island’s defence ministry, marking a dramatic escalation in tensions across the Taiwan Strait.

Bloomberg wrote:China’s exports surged in the first two months of the year, reflecting strong global demand for manufactured goods and with figures partly skewed by the low base in 2020 when the economy was in lockdown.

Exports jumped 60.6% in dollar terms in the January-February period from a year earlier, data from the General Administration of Customs showed Sunday, well above the 40% median estimate in a Bloomberg survey of economists. In February alone, exports more than doubled from last year.

The Conversation wrote:Shortages will remind manufacturers of the fragility of global supply chains, and they may look at how to reduce their dependency on specific sources, particularly those that are distant and rely on container shipping.
So the newest Suez Crisis is over without a war this time. :excited: However, we should definitely consider setting up regional dildo and vibrator factories rather than purchasing them from overseas. No more dildos and vibrators made in China, especially if we mean to curb their exports anyway! :lol:
Taiwan News wrote:Taiwan Evergreen truck jams traffic in China

Everstuck: Netizens compare gridlock caused by container truck to Suez Canal obstruction

By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2021/03/29 11:30

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Amid the global shipping crisis caused by a ship chartered by Taiwan's Evergreen Marine Corp., a truck carrying an Evergreen container caused a massive traffic jam on a busy expressway in China.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. ;)
Atlantis wrote:...dildos and vibrators ... :lol:

Imageold school, plug-in vibrator-dildo kit

I have to take issue with this trivialization of dildos and vibrators.

You seem to be suggesting that these items are "a sign of decadence" rather than the products of an advanced culture.

Meanwhile, autonomous cars are considered cutting edge and signs of progress and advancement.

What is a dildo-vibrator other than an autonomous penis.

If self-driving cars are "the golden, happy future," why not self-penetrating penises as well?
B0ycey wrote:Indeed. Although what is a Taiwan truck doing in China... except for blocking a highway of cause. :lol:

It's a container truck, and it's doing the same in China as Ever Given does in the seas. You need a container ship to block the Suez Canal, while you only need a container truck to block an express highway in China, in the one direction at least. I wonder, though, if Taiwan's airspace will be violated again as a response by the Chinese air force. ;)
Beren wrote:Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. ;)

Perhaps it's a very gentle reminder to China of just how easily it would be to shut down China's entire trade. Perhaps it's why the US did nothing when Iran seized foreign tankers, although that message is sent to more than just China.

Beren wrote:I wonder, though, if Taiwan's airspace will be violated again as a response by the Chinese air force. ;)

I wonder if the US will let Iran close the Strait of Hormuz. Have you noticed the China-Iran deal of the last few days? It seems they must be seeing as many threats as opportunities.
blackjack21 wrote:Perhaps it's a very gentle reminder to China of just how easily it would be to shut down China's entire trade.

This whole incident was a reminder to all of us how easily a trade or economic conflict can turn into a military one, although I wonder if how many connected the dots. The issue is that while China appears to be the biggest beneficiary of world trade and any disruption in world trade seems to hurt them the most, they're not really a global military, especially naval, power capable of securing their trade routes. They just couldn't do anything to secure the Suez Canal, for example, although it'd be vital to them to do so. However, they could wage a war on Taiwan anytime, of course, especially if they're actually provoked by them. So no wonder that three days after Ever Given had blocked the Suez Canal, they violated the Taiwanese airspace as never before, and three days later Ever Given got freed and the Suez Canal got passable again. I wouldn't think we were on the verge of a military conflict, but its possibility appeared on the horizon, and now I understand why we hear so much about the inevitability of an armed conflict between the US and China recently.

blackjack21 wrote:Perhaps it's why the US did nothing when Iran seized foreign tankers

Seizing foreign tankers is still a diplomatic rather than a military issue, I guess.

blackjack21 wrote:I wonder if the US will let Iran close the Strait of Hormuz.

No, and it wouldn't be so easy to do as blocking the Suez Canal is anyway.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]