US soldier defects to North Korea because "US is racist" - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Random American wrote:There's a big difference between hating the NK government and hating Koreans, but ok.

For average Koreans, it amounts to the exact same thing.

The USA flattened North Korea in the 1950s, because it "hated its government" - thereby killing about 20% of the population.

But claiming to hate "the government and not the people" is the correct PR line when you want to kill lots of people to grab their resources, or the resources of their neighbors.
@Verv

Really Verv?! I thought the USA was the only country in the world that had problems with racism. At least, that's what the anti-American crowd here told me. Is the anti-American crowd brainwashing people or something? :lol:
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 15 Sep 2023 00:37, edited 2 times in total.
The Reported Russian-North Korean Military Deal Is All About Geostrategic Balancing
Russia and North Korea’s complementary balancing acts at the global and national levels vis-a-vis China coupled with China’s reluctance to burn all bridges with the West as it begins building alternative global institutions are the real driving forces behind the first two’s reported military deal.

Many observers believe that Russia and North Korea have decided to strengthen their military ties due to shared threats from the West. Reports claim that they’re exploring a swap whereby Russia would share hypersonic, nuclear, satellite, and submarine technology with North Korea in exchange for Soviet-era ammunition and artillery. The first part of this deal would balance the emerging US-South Korean-Japanese triangle while the second would keep Russia’s special operation going into next year.

There’s likely a lot of truth to this assessment since it makes sense for them to help each other against their shared opponents in the New Cold War, but there’s more to it than just that. For starters, the preceding report about their impending swap doesn’t account for Russia’s growing edge in its “race of logistics”/“war of attrition” with NATO that’s responsible for defeating Kiev’s counteroffensive. Even without North Korea’s Soviet-era supplies, Russia is still impressively holding its own against all of NATO.

This proves that Russia’s military-industrial complex (MIC) already meets its needs in the present and beyond, thus raising the question of why Russia would countenance a military deal with North Korea in the first place, let alone such a seemingly lopsided one. A cogent explanation is that Russia’s MIC might struggle in that scenario to meet its military-technical obligations to third parties, ergo the need to purchase lower-quality supplies so that production facilities can prioritize higher-quality exports.

Even if that’s the case, then it doesn’t answer the question of why Russia would be willing to share such potentially game-changing military technology with North Korea for these supplies instead of simply paying for them with hard currency, nor why it either can’t or won’t try to get them from China. Likewise, one might also wonder why North Korea can’t receive the aforesaid military technology from China and would have to request it from Russia as part of their reported swap.

The answer to those three questions concerns China’s reluctance to burn all bridges with the West as well as Russia and North Korea’s shared interests in preemptively averting potentially disproportionate dependence on the People’s Republic. Beginning with the first balancing act, while President Xi arguably envisages China leading the creation of alternative global institutions as strongly suggested by his decision to skip last weekend’s G20 Summit in Delhi, he’d prefer for this to be a smooth process.

Any abrupt bifurcation/”decoupling” would destabilize the global economy and therefore sabotage his country’s export-driven growth, but the US might force this scenario in response to China’s large-scale arming of Russia and/or transfer of game-changing military technology to North Korea. For that reason, President Xi likely wouldn’t agree to either of those two deals except if they were urgently required to prevent their defeat by the West, but neither is facing that threat so China won’t risk the consequences.

As for the second part of this balancing act, even if President Xi offered to meet Russia’s and North Korea’s military needs, those two would still probably prefer to rely on one another for them instead of China in order to not become disproportionately dependent on the People’s Republic. Both regard that country as one of the top strategic partners anywhere in the world, but each would feel uncomfortable if they entered into relationship where Beijing plays too big of a role in ensuring their national security.

From Russia’s perspective, it’s a matter of principle to never become disproportionately dependent on any given partner since such ties could curtail the Kremlin’s foreign policy sovereignty even if its counterpart doesn’t have any nefarious intent. In the Chinese context, relations of that nature might make some policymakers less interested in maintaining their country’s balancing act between China and India, thus leading to them subconsciously favoring Beijing and pushing Delhi closer to Washington.

Should that happen, then the global systemic transition to multipolarity would revert back towards bipolarity (or rather bi-multipolarity) as Russia turbocharges China’s superpower trajectory in parallel with India helping the US retain its declining hegemony. The result would be that only those two superpowers would enjoy genuine sovereignty while everyone else’s would be greatly limited by the natural dynamics of their competition. Russia obviously wants to avoid this scenario at all costs.

Unlike Russia’s global interests, North Korea’s are purely national, but they’re still complementary to Moscow’s. Pyongyang had been disproportionately dependent on Beijing since the end of the Old Cold War after the USSR collapsed, but China later leveraged this relationship to expand ties with the West by approving UNSC sanctions against North Korea. Russia did the same for identical reasons, but North Korea wasn’t dependent on Russia so Pyongyang didn’t hold a grudge against Moscow like it did Beijing.

It was this growing distrust of China that inspired Kim Jong Un to seriously explore Trump’s ultimately unsuccessful de-nuclearization proposal in order to rebalance his country’s relations with the People’s Republic. The same motivation was why Myanmar agreed to a rapprochement with the US under Obama that also ultimately failed. Both countries felt that their disproportionate dependence on China was disadvantageous and accordingly sought to rectify it by rebalancing ties with the US.

Since the American dimension of their balancing acts didn’t bear any fruit and is no longer viable, each is now looking towards Russia to play that same role in helping them relieve their disproportionate dependence on China. Russian-Myanmarese relations were explained here while Russian-North Korean ones will now be elaborated on a bit more. From Pyongyang’s perspective, even if Beijing gave it game-changing military technology, this could always be cut off one day if China reached a deal with the US.

In fact, China probably wouldn’t consider giving North Korea such technology anyhow since that could make it more difficult for Beijing to ever leverage its influence over Pyongyang again in pursuit of such a deal with Washington, thus limiting China’s own foreign policy sovereignty. The likelihood of Russia reaching a major deal with the US anytime soon is close to nil after all that’s unfolded over the past 18 months, so North Korea believes that Russia will be a much more reliable long-term military partner.

Russia and North Korea’s complementary balancing acts at the global and national levels vis-a-vis China coupled with China’s reluctance to burn all bridges with the West as it begins building alternative global institutions are the real driving forces behind the first two’s reported military deal. This grand strategic insight enables one to better understand the true state of relations between these countries and therefore helps objective observers produce more accurate analyses about them going forward.
https://korybko.substack.com/p/the-repo ... rth-korean

Random American wrote:Because you two delude yourselves into thinking this is some revolutionary blow to the west.

:excited:
Random American wrote:"See! See! It is a revolutionary blow to the west. This random person based in Moscow said so!"

Honestly, all that came up googling that guy's name is shady Russian sources. :roll:

I really think you need to deal with the manufactured racism that leads you to trash targetted nations like North Korea and Russia.

This type of propaganda that you celebrate.... has lead to genocides in the past, and has allowed racism to survive the great increase in access to education and "other nations" of the 20th Century.

How can anyone who travels the world really think that there are evil countries out there, and we need to kill 'em?

Seriously, killing North Korea (and Russia) is all that you have brought to this thread, Randy.
QatzelOk wrote:I really think you need to deal with the manufactured racism that leads you to trash targetted nations like North Korea and Russia.

This type of propaganda that you celebrate.... has lead to genocides in the past, and has allowed racism to survive the great increase in access to education and "other nations" of the 20th Century.

How can anyone who travels the world really think that there are evil countries out there, and we need to kill 'em?

Seriously, killing North Korea (and Russia) is all that you have brought to this thread, Randy.

Where did I call for the "killing" of North Korea and Russia?
That soldier should have done more reading and thinking before moving into NK. He won't be fully accepted.

My parents, sadly, are racist when it comes to people of different races. I have tried to get them to rethink their views, but to no avail. It's like how in Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kongston, the strangers are called "ghost". Chinese don't like blacks much. My father did have one friend who was an African Chinese mix...the kinky hair and the Asian eyes, I can only imagine the teasing and ridicule he got around other Chinese. My cousins are often distant with me due to my western upbringing and their assumptions about my life are wrong and a bit unkind. They think of me as only American. I'll never be close with them because of their attitudes and inability to accept that no matter what, we are family. So I am mostly an outsider. The Chinese find it hard to accept outsiders.

My parents would freak out if I were to date a black man. It's so white in my area so the odds of that happening are slim to none.
skinster tweet wrote:Russia and China are lifting sanctions against North Korea - Lavrov

Lifting of sanctions against the DPRK by China and Russia will cause a chain reaction from other countries and influx of technology and capital.

This is how the isolation once imposed by the USA is crumbling.

This is very good news for North Korea, that tortured victim of Western imperialism. That Westerners are taught to "hate and suspect" North Korea... rather than being embarassed that their nations destroyed and killed so many innocent Koreans during the war for war profiteers... demonstrates that our social ignorance has a political purpose: it allows for more atrocities because no recognition or remorse over past atrocities.

Random American wrote:North Korea will have him deported: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/nort ... rcna117553

Edit: He is now back in U.S. custody: https://abcnews.go.com/US/north-korea-s ... =103521172

Yeah, they threw him back in the water.

I guess North Korea can afford to have higher standards now that they have important trade partners.
Whow.

This is definitely one of the strangest articles I've ever read anywhere.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/9/2 ... ed-to-know

Here’s what you need to know.

What am I, a child ?

I will decide for myself what I need to know, thank you very much.
QatzelOk wrote:it allows for more atrocities because no recognition or remorse over past atrocities.

I see little in the way of remorse from the Han for their thousands of years of racist, imperialist, exploitative terrorist, parasitic expansionism. I see little contrition from the Muslims or the Bantu for over a millennia of this behavior. As for the indigenous Americans, most of them were total savages.

I don't support White Supremacist racism today. I live in multi morphological-racial sub cultures and I'm very happy to do so. However far from being a source of shame, our White Supremacist history is something we should be deeply proud of. Recognising the common humanity of people of origin from across the whole of the vast Greater (north Africans and Turks were not "othered" because of their morphology) European continent was a great progressive advance not a reactionary regression.

"In Christ their is no Greek nor Jew". St Paul may have expressed some ideal of equality, two thousand years ago, but the ideal was a million miles from how society operated. And St Paul's egalitarianism was itself totally fraudulent. St Paul was not abolishing tribal / ethnic distinctions he was merely creating a new tribe the Christians. And this new tribe would take hate to a new level, This new tribe of Christians was not merely content to exploit, enslave, displace, rape or even exterminate all the other tribes. No this new tribe of Christians wanted to see the other tribes burning in hell, suffering in unbearable torment for eternity.

So yes the White Supremacist Christian synthesis ideology that started to emerge in the fourteenth century was actually a huge compassionate and progressive ideological and moral advance even if to the know-nothing Liberal it appears as a hateful regression.
Negotiator wrote:This is definitely one of the strangest articles I've ever read anywhere.

The bit where they have to point out the colour of the defector suggesting it was due to DPRK's racism? Yeah, lame. Al Jareeza supported the war on Syria too. They're based on Qatar, I think. They're great on Palestine but have some shit positions.
Rich wrote:I see little in the way of remorse from the Han for their thousands of years of racist, imperialist, exploitative terrorist, parasitic expansionism. I see little contrition from the Muslims or the Bantu for over a millennia of this behavior.

Interesting that, to find a parallel for how the West is acting today, you had to go back thousands of years and leave vague statements that incriminate peoples that we know little about. Interesting tactic that may also be a self-goal. You said the equivalent of "Thousands of years ago, many other peoples acted as badly as we do today."

As for the indigenous Americans, most of them were total savages.

The English word "savage" comes from the French word "sauvage" which means "Someone or something that lives freely in nature."

That the European invaders "hated this" when they saw it on Turtle Island... goes a long way to explaining how we got to picking nuclear wars during forest fires and floods. The Christians who invaded "hated" nature, and still do. Which is suicidal, but then again, most cults are.

That poor soldier probably didn't realize how much he, himself had been contaminated by the racism, anti-nature, and morbid materialism of the Settler Colonial Nation that raised him.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]