Derek Chauvin Trial LIVE - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Julian658 Your racist drivel(as usual) is duly noted.

This is about what the police officer did. George Floyd wasn't resisting arrest when he was murdered. He wasn't dying of an overdose, either.
What Chauvin did was so far beyond what cop is supposed to do that the mulling to be done should be not if he's guilty or not, but exactly what charges he's guilty of and how long he should go to jail for. It also shines a disturbing light on what cops think they can get away with, and why we let them.

That cop's job was to secure the suspect. It means get him in cuffs and restrain him until he calms down. The point of putting significant pressure on the neck is to choke somebody out. Even with Eric Garner you can get a guy in a headlock but you don't have to squeeze to block off blood/air flow. Never seen an MMA fighter die from being choked out because there's a ref there to stop things when a guy goes limp. 8 minutes wtf. What an asshole.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:A show trial?

On Chauvinism. :lol:

Does America approve? Guilty or not guilty? Do black lives really matter? Half the jury is black, so we'll see!

Next... Jerry Springer Show! :excited:
Julian658 wrote:GF was intoxicated and perhaps dying of an overdose. It does not matter, the cop finished GF off. Chauvin is guilty.

Geez, Floyd wasn't about to die of an overdose. He died by a knee to the neck. That is about as absurd as claiming Fields lost his baring when he drove full speed into a crowd in Charlotteville. And if you want to test that out get someone to squeeze both your Jugulars for a few seconds to see what happens. You begin to pass out. Your brain can't handle no blood coming to it. So this is basically the defense throwing a heil Mary and hoping for a miracle. But the video evidence is so damning that he should have just done a plea deal. He should have admitted to third degree murder so second degree murder was dropped. I doubt he meant to kill Floyd, but he was most definitely responsible for it and didn't let off when everyone told him Floyd was dying.
Godstud wrote:@Scamp George Floyd's history of crime is irrelevant to this case. He was, in fact, being arrested for an insignificant misdemeanor.

I've heard that they allowed in that on a previous arrest that Floyd had swallowed a bunch of drugs to prevent discovery and had to be rushed to the hospital where he almost died. We'll see if that comes up at trial.

Floyd was being arrested for passing counterfeit bills. That's a felony and federal law, and punishable by 20 years in prison. I'd call that significant.
B0ycey wrote:the video evidence is so damning

It's like Floyd has multiple black lives that matter and Chauvin takes all of them by kneeling on his throat for 8+ minutes until he runs out of all of his lives as if it's a video game, so he should be convicted and punished for taking one of them at least, I guess.
Beren wrote:It's like Floyd has multiple black lives that matter and Chauvin takes all of them by kneeling on his throat for 8+ minutes until he runs out of all of his lives as if it's a video game, so he should be convicted and punished for taking one of them at least, I guess.

Indeed. This is the issue that people were most aggrieved about. That is to say, without the riots, Chauvin may have gotten away with it because he thought he had the protection of being a police officer and Floyd was black. But it isn't in his training to have a knee on the neck for nine minutes whilst the guy is handcuffed and not moving. So he is guilty and other officers will wise up that people won't tolerate this shit any more. Because you may have gotten away with your illegal practices before now, but in the age of mobile phones and the Internet, we all can see what you are doing now. And a police officer of trust should behave perfectly given that they are in a role of trust. And that is why he will be imprisoned for sure.
blackjack21 wrote:Floyd was being arrested for passing counterfeit bills. That's a felony and federal law, and punishable by 20 years in prison. I'd call that significant.
Get a clue. Under federal law, the use or attempted use of counterfeit currency is only illegal if the person has the intent to defraud the recipient.

Using counterfeit money, even unknowingly, is illegal. But, a court will only charge someone with fraud if it is proven that the individual consciously tried to pass fake money off as real currency.

In other words, he'd have to KNOW it was a fake bill, for it to be a felony.

The alleged counterfeit $20 bill used by George Floyd wasn't inspected or collected before his fatal arrest in Minneapolis, according to one of the first officers at the scene.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 82781.html

Julian658 wrote:GF was intoxicated and perhaps dying of an overdose.
Pure supposition and irrelevant. George Floyd was murdered and did not die of an overdose. What he "might" have died of, isn't of any importance. He might of died of a heart attack 2 minutes later. NOT relevant.
Julian658 wrote:For then this is a religious movement. Anti-racism has become a religion.

That is religion!

They're literally mourning a man's death. Some might even go so far as to call it NORMAL HUMAN BEHAVIOR, you freakin' weirdo. Can you even see your reflection in a mirror?
6 BAME, 6 White jurors?

It will end in a mistrial when the jury cannot reach a majority verdict. Historically, White jurors in America have not convicted police officers for crimes committed against Blacks.
Saeko wrote:They're literally mourning a man's death. Some might even go so far as to call it NORMAL HUMAN BEHAVIOR, you freakin' weirdo. Can you even see your reflection in a mirror?

As a cult member you cannot see it.

It is sad the GF died. And Chauvin is guilty. However, that is not the point. The issue is that anti racism has become a religious movement.
By Saeko
Julian658 wrote:As a cult member you cannot see it.

It is sad the GF died. And Chauvin is guilty. However, that is not the point. The issue is that anti racism has become a religious movement.

Anti-racism never killed anybody.
B0ycey wrote:Geez, Floyd wasn't about to die of an overdose. He died by a knee to the neck. That is about as absurd as claiming Fields lost his baring when he drove full speed into a crowd in Charlotteville. And if you want to test that out get someone to squeeze both your Jugulars for a few seconds to see what happens. You begin to pass out. Your brain can't handle no blood coming to it. So this is basically the defense throwing a heil Mary and hoping for a miracle. But the video evidence is so damning that he should have just done a plea deal. He should have admitted to third degree murder so second degree murder was dropped. I doubt he meant to kill Floyd, but he was most definitely responsible for it and didn't let off when everyone told him Floyd was dying.

The carotid artery is in front of the neck, not the back. Learn physiology or anatomy before you say something stupid.
Floyd was short of breath and could not stand on his feet before.

I cannot overstate this anymore, Chauvin is guilty, nevertheless GF was overdosing. Chauvin simply pushed Floyd over the edge.
It is important to leave your bias behind.
By Saeko
Julian658 wrote:The carotid artery is in front of the neck, not the back. Learn physiology or anatomy before you say something stupid.

I cannot overstate this anymore, Chauvin is guilty, nevertheless GF was overdosing. Chauvin simply pushed Floyd over the edge.
It is important to leave your bias behind.

Source, please.
Saeko wrote:Source, please.

Let's see what the toxicology report says about how much drugs he had on his system. But, it does not matter. The video is incriminating.
ingliz wrote:6 BAME, 6 White jurors?

It will end in a mistrial when the jury cannot reach a majority verdict. Historically, White jurors in America have not convicted police officers for crimes committed against Blacks.

Cops also get exonerated when shooting whites. You need to be fair with your statements.
By Saeko
Julian658 wrote:Image

Let's see what the toxicology report says about how much drugs he had on his system. But, it does not matter. The video is incriminating.

Oh ok, I see you believing ridiculous nonsense without even having any evidence.... and yet you're complaining about religions. Curious!
Julian658 wrote:The carotid artery is in front of the neck, not the back. Learn physiology or anatomy before you say something stupid.

The knee was on the neck. So the pressure was on the neck. Where arteries are is irrelevant when you are pressing against it. :roll:

For example if I stamp on a carton of eggs, do just the tops smash off I wonder? But that doesn't matter. Do you think Floyd was about to die? Yes or no? If not, what was the cause? That is all that matters in this court case. Playing your, oh think of the rightwingers narrative BS that you seem to be playing recently doesn't matter in this case. If you think Chauvin is guilty stop making excuses for the guy.
B0ycey wrote:The knee was on the neck. So the pressure was on the neck. Where arteries are is irrelevant when you are pressing against it. :roll:

For example if I stamp on a carton of eggs, do just the tops smash off I wonder? But that doesn't matter. Do you think Floyd was about to die? Yes or no? If not, what was the cause? That is all that matters in this court case. Playing your, oh think of the rightwingers narrative BS that you seem to be playing recently doesn't matter in this case. If you think Chauvin is guilty stop making excuses for the guy.

Sorry, but I don't drink Kool-Aid as you obviously do.

Chauvin is guilty. I cannot overstate that anymore.

However, I believe Floyd was was ill before the knee touched him. Let's wait and see the results of the toxicology. That Floyd was overdosing does not exonerate Chauvin.

Why is this so hard to accept to the left religious anti-racist left?

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Major General Harri Ohra-Aho on Russia's decision […]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]