Derek Chauvin Trial LIVE - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Read some tweets stating that this is about Chauvin being on trial and not Floyd (Chauvin's defence attorney pointing to Floyd being intoxicated on drugs).

I couldn't care less about Chauvin but 'blaming the victim' and creating reasonable doubt is exactly what every defence attorney would do to defend their client in these circumstances.

There is no ambiguity to whether he caused his death, what remains is to cast doubt on responsibility, either on Floyd or others.
Potemkin wrote:A show trial? Excellent....

If only! I have no doubt he'll be acquitted of the already watered-down charges, once the defence lawyers destroy the prosecution case by proving that George Floyd was black. :|
Pretty tall order to claim drugs caused cardiac arrest when a knee was on a neck for 9 minutes. Are we seriously to believe Floyd was about to die anyway? You have more success getting out the gloves and making him put them on. :lol:
Heisenberg wrote:If only! I have no doubt he'll be acquitted of the already watered-down charges, once the defence lawyers destroy the prosecution case by proving that George Floyd was black. :|

Half the jury is black. He is well and truly fucked.
By late
I don't have the death penalty where I live, and don't want one.

But, since the defense doesn't think a knee on the neck is a big deal, why not make that his punishment for exactly the same length of time.

I know I am indulging my baser emotions, but if police thought they would get a taste of their own medicine, I am quite sure you would see less lethal medicine...
B0ycey wrote:Half the jury is black. He is well and truly fucked.

Floyd was on his way out because a drug overdose. However the cop helped Floyd die. If the cop is not guilty America will burn. And they will blame Trump instead of the black chief of police.
B0ycey wrote:Pretty tall order to claim drugs caused cardiac arrest when a knee was on a neck for 9 minutes. Are we seriously to believe Floyd was about to die anyway? You have more success getting out the gloves and making him put them on. :lol:

I think the cop caused his death. I also think it's likely there were factors with Floyd's health and drug use that made that more likely to occur. I mean the guy was also having a panic attack it seemed as he was being put in the back of the squad car.

Either way, the cop is at fault. I just don't think they took Floyd's cries seriously. Cops put up with a lot of lies by people they're dealing with, but it's still not an excuse. This case and the Eric Garner case seem very similar. The cops got off all charges in that case. He literally choked a man to death.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Huh?

It does not matter if Floyd was dying of an overdose. The cop pushed him over the edge.

Unless, Chauvin followed strict police protocol which I seriously doubt he did.
In this instance the lefties are correct
By Scamp
Have they built a statue to George Floyd yet? The guy is a pillar of "his" community. Convicted felon, thief, robber, illegal drugs, illegal weapons possession. He's a hero to "them".
By Scamp
Julian658 wrote:It does not matter if Floyd was dying of an overdose. The cop pushed him over the edge.

Unless, Chauvin followed strict police protocol which I seriously doubt he did.
In this instance the lefties are correct

How wrong can you be...
MPD training materials show knee-to-neck restraint similar to the one used on Floyd
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/loc ... a1237fc496
Scamp wrote:Have they built a statue to George Floyd yet? The guy is a pillar of "his" community. Convicted felon, thief, robber, illegal drugs, illegal weapons possession. He's a hero to "them".

For then this is a religious movement. Anti-racism has become a religion.

That is religion!
By Scamp
Julian658 wrote:For then this is a religious movement. Anti-racism has become a religion.

That is religion!

You can't fix stupid. Everything is racist to those clowns.
Scamp wrote:How wrong can you be...
MPD training materials show knee-to-neck restraint similar to the one used on Floyd
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/loc ... a1237fc496

I actually think GF would have died of an over dose. However, Chauvin is in a difficult spot. Because it is reasonable to assume he pushed him over the edge. A normal man that is not ODing would have been fine, but GF was on his way out.
Last edited by Julian658 on 31 Mar 2021 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
@Scamp George Floyd's history of crime is irrelevant to this case. He was, in fact, being arrested for an insignificant misdemeanor.

George Floyd being on drugs is irrelevant to this case.

"On his way out"? Rarely have I seen such a stupid statement from anyone @Julian658. Congratulations on saying such a colossally stupid and amoral thing.

A person with terminal cancer can be murdered and they won't let the criminal off because the person was going to die anyways at some future time. George Floyd's death of an overdose at some future time, isn't relevant. What police DID to him, is.

Thank you @Scamp and @Julian658 for identifying yourselves as racists, once again. No one was discussing race in this thread. Only the racists brought that up.
Godstud wrote:@Scamp
"On his way out"? Rarely have I seen such a stupid statement from anyone @Julian658. Congratulations on saying such a colossally stupid and amoral thing.

A person with terminal cancer can be murdered and they won't let the criminal off because the person was going to die anyways at some future time. George Floyd's death of an overdose at some future time, isn't relevant. What police DID to him, is.

Thank you @Scamp and @Julian658 for identifying yourselves as racists, once again. No one was discussing race in this thread. Only the racists brought that up.

GF was intoxicated and perhaps dying of an overdose. It does not matter, the cop finished GF off. Chauvin is guilty.
The GF event is all about racism. How can it be a disgrace to mention racism? What a dumb stupid ignorant statement!!!

I hope you pray to the anti-racism God Kendy every day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I […]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]