Another violent democrat (redundant) loses their mind and murders a republican... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Police: Driver admitted to fatally striking teen at North Dakota street dance after political dispute

Court papers say 41-year-old Shannon Brandt confessed to a 911 dispatcher and police that he fatally struck 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson with his vehicle following a political dispute.

Inforum, September 19, 2022

18-year-old Cayler Ellingson. Contributed photo

MCHENRY, N.D. — According to court papers, it was not an accident but apparently a politically motivated attack.

The fatal vehicle-pedestrian incident happened early Sunday morning, Sept. 18, in McHenry, North Dakota, about 120 miles northwest of Fargo and 54 miles north of Jamestown.

Prosecutors allege moments before he was killed, 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson called his mom to come rescue him because 41-year-old Shannon Brandt was chasing him in the city of McHenry, where the street dance had just wrapped up.

By the time she could get there, her son was dead.

Brandt was officially charged Monday with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.

"He was the one who called 911 to report the crash," said North Dakota Highway Patrol Capt. Bryan Niewind.

Court papers show Brandt called 911 around 2:30 a.m. Sunday and told the 911 dispatcher that he just hit Ellingson, claiming the teen was part of a Republican extremist group and was calling people to come get Brandt after a political argument.

Ellingson's mom told police her son called her just before the crash, asking if she knew Brandt, which she does. She does not believe her son knew him.

"We are still trying to determine what, exactly, transpired at the time of crash and prior to that as well," explained Niewind.

Police say Brandt was drunk when he hit and killed Ellingson with his SUV in an alleyway.

"We do not know of any witnesses. We are still making attempts to interview potential witnesses from the street dance, people that were present prior to the crash happening," Niewind said.

A judge ordered Brandt held on $50,000, which he objected, saying he's not a flight risk.

"I have a job, a life and a house and things I don't want to see go by the wayside — family that are very important to me," Brandt told the judge.

If convicted on the vehicular homicide charge, Brandt would face a minimum of 10 years in prison because of a DUI on his record.

The maximum for the crime is 20 years.

Troopers say as the investigation develops, they could recommend more serious charges.

A gofundme has been set up to help pay for Ellingson's funeral expenses.

https://www.inforum.com/news/north-dako ... al-dispute.
Shannon Brandt, the North Dakota man who allegedly admitted to mowing down 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson with an SUV on September 18, is described by neighbors as a "loner" with mental health conditions.

The 41-year-old is being charged with criminal vehicular homicide, as well as leaving the scene of a crash involving a death after the incident and admitted to striking Ellingson with an SUV near a bar in McHenry where a "street dance" was being held, according to a probable cause affidavit. Ellingson suffered serious injuries from the incident and later died at a local hospital.

A press release from the North Dakota Highway Patrol states that the collision was "head on."

Brandt's criminal history consists of arrests for unlawful possession of alcohol and fleeing a peace officer on foot in October 2006, as well as being arrested for a DUI with actual physical control in February 2002, according to records. From Glenfield, North Dakota, Brandt's neighbors say that he had mental health conditions, with one person who wanted to remain anonymous telling Fox News Digital that the man was "nuts his whole life" and "should have been in a [mental health] institute."

Four of Brandt's neighbors who spoke with Fox News Digital under the condition of anonymity said that they don't believe the incident was motivated by politics, but rather had something to do with mental health problems.

Brandt told a 911 operator that Ellingson was part of a "Republican extremist group" and made threats against him. North Dakota Highway Patrol Captain Bryan Niewind told Fox News Digital on Thursday that there's "no evidence" supporting the claim that Ellingson is part of a "Republican extremist group."

He posted a $50,000 bond on Tuesday and was released from jail... https://news.yahoo.com/shannon-brandt-know-north-dakota-014615198.html
NORTH DAKOTA, BISMARCK: North Dakota police stated there was "no evidence" to suggest that politics was involved in a horrifying case of road rage, when a man allegedly mowed down an 18-year-old boy with his SUV and killed him over a political argument on Sunday, September 18. Shannon Brandt, 41 confessed to the murder of Cayler Ellingson after he chased the boy and ran him over because he was a "Republican extremist."Brandt struck the teen and left the boy writhing in pain after he fled. He reportedly came back and called the cops. Brandt did not wait for the cops to arrive and was arrested from his home in Glenfield for vehicular homicide. Two days later, on Tuesday, September 20, Brandt was released on a $50,000 bail which caused public outrage. Brandt allegedly told the police he was drinking alcohol before he ran over Ellingson as the teen was threatening to send a mob after him after a political disagreement... https://meaww.com/cops-no-evidence-murder-politically-motivated-republican-extremist-shannon-brandt-caylor-ellingson
So let's see if I have this right. Hard right Republican hardliners are all in a tizzy , because they are fearful that they could literally come under fire, ever since Pres. Biden called a spade a spade , in pointing out the semi-fascist tendency of the Trumpist personality cult that the Republican party has become. Yet , the likes of Trump, that bombastic blowhard bully, can go throw around such epithets as " radical left" , in reference to even the most milktoast of center-left liberal Democrats, and if some wackjob wingnut were to kill anyone in response to that sort of incendiary rhetoric, and then so called conservative pundits, and politicians were to be blamed for fanning the flames, they'd be fearing a suppression of their free speech. In my assessment, the alt-right of the today's Republican party do constitute post-fascism , in similar manner to how I can be considered a neocommunist. Really, if Democrats, such as U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan , of Ohio , are part of the radical left , then I must be the ultra-radical left. Yet, I wouldn't freak out with fear if someone were to call me out for being a Communist , due to my left-wing populism , the way that weak kneed national conservatives / post-fascists are now doing when taken to task for their apparent totalitarian mentality. I feel that this incident could prove to be the Trump Republicans' Horst Wessel moment. Are a series of politically charged acts of violence between anticom and antifa squadists to become the norm in the U.S.A. , as it was in Weimar Republic Germany , with each side believing that they are acting in self defense ? I feel that this is why defensivism should be favored over adventurism .
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Life is complex, but laws are simple Whate[…]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]