Mass Anti-Covid Zero Protests in Many Chinese Cities - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

As of half an hour ago, Shandong has canceled its covid tracing app and no longer requires a 48 hour negative test to use public transportation or enter a public place.

Waves Magazine wrote: According to the requirements of the Office of the Leading Group (Headquarters) of the Provincial Party Committee for Overall Epidemic Prevention and Control and Economic Operation, the relevant epidemic prevention and control policies and measures will be optimized and adjusted starting from 0:00 on December 5, 2022.

1、No nucleic acid testing proof and real name registration information needed to purchase "four kinds of drugs" such as antipyretic, cough relieving, antiviral and antibiotic drugs through Internetplatformsorpharmacies.

2、Cancel the mandatory "testing after arriving" requirement at transportation terminals, ports, docks, expressway checkpoints and other places, and continue to provide the testing service.

3、NO HEALTH COOD OR NUCLEIC ACID TEST NEEDED When entering public places such as parks, scenic spots and public transportations such as subways, buses and taxis.
MadMonk wrote:But shouldn't it have hit critical mass earlier somewhere else? How could it not be noticed given how transmittable the disease is?

There was one Chinese doctor who tried to warn the public in early December, as I recall. Maybe it could have gone unnoticed if it started in a sparsely populated and rural region with relatively few carriers, Wuhan becoming the first metropolis affected.

While I do not wish to come across as being presumptuous , it could have gone initially unnoticed, especially given the subpar attention given to low income patients who do not have private health insurance. You see, in the United States, with our for profit HMO system, all costs have to be justified as being necessary. And if it is considered to be unlikely to be anything all that severe, given the symptoms presented, the healthcare professionals are not going to be inclined to want to run further tests to ascertain what exactly the root cause of the ailment is, after ruling out strep throat, as I had mentioned before. So the primary care physician will typically just chalk it up to being an upper respiratory infection, and prescribe anti-biotics, without even knowing for sure that it is bacterial in nature. In addition to this resulting in a sizable number of cases of viral infections going unreported, this has resulted in the rise of anti-biotic resistant bacteria. I feel that America has become somewhat of a medical dystopia, which could conceivably result in it turning into a pestilence ridden wasteland, if things continue as they have been.
Istanbuller wrote:
Why?

Because your writing is so 'out there' that you ought to be stoned.

This has gotten a lot of discussion in medical circles. South Korea learned a lot from an earlier epidemic (we basically missed it) which they put to good use with Covid.

China saw what was happening, and came up with something similar, but even more extreme. The restrictions in SK would never be accepted here, and China is even more severe.

Your assertion that Biden is like Xi, is just plain nuts.
late wrote:Because your writing is so 'out there' that you ought to be stoned.

This has gotten a lot of discussion in medical circles. South Korea learned a lot from an earlier epidemic (we basically missed it) which they put to good use with Covid.

China saw what was happening, and came up with something similar, but even more extreme. The restrictions in SK would never be accepted here, and China is even more severe.

Your assertion that Biden is like Xi, is just plain nuts.

Rancid wrote:

You have to be on drugs to say the ridiculous bullshit you say.

Those drugs sound like fun, I want some.

Biden is worse. Xi is from the authoritarian tradition which had been prevailing for countries in China. That is the only way to govern he knows. But Biden and Democrats are from the country which was constructed on libertarian and conservative values who championed freedom. But he and Democrats (also Democrat hacks and big spending people in Republican Party like Trump) do not believe in American values. He chooses to believe in authortarianism.
Istanbuller wrote:
Biden is worse.

Xi is from the authoritarian tradition which had been prevailing for countries in China. That is the only way to govern he knows. But Biden and Democrats are from the country which was constructed on libertarian and conservative values who championed freedom.

big spending people in Republican Party like Trump) do not believe in American values.

I not only live here, but I can remember the 1960s. You are throwing dumbass poo...

The values the Founding Fathers had were from the Enlightenment. They were the liberals of their age. The intellectual counterparts were typically conservative, like Hobbes.

Since Republicans are trying to kill democracy, you have a point there. But only about Republicans. And Sinema..

If you want to get specific about *anything*, I will respond. But since you don't know enough to get specific, that doesn't seem too likely, now does it?
late wrote:I not only live here, but I can remember the 1960s. You are throwing dumbass poo...

The values the Founding Fathers had were from the Enlightenment. They were the liberals of their age. The intellectual counterparts were typically conservative, like Hobbes.

Since Republicans are trying to kill democracy, you have a point there. But only about Republicans. And Sinema..

If you want to get specific about *anything*, I will respond. But since you don't know enough to get specific, that doesn't seem too likely, now does it?

@Istanbuller never lets his own ignorance stand in the way of having strong opinions about things he knows nothing about. He is an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work @Istanbuller! :up:
Istanbuller wrote:Biden is worse. Xi is from the authoritarian tradition which had been prevailing for countries in China. That is the only way to govern he knows. But Biden and Democrats are from the country which was constructed on libertarian and conservative values who championed freedom. But he and Democrats (also Democrat hacks and big spending people in Republican Party like Trump) do not believe in American values. He chooses to believe in authortarianism.

America was built on very liberal and progressive values so you know. The meaning of liberal and progressive just changes over the years constantly since US independence. :knife:

The US constitution was very liberal and progressive for the time. Same goes for the eradication of slavery and other things. (Although US wasn't the first, I think the Brits were)
JohnRawls wrote:America was built on very liberal and progressive values so you know.

The United States was built on exactly the same principles as the Afrikaaner nation / state. Like with South Africa the American patriots had a long struggle against the Liberal elite back in England. Georgia had a long struggle with the English liberal elite in order to win the right to own slaves. In the same way that Texas had to fight to release itself from the Mexican liberal elite in order to reinstitute slavery.

Another part of the struggle was over the western frontier. The American patriots were constrained from expanding westward by what they saw as the "Savage lovers" the Liberal elite back in London. We this same dynamic over hundreds of years. The King and Queen of Spain, the ultimate in cosmopolitan Liberal elite for the time didn't want to enslave the natives, no that came from the settlers, from the plebeians with aspiration to better themselves. We the same dynamic in 1495 as we see in 1965, when the Rhodesians made their bid to free themselves from the strangle hold of the Liberal elite back in London.
Rich wrote:The United States was built on exactly the same principles as the Afrikaaner nation / state. Like with South Africa the American patriots had a long struggle against the Liberal elite back in England. Georgia had a long struggle with the English liberal elite in order to win the right to own slaves. In the same way that Texas had to fight to release itself from the Mexican liberal elite in order to reinstitute slavery.

Another part of the struggle was over the western frontier. The American patriots were constrained from expanding westward by what they saw as the "Savage lovers" the Liberal elite back in London. We this same dynamic over hundreds of years. The King and Queen of Spain, the ultimate in cosmopolitan Liberal elite for the time didn't want to enslave the natives, no that came from the settlers, from the plebeians with aspiration to better themselves. We the same dynamic in 1495 as we see in 1965, when the Rhodesians made their bid to free themselves from the strangle hold of the Liberal elite back in London.

Liberal meaning changes over time and right now we live in a parallel reality of sorts when the word can mean different things. Liberal as for Liberal Democracy. Progressive as in for Progressive(Ahead of its time, something that rest of the world will implement eventually) ideas just to clarify for you.

So there is the 1) Time aspect of interpretation of the word 2) Modern take on things which should mostly be ignored since liberal and progressive meant different things in 1776, 1840, 1914, 19xx to nowadays.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]