KGW Report: Organized Retail Crime - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:Are diaper thieves such a menace where you live, @BlutoSays?

That's not the point. The point is one entity believing they are ENTITLED to another entity's property.
BlutoSays wrote:That's not the point. The point is one entity believing they are ENTITLED to another entity's property.

It is what America is all about! After all, you feel entitled to Indigenous land, and the fruits of slave labour.

Is it annoying when other US residents believe they are entitled, or want diapers for their kids and cannot afford them?
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is what America is all about! After all, you feel entitled to Indigenous land, and the fruits of slave labour.

Is it annoying when other US residents believe they are entitled, or want diapers for their kids and cannot afford them?

No, it's not what America is all about. Try again.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
@BlutoSays

Since you are unable to even define what the problem is, perhaps the problem is not actually that significant.

He's a Karen, all about the tantrum..
Pants-of-dog wrote:….says the person living on stolen land and enjoying stolen labour, to which he feels entitled.

Stolen labor? No that's the Democrat National Committee and Black Lives Matter taking in massive donations from Nike and other "enterprises" making goods by Uigher slave labor in China.
BlutoSays wrote:Stolen labor? No that's the Democrat National Committee and Black Lives Matter taking in massive donations from Nike and other "enterprises" making goods by Uigher slave labor in China.

That reminds me about the fact that slavery us still legal in most of the USA.

Again, your accusations of entitlement ring hollow when we see that you feel entitled to ongoing slave labour in your own country.
Pants-of-dog wrote:That reminds me about the fact that slavery us still legal in most of the USA.

Again, your accusations of entitlement ring hollow when we see that you feel entitled to ongoing slave labour in your own country.

If you know of any instances of slave labor (other than the Democrat National Committee importing illegal aliens from Mexico via cartels by making those illegal aliens beholden to smuggling cartels), please make authorities aware of that. :)
BlutoSays wrote:If you know of any instances of slave labor (other than the Democrat National Committee importing illegal aliens from Mexico via cartels by making those illegal aliens beholden to smuggling cartels), please make authorities aware of that. :)

Since it is mainly the authorities who are enslaving people, this seems redundant.

You seem unaware of how slavery continues to legally operate in the USA. When you buy your McDonald’s burger for such a low price, part of the low price comes from the fact that your patty and bun were processed by slave labour in the USA.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since it is mainly the authorities who are enslaving people, this seems redundant.

You seem unaware of how slavery continues to legally operate in the USA. When you buy your McDonald’s burger for such a low price, part of the low price comes from the fact that your patty and bun were processed by slave labour in the USA.

No, the person AGREED to work at that wage or they are not required to work for that employer.

We're not widening the definition of slave labor because it fits your idiotic argument.
BlutoSays wrote:If you know of any instances of slave labor (other than the Democrat National Committee importing illegal aliens from Mexico via cartels by making those illegal aliens beholden to smuggling cartels), please make authorities aware of that. :)

He's referring to prison labor, which in leftism they call "rehabilitation".
BlutoSays wrote:No, the person AGREED to work at that wage or they are not required to work for that employer.

We're not widening the definition of slave labor because it fits your idiotic argument.

No, the person did not agree to work at that wage, and they are required to work for that employer. This is why US law calls it "involuntary servitude".

Note that I am using the definition and wording found in your constitution. If you want to argue that this definition is too wide, then you disagree with your constitution.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, the person did not agree to work at that wage, and they are required to work for that employer. This is why US law calls it "involuntary servitude".

Note that I am using the definition and wording found in your constitution. If you want to argue that this definition is too wide, then you disagree with your constitution.

No. If you don't agree with the terms, don't take the job. If you're already in that job, leave!
BlutoSays wrote:No. If you don't agree with the terms, don't take the job. If you're already in that job, leave!

Sure. But that is not how slavery works. Even in the USA.

Fortunately, some states are finally getting rid of slavery. This year, Alabama, Louisiana, Oregon, Tennessee, and Vermont all voted on it. Only Louisiana voted to maintain slavery.

Is that is meant by “organized retail crime”? Large retail companies organizing with the government to steal labour from people legally?

——————

@late:

@wat0n is correct that I am referring to slave labour in the US prison system.
The way slavery works in the USA is the DNC pushes for more slaves from central America and then whines to raise the minimum wage, so their slaves can pay off the cartels more quickly, and the DNC can collect its kickback from the cartels more quickly. :D
Yes, you guys also have sweatshops filled with undocumented migrants.

So, there is also that form of slavery.

But as long as you guys pay the prices you feel that you are entitled to pay, none of you will lift a finger to protect rights to freedom.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
@late:

@wat0n is correct that I am referring to slave labour in the US prison system.

No Progressives or liberals call slave labour rehabilitation.

That is what I was referring to...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that heavy labour, the chain gang sort of thing, was Republican; mostly in the South.
BlutoSays wrote:
The way slavery works in the USA is the DNC pushes for more slaves from central America and then whines to raise the minimum wage, so their slaves can pay off the cartels more quickly, and the DNC can collect its kickback from the cartels more quickly.

Historically, it's business that opens the floodgates. Eventually the pressure from voters gets to the point where the flow of immigrants is slowed or stopped.

Curious thing, a lot of ag immigration was seasonal.. After the crops were picked, they'd go home to Mexico. When Trump started being an asshole about the border, these guys grabbed their families moved North, and stayed.

Yeah, he made it worse. Which will surprise no one with a clue.
late wrote:No Progressives or liberals call slave labour rehabilitation.

That is what I was referring to...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that heavy labour, the chain gang sort of thing, was Republican; mostly in the South.

@wat0n is using emotional language and making a whataboutism. It does not have any impact on the truth of anyone’s claims, so it seems unnecessary to address that part if his post.

Having said that, many progressive western capitalist governments have been using prison approaches that one could call rehabilitation and it does seem to reduce recidivism substantially.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]