Derek Chauvin Trial LIVE - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

blackjack21 wrote:Your citation is in the context of restraining BOTH hands and feet together in the prone position...

Lane asked, "should we roll him on his side?" and the defendant [Chauvin] said, "No, staying put where we got him." Officer Lane said, "I am worried about excited delirium or whatever." The defendant said, "That's why we have him on his stomach."

— Complaint, State of Minnesota, Plaintiff, vs. DEREK MICHAEL CHAUVIN.

Thao obtained a 'hobble restraint' from the squad car to restrain Mr. Floyd. The restraint is a piece of webbing or belt designed to go around a person's legs to limit movement. Once fitted (It never was), protocol dictates that the officer place the arrestee in the recovery position.

The defense tried to use the 'they had to remove the hobble' excuse as to why the officers stopped EMTs from treating him immediately.

* Edited to put [Chauvin] in his place and remove excess words.
Last edited by ingliz on 02 Apr 2021 14:03, edited 3 times in total.
ness31 wrote:Edit - just to clarify a bit further, it’s murder not simply because they denied him medical attention, they proactively hastened his decline. Was that done on purpose?

I don't think the cops wanted to murder a man while everybody was filming the incident.
The cops are likely hardened and unsympathetic to people like GF. His complaints about not been able to breathe were ignored and they likely assumed Floyd was just a histrionic captive. This is negligence and is likely due to judging Floyd according to his status and yes , his skin color. They probably felt it was the typical PTSD after arrest and carried on. They are guilty and the trial is just a "going thru the motions show.
I don't think the cops wanted to murder a man while everybody was filming the incident.

It’s unfathomable, right? And here we are basing our opinions of whether it was premeditated murder on what we want to believe of human nature. I don’t think we can even comprehend it. How? In broad daylight with members of the public filming it all? It’s totally whack and none of it makes sense.

For myself personally at least, after everything I saw in that footage it’s in no way a stretch for me to believe that posse of cops thought about what they were doing, weighed the possible outcomes and carried on with their course of action.
The killer’s actions make sense if we assume he thought he was in the right.

And since the killer is a cop and the target was a black man, and because the killer had got away with similar crimes before, he probably thought he was not going to be charged for killing Mr. Floyd.
And then there’s that ^^ :|

It’s bullshit that Chauvin is copping it all though...the others are just as guilty.
ness31 wrote:It’s unfathomable, right? And here we are basing our opinions of whether it was premeditated murder on what we want to believe of human nature. I don’t think we can even comprehend it. How? In broad daylight with members of the public filming it all? It’s totally whack and none of it makes sense.

For myself personally at least, after everything I saw in that footage it’s in no way a stretch for me to believe that posse of cops thought about what they were doing, weighed the possible outcomes and carried on with their course of action.

Cops are hardened by dealing with whacky people 24/7. They have seen all this song and dance before and Chauvin likely thought GF was just histrionic. He had zero empathy for Floyd, that is why he acted as he did. It is that simple.

Many blacks tend to get histrionic with the cops because of the post racism PTSD. The world famous black astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson has spoken about his experience with the police. He is always calm and extremely polite and hence is well treated. However, not everyone is an astrophysicist.
ness31 wrote:It’s bullshit that Chauvin is copping it all, though.

He isn't.

The other officers are being charged as accomplices to a crime. Whether they end up in court or not is dependent on the outcome of this trial.

blackjack21 wrote:in the prone position

Re: postional asphyxia

Minneapolis police are not taught to put knees on necks.

Lt. Richard Zimmerman testified today that MPD training is if a handcuffed suspect complains of a medical problem, officers sit him down on the kerb and call for medical assistance.

If the suspect is violent and needs to be hobbled, officers place him in the recovery position and call for medical assistance.
Guys Chauvin is guilty no worries.
The GF incident was the injection BLM needed to secretly promote their marxist agenda.
I would hope cops all over the USA learned something from this.
Julian658 wrote:The GF incident was the injection BLM needed to secretly promote their marxist agenda.
Sure it is...

Is yours on too tight?
There is speculation that Floyd was in the middle of buying drugs and then took them all as the cops arrived. Anyone care to rebuff that theory?
@ness31 Where is the evidence of this "theory"? it sounds more like assholes making up BS to justify the police officers murdering him.
I think it’s being deduced by the fact that Morris (Maurice?) Lester Hall, who was with Floyd in the passenger seat is now pleading the 5th so as not to incriminate himself :|

Not that it changes anything.

And also, was Floyd in the Emergency department weeks before due to an overdose? Again, it doesn’t change anything, but it would be better if the whole picture was readily available in the media so that the arsehole cops aren’t martyred..
Beren wrote:So how is that Woke Disney BLM production going? Guilty or not guilty?

The cops are guilty.
The left wants to paint George Floyd as pious as Mother Theresa.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]