Musk has bought Twitter - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s buyout deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/twitter ... -deal.html

Twitter’s board accepted billionaire Elon Musk’s offer to buy the social media company and take it private, the company confirmed.
The announcement ends a weekslong saga Musk kicked off when he offered to buy the company at $54.20 per share, his “best and final.”
Twitter’s board sought to fend off a hostile takeover by adopting a so-called poison pill.

:muha1:
By ness31
So when they say he’s going to take it private, what does that mean? Wasn’t it already privately owned? It wasn’t publicly owned…or is he just getting rid of shareholders ?
ness31 wrote:So when they say he’s going to take it private, what does that mean? Wasn’t it already privately owned? It wasn’t publicly owned…or is he just getting rid of shareholders ?

Really? The depth of knowledge here is just......................

NYSE: TWTR

*We need a facepalm emoji on this board.
ness31 wrote:So when they say he’s going to take it private, what does that mean? Wasn’t it already privately owned? It wasn’t publicly owned…or is he just getting rid of shareholders ?

It means it's coming off the stock exchange, it will no longer be publicly traded - there will no longer be a CEO with a board of directors or shareholders. All shareholders are gonna get liquidated. It will just be Twitter and Musk.

Musk did joke he would buy twitter just to shut it down so that teen tracking his jet in real time can't do it anymore. (he can't ban him because Musk is a free speech absolutist). So it's quite possible twitter will be deleted. The truth is musk has hundreds of billions to simply burn and he's a shitlord so I wouldn't put it past him.

Sure twitter is a powerful media platform-perhaps the most powerful media platform in the English speaking world. But Musk is even more powerful. He might just be exhibiting his power level.

Also, Musk buys Twitter and the White House immediately announces revamping Section 230, the law that regulates social media platforms' liability.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/whit ... 022-04-25/

Truly tickles the almonds. Shows you who controlled the narrative on this platform. I hope he makes twitters former censorship regime public. I want to see the point where they started serving the DNC.

Update:

H....h...ha....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
By ness31
So it's quite possible twitter will be deleted

Surely not! :eek: So what’s the upside to having bought a 61 billion dollar platform?
By litwin
Igor Antunov wrote:Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s buyout deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/twitter ... -deal.html

:muha1:

the "golden" (IN REALITY THE ULUS OF ALWAYS DIRTY WC) horde SUCKS AND YOU IVAN KNOW IT ))) :lol:

Twitter, Tesla, SpaceX: A look at Elon Musk's growing empire
https://www.businesstoday.in › LATEST › Corporate
2 hours ago — The company has nearly 99,000 employees and has a market capitalisation of $ 1.031 trillion. Then there is SpaceX, aerospace manufacturer and ...
Missing: stock ‎| Must include: stock

The Russian Stock Market Reopened. Who's Buying?
https://www.nytimes.com › Business › DealBook
26 Mar 2022 — Today, the total value of Russia's market is about $400 billion,

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=181990&p=15224267#p15224267
Saeko wrote:Aaaaannndd.... I've deleted my account. Fuck Twitter.

Good for you! Go with God, but go, and take your ball with you.
Scamp wrote:Has the liberal meltdown started yet?

BIGLY. The free exchange of ideas is a threat. A big one. We must have the iron-fist of the DNC guiding us. :lol:
By Scamp
BlutoSays wrote:BIGLY. The free exchange of ideas is a threat. A big one. We must have the iron-fist of the DNC guiding us. :lol:

Liberal commies against the first ammendment. Pitiful isn't it?
Twitter isn't really an issue of free speech. It's actually about property rights.

That is, twitter is a private company. Their property rights allow them to regulate or not regulate their platform. Their previous bans and regulation are legally theirs to decide on. Seems like people get confounded with this. The first amendment is about the government.

All of that said, I'd imagine Twitter will loosen its restrictions, but it's probably not going to become the wild west. Speech, even free speech, still has consequence. Additionally, they're still going to work on cracking down on bots and shit like that otherwise twitter just becomes a cesspool full of noise that will make it useless to most reasonably smart people.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]