Shinzo Abe Assassinated - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By late
Mike12 wrote:
@BlutoSays
Here come the Royal Guard of the Emperor. He visits all shinto shrines against Korea. He does nothing on korean issues.

They watched The Wolverine(2013).

If you are trying to say you simply made those polls up, yeah, I kinda figured that.
late wrote:Japan's worried about China, and with good reason.

But why would they be worried about China ? China doesnt want their territory or anything ?

Mike12 wrote: Abe is the first former Japanese prime minister to have been assassinated since Saitō Makoto and Takahashi Korekiyo, when they were killed during the February 26 Incident in 1936, and the first congressman to have been assassinated after Kōki Ishii was killed by a yakuza from Yamaguchi Gumi in October 2002.

Ah, yes, that sounds a lot more like Japan.
Last edited by Negotiator on 08 Jul 2022 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
By Mike12
late wrote:If you are trying to say you simply made those polls up, yeah, I kinda figured that.

Yes I sarcastically made up the poll. There's no poll. But that'd be a poll among overalls-wearing americans about it... So I could possibly make up one for you.
By late
Negotiator wrote:

But why would they be worried about China ? China doesnt want their territory or anything ?

Because China wants to be the regional hegemon, and they're in the region.

They've also been enemies for a very long time. Things had been getting better, they do a lot of trade, but Xi makes a lot of people nervous.
By late
ness31 wrote:
Trump and Abe were on pretty good terms weren’t they? :hmm:

Remember how he wanted to kill NATO? We've been slowly reducing our involvement as the global cop, and we've been doing it for a couple of decades.

So yes, Japan's Right likes Trump for a number of reasons, starting with China. But they can also see the handwriting on the wall.
Japan's number one issue is North Korea and Trump handled it very well. During the Trump administration, missiles from the rogue state stopped flying over the country because Trump diplomatically engaged with North Korea. Japan's ruling LDP cannot get along with Democrats and it favors Republican administrations.
By Scamp
When I first heard this I was guessing a samurai sword was the weapon. Because Japan has such strict gun laws.
Seems like a homemade double barreled shotgun was the weapon. So much for gun laws.
late wrote:Because China wants to be the regional hegemon, and they're in the region.

They've also been enemies for a very long time. Things had been getting better, they do a lot of trade, but Xi makes a lot of people nervous.

Militaristic far Right Japanese leaders are universally hated in the PRC. It brings back bad memories of an ambitious Japanese nation from yesteryear.

You start reading up on what the Japanese army did in China in WWII it is total horror. Flaying people alive, raping, burning, beating, torturing, and starving people out, enslaving them and not feeding them till they died working to death without having eaten for months. And having to do incredibly humiliating stuff. No, total hatred the Chinese people have against the Japanese. But over time things have grown much friendlier. But having some Right pro-Trumpy Japanese leader wanting to pad the budget for the military is enough reason to get the Xi man upset.

The IP man fight is one of the hundreds of movies the Chinese produce making the Japanese guys the worst of the worst. It is an ancient feud.

Scamp wrote:When I first heard this I was guessing a samurai sword was the weapon. Because Japan has such strict gun laws.
Seems like a homemade double barreled shotgun was the weapon. So much for gun laws.

So much for gun laws because he could make it with a homemade double barreled shotgun as well and he didn't need an assault rifle to assassinate him, however, there still was a bigger chance of failure than there would have been in the US, where he could have had multiple at least semi-automatic guns with multiple magazines with him, with which he could have killed many others too if he'd wanted to. The point of gun laws is to prevent mass massacres, not to protect one single guy from being shot down somehow.
By Wels
Beren wrote: [...] The point of gun laws is to prevent mass massacres, not to protect one single guy from being shot down somehow.

I take it the point of gun laws would also be to protect "single guy [s] from being shot down somehow."
Yes yes i get your point. But.. just imagine the russian people had access to proper information, and were armed like they are in the US ;)
Tainari88 wrote:Militaristic far Right Japanese leaders are universally hated in the PRC. It brings back bad memories of an ambitious Japanese nation from yesteryear. [...]

Yes. The memories or remembrance of old deeds seem to enrage people of today who have neither suffered nor did anything wrong in their life; is there some people's inter-generational time-connecting hive mind?
Asking for an alien friend because honestly i do not understand it.
Wels wrote:Yes. The memories or remembrance of old deeds seem to enrage people of today who have neither suffered nor did anything wrong in their life; is there some people's inter-generational time-connecting hive mind?
Asking for an alien friend because honestly i do not understand it.

It comes from cultures that take history seriously and they have communally shared histories Wels. The US in particular does not really have long-standing traditions and long unbroken histories with deep roots in one place or region. Both Japan and the PRC are some of the oldest nations on Earth and with long memories of elephants.

Even in my region of the world, we have our rivalries, Puerto Ricans vs Dominicans, Puerto Ricans versus Cubans, etc. It is common @Wels. Henry Ford said history is bunk. It never is. It is the core of the culture of a nation. And if you forget that you make all kinds of assumptions that are not good. The USA does not learn from the past. They should. Otherwise, they keep making the same stupid mistakes.
By Mike12
Tainari88 wrote:It comes from cultures that take history seriously and they have communally shared histories Wels. The US in particular does not really have long-standing traditions and long unbroken histories with deep roots in one place or region. Both Japan and the PRC are some of the oldest nations on Earth and with long memories of elephants.

Even in my region of the world, we have our rivalries, Puerto Ricans vs Dominicans, Puerto Ricans versus Cubans, etc. It is common @Wels. Henry Ford said history is bunk. It never is. It is the core of the culture of a nation. And if you forget that you make all kinds of assumptions that are not good. The USA does not learn from the past. They should. Otherwise, they keep making the same stupid mistakes.

Negotiator wrote:I find it extremely funny that with just some 9 years in office, he's actually the longest serving Prime Minister of his country. :lol:

I would have figured Japan was more conservative and stable.

Even more surprising that its the 5th prime minister to get murdered. I though Japan had amazingly low murder rates ?

Interesting that he was murdered with a homemade weapon. Could the murderer, an ex-military, just not get a real weapon - or did he use a homemade one so it would be easier to hide ?

Either way, pretty extreme.

It's not easy to get a gun in Japan. As far as I know they only allow hunting rifles which have to be checked in at police stations out of season and sports shooting rifles for athletes. And of course there is the black market.
American: muh gunz, muh gun rights, muh freedumbs (shoots up school/concert/supermarket while globohomos rob him blind)
Japanese: muh homemade gun (shoots globohomo piece of shit)

Based Japanese commie.
Tainari88 wrote:The USA does not learn from the past. They should. Otherwise, they keep making the same stupid mistakes.

You keep bashing USA even in this thread. Let me tell you, China is the worse one around here, because freedom of speech is close to non-existent there, unlike the USA, where everyone can critize anyone else for anything.

The Chinese hold spite against Japan because they are told to by CCP. Now that they are the more "muscular" and, more importantly, totalitarian one, we really should worry about China more than Japan.
You need to realize that powerful nations throughout human history don't get there by being just, fair or non violent @Patrickov.

Unlike You I don't think the US government is some free speech heaven. They spy on everyone with the ability to gather info on everyone (Snowden rings a bell). They just are selling the info for a profit.

You are naive about what it takes to become violent fully invested in arms sales and being in constant wars.

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFCE5Kq9ew

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]